Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dude! Where's My Car?!?!

BiffSplitkins

Dude, where's my car?

A Syracuse teen has made headlines in Canada after losing his car because he couldn't remember where he parked for a rock concert.

Gavin Strickland, 19, drove across the border to see Metallica in Toronto on Sunday. He left his blue-green Nissan Versa Sedan somewhere on the first floor of an underground parking garage, then took an $8 cab ride to see the heavy metal band at the Rogers Centre.

Full Story

• Like 8

"Our doofy son parked the car in an indoor parking garage," 

"I've become famous over a lost car."

your doofy son should not be driving on the road in the first place. (good to see you have put a stop to it...for now) This is the second time he has had a problem when parking his car to  a rock concert.

This is the new generation of being a wannabe, what is wrong with people today? they are more concerned about how they appear on chavbook or twatter and over look the fact that this idiot should not be driving in the first place, I would have been embarrassed to admit it after a second time, but today people think its "cool" just because it was on the internet.....it does not take away the fact he is  still a knob. 

• Like 4

a knobbly knob ... in fact

~

• Like 4

He's just an idiot. My 16 year old drove 3 hours away to see a concert. She was able to find a parking garage and remember where it was after the concert. She was even able to get there without getting lost, more than I can say for myself. Every time I've driven her to that same city I always managed to make a wrong turn or two. 

• Like 4

Well, I spent 3 hours looking for.my car,  dragging my son through the airport cause I couldn't a) remember where I parked it and B) couldn't find the correct parking area. So yeah, I don't judge those who lose their cars since I have no direction and usually Park In th same spot, using the same entrance so that I can find my car again

I do not mind getting lost tho (while driving) as I see it as the scenic route. Kids usually mention when we go for a drive..'are we doing the scenic route Mom?'  if I am in a hurry or task focused I usually use GPS or phone... 

But back to the point..

Lost car...know the feeling 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, BiffSplitkins said:

With today's technology, there is no excuse for losing your car. 

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/find-my-car-smarter/id547090457?mt=8

Okay...but i will never surrender the adventure... (Insert crazy laugh) 

• Like 2

Have never lost my car, but did forget one day that I took it to work. I always got the train to work, but this one day I drove, I was on the way home - on the train, when something told me that I was missing something, then it hit me, I had left my car in the car park. But it only happened once, next time the trains went on strike, i just phoned up and told them I was not coming in. :D

• Like 6

I'm reminded of the only time I actually drove a car into Mexico instead of just walking across.

Juarez it was. We parked my GF's car on the street, I made a mental note of it's location, I thought "Cool, got it".

Well, we did a little more than "window shopping" if you get my drift. When it was time to get the hell out of that cesspool I couldn't find our car. We walked up and down the streets of Juarez like beggars looking for a hand out. :huh:

Surprisingly I couldn't find the little VW Rabbit, It was getting late. In Mexico taxis don't have a meter per se, you bargain with the driver. I offered $5 to drive us around to look for the lost car. Guess what, we still couldn't locate it.

Moderate panic ensued. After what seemed like an eternity the Red 76 VW came into view and all was right with the world. What happened crossing the border is another story that is best left for another time. :whistle:

• Like 3

Well since we're staying on topic ... my greatest folly was that one time when I spent two hours trying to find my car in a MegaMall parking building and two more hours of intensive searching with the help of friends only to remember after all that,  I was driving my sister's car that day ... the only reason the thought that it could have been stolen didn't occur to me or made any sense then was because I was driving a Ford Anglia that I bought only months before ...

~

ford-anglia-105e_17017.jpg

~

Bought it on the cheap with plans to spruce it all up ... didn't work out too well, hardly roadworthy and parts are a pain to source ... loved that pile of junk though, got a few good years out of it ...

:lol:

~

• Like 3

On 7/21/2017 at 2:56 PM, .ZZ. said:

After what seemed like an eternity the Red 76 VW came into view and all was right with the world. What happened crossing the border is another story that is best left for another time. :whistle:

I would love to hear that story one day. Maybe on a community blog? 

• Like 1