Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ghost Woman ( 1850-1920)

lidia

The 1872 story is an interesting part of the area history... But the two courtyards are a block apart. So what happened in Clarendon Court isn't going to show up in the Tin House Court. Mrs. Evans isn't your ghost.

7 minutes ago, rashore said:

The 1872 story is an interesting part of the area history... But the two courtyards are a block apart. So what happened in Clarendon Court isn't going to show up in the Tin House Court. Mrs. Evans isn't your ghost.

Mrs. Evans could not have been attached to the other building where I saw the apparition before 1872?

@lidia   I appreciate your patience with all these questions. I presented a question that seemed to get missed: My first thought is that the place of the apparition seems to have no entry/exit points. Is that correct? And did the ghost vanish before your eyes or leave the scene or what?  How did the apparition end?

• Like 1

papageorge1, i give you more information about the building.

Building today, block apartments, 21 Murray Street.
Where it was laid before it was the Hotel du Beaver, from 1861 to 1962.picture below
Next to the left of the building which is in relation with the facade, because the old building touched the hotel of the beaver, information: 1860  callThe Black Thorn what used to be the house and workshop of a wagon builder Ottawa.
15 clarence Street.

castor_0001.jpg

http://urbsite.blogspot.fr/2012/10/hotel-du-castor.html

You ask about :

My first thought is that the place of the apparition seems to have no entry/exit points. Is that correct? And did the ghost vanish before your eyes or leave the scene or what?  How did the apparition end?

No exit correct, The ghost appear to be seating down already when i saw her, she look down at me move a little bit then i look at the guide to ask the question then she was gone .

Edited by lidia
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, lidia said:

Mrs. Evans could not have been attached to the other building where I saw the apparition before 1872?

No, probably not. Her appearances show up elsewhere. You are better off focusing your research into the Tin House Court for the 1880's era.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lidia said:

she look down at me move a little bit 

This might be a clue. if you research ghosts,  I think you will find in residual hauntings the ghosts are not aware of the people around them. But you think she noticed you but I would think it would be hard to tell. This may be a stronger type of haunting then (earthbound??). Have you researched types of ghosts and hauntings?

2 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

This might be a clue. if you research ghosts,  I think you will find in residual hauntings the ghosts are not aware of the people around them. But you think she noticed you but I would think it would be hard to tell. This may be a stronger type of haunting then (earthbound??). Have you researched types of ghosts and hauntings?

papageorge1 Perhaps she was not aware that she was dead? I indicated the apparition of Mrs Evans the others building in the courthouse.

And clothes can't be difficult to dated as fashion often changes.

Here the kink of clothes that Mrs Evans would have wear

1872-1875 

http://www.allposters.co.uk/-sp/Woman-Seated-at-a-Cafe-Table-C-1872-1875-Posters_i13542840_.htm?AID=855991569

A link about hanted Ottawa

http://hauntedottawa.net/

Edited by lidia

1 minute ago, lidia said:

papageorge1 Perhaps she was not aware that she was dead? I indicated the apparition of Mrs Evans the others building in the courthouse.

And clothes can't be difficult to dated as fashion often changes.

Here the kind of clothes that Mrs Evans would have wear

1872-1875 

http://www.allposters.co.uk/-sp/Woman-Seated-at-a-Cafe-Table-C-1872-1875-Posters_i13542840_.htm?AID=855991569

A link about hanted Ottawa

http://hauntedottawa.net/

34 minutes ago, lidia said:

Perhaps she was not aware that she was dead? 

She might have been shocked by the ridiculous modern clothes you were wearing. :o hahaha

5 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

She might have been shocked by the ridiculous modern clothes you were wearing. :o hahaha

Well, maybe but what it as to do with my thread ?

9 minutes ago, lidia said:

Well, maybe but what it as to do with my thread ?

It was just a funny about how we think their styles are weird and they think our styles are weird. Just a funny.

I should refrain from humor when in a person's second language. I would miss humor in French myself.

sorry if any confusion.

• Like 1

No worries, thank you for the explanation.
I have to say that this moment to last no more than a few seconds, but I did not have time to record all the details on the clothes of this woman. That's why I can not have an exact date. I remember she look at me with anger.

castor_0001.jpg

You know my ghost maybe from the old building the beaver the top room, she would have died in the room and would stay on the premises?

17 hours ago, lidia said:

castor_0001.jpg

You know my ghost maybe from the old building the beaver the top room, she would have died in the room and would stay on the premises?

Perhaps. Has your research turned up any ladies dying in that 1880's time frame in that building?

23 hours ago, rashore said:

Perhaps. Has your research turned up any ladies dying in that 1880's time frame in that building?

I agree to start with the list of the Executions in Canada from 1860 to abolition.

http://www.capitalpunishmentuk.org/canada.html

This woman could also have died of a natural death, but the building being the one that was there before the facade she would have stayed there at the time of her death because you indicated which could not come from the other building where Mrs Evans was seeing

2 hours ago, OrdinaryClay said:

Why are you so interested in identifying the women 20 years after the sighting?

You are right it is almost impossible to be able to identify this woman.
Find a photo dating from 1880

2 hours ago, lidia said:

You are right it is almost impossible to be able to identify this woman.
Find a photo dating from 1880

No, I meant why are you still interested so long after your experience?