Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Heard a voice

AmberA

ok im still freaking out a bit, about 20-30mins ago i was in the bathroom brushing my hair and i was in a bad mood cus i just argued with my mom a bit and i heard someone on the other side of the bathroom door whisper my name. it sounded like my little 9 year old brother messing with me so i opened the door about to get mad at him but nobody was there. and i live in a new RV, ive lived here for almost 2 years now nobody ever lived in this RV before us and the bathroom door is thin so i can hear the other side of it really well, i clearly heard someone whisper "Amber" and i thought maybe my brother ran to my moms room after messing with me, but my mom says he was cuddling with her the whole time, and it was clear that he had been cuddling for a while. Can somebody help explain this to me this has never happened to me before and i dont know what to think of it!

Hi Amber, I can understand why the experience might have unnerved you a little, but there's no need to freak out in any way. Someone in your family might indeed have spoken your name, and since sound carries where you live, it would have been easy to hear. There's also the possibility that you heard them say something that wasn't your name but similar enough for your brain to hear it that way.

It's not unusual for people to think they hear voices, and another possibility is that it was an auditory hallucination, which would not be unusual during a stressful period or event (such as the argument with your mom).

Whatever it was, it's highly unlikely that the voice you heard was from a paranormal source, such as a spirit. Please don't frighten yourself unnecessarily.

• Like 1