Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ghost Woman ( 1850-1920)

lidia

Hello to all of you, I registered here to tell my personal story, I have already asked questions elsewhere on other sites English or French and I have never had clear answers. People tend to laugh more.
I will carry my story from another English forum and all the information comes from me.
These are my posts.
I explain to you as best I can, I speak Normally French but I manage in English.

I was a person who did not believe that ghost exist before that experience which I think I would have seen a ghost and if you want I share my story to be translated with google translate.
i have the storie in my notes and I have a lot of documentation on this experience .

I show you a picture of a place in Ottawa Bywart Market, the exact location is Courtyard, I lived before in this beautiful part the Ottawa downtown. consisting of a few restaurants, the circle indicates the location or appartition me have appeared, and the line near the fountain was the "place where I was standing.

[IMG]

.this ghost was a woman dressed in the fashion of the 1880s that date is not définitif, she was staring at me, at first I thought it was a statue, but when she move, then I totally freak, I was with a friend, did not see anything, but we were with a guide (a person who is visiting places in a small tank [IMG] ), he told me I was not alone in seeing this apparition others had already seen the ghost in question.

More information on the building in question, it is called TinHouse Courtyard, the reason is that it did belong a tinker (tinsmith in English) I mean the façade that was to keep ... this façade to give the name to the building.

In addition, the famous courtyard restaurant I also like this information

- At the beginning the building was a log tavern and was enlarged to accommodate a small hotel McArthur House
- In 1841 became the McArthur's British Hote

- In 1865 was raided by the federal government to house a garrison of 150 men to guard the new Governor General Lord Monck.- The last public hanging military took place between 1865-1875 in the restaurant's courtyard.

- In 1911-1912 the building served to the hosted civil emergency center during the outbreak of Typhoid.

What I have highlighted in black, is related to my story, because the guide had me explain that a woman had been shot by a soldier, and after he was hanged for his crime.

He said that according to legend as they say it is the ghost of a woman who haunt the premises.

[IMG]

lhistorique des lieux

History

Tin House Court: Muséoparc Vanier

What saddens me is her clothing, her dress was loose down, and following this detail, I do not see his boots completely, it may be a small detail, but I am researching.

[IMG]

Given the angle as I saw the ghost, I watched his head raised, a little corner, but I was pretty face I could tell.

I know the details for the dress hid some boots, but I'm not 100%.

And being seated, I could not see the back of her dress, but I know for sure that the dress was ample thighs.

Following his research, I will look instead for Years 1880, but I'm not sure either, I say this because of the dress.

[IMG]

Formes et modes

MODE BELLE EPOQUE - 1914

Foisy blouse Honore was born June 13, 1856 in Ottawa. He was a tinsmith by trade, like his father, Alexis Foisy.

He owned a hardware store in 223-225 Dalhousie st. which was a sign (sign) in the window that said it was also a plumber, tin (box) and roofing iron, the contractor (the contract), the home decorator. It has provided glass, gravel, roofing, pulleys, iron cornices and the heater (tools).

He built his house in 1900-1902 to 136 Guigues st., Formally the Church st., Named after the Catholic Archbishop Guigues. It went bankrupt in 1916 due to granting credit (of recognizing merit) to its customers during the First World War and lost his store (deposit) and his house. However, he has not lost his country house that was on Woodroffe Ave and the river (the river) of Ottawa, who was named his only daughter, Blanche.

She married Oscar Cloutier in 1902 in the House of Tin (Box). Copie de ville-ottawa.jpg 

Vidéo in English for you drapeau_etats-unis_petit.png ... :

Edited by lidia
  • Like 2

Very interesting. This must have greatly impressed you as you sure have given this event a lot of energy.

My first thought is that the place of the apparition seems to have no entry/exit points. Is that correct? And did the ghost vanish before your eyes or leave the scene or what? 

What is interesting is that you could see the ghost down to such detail and others have had similar experiences.

BTW. I now want to visit Ottawa because of the pictures.

Edited by papageorge1

Yes, I am invested to try to find the name of this woman, to find a photo of her to confirm her identity.
It is strange the place where it appeared, the facade to be added after. As the video explains.
The place is absolutely beautiful. This experience has deeply marked me, I know that I had a paranormal experience

Could you give more detail about her? What colors was she wearing, color of her hair, was she wearing a hat?

• Like 1

looks like an ideal spot where the sun shines, cold have been an optical illusion. Shame you did not take your phone out to caption it on camera. As for the guide saying others had seen it too and that a ghost haunts the premises - thats part of his job to tell stories. ;)

I am curious how you could speculate on the boots when you were below, I can not see how you could have seen the boots at all.  Can you give us more details on what exactly you did see eg: colours, style of "dress" and what time of day was it.

You say you are researching, is it because of what the guide told you or what you  think you saw?

24 minutes ago, rashore said:

Could you give more detail about her? What colors was she wearing, color of her hair, was she wearing a hat?

She had dark hair I would say black, she had a dark color dress too, yes she was wearing a hat also with a small veil in front

11 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

looks like an ideal spot where the sun shines, cold have been an optical illusion. Shame you did not take your phone out to caption it on camera. As for the guide saying others had seen it too and that a ghost haunts the premises - thats part of his job to tell stories. ;)

I am curious how you could speculate on the boots when you were below, I can not see how you could have seen the boots at all.  Can you give us more details on what exactly you did see eg: colours, style of "dress" and what time of day was it.

You say you are researching, is it because of what the guide told you or what you  think you saw?

There was no sun it was at the start of the evening, it was not cold it was in the summer. I did not have a phone it was 20 years ago, no camera either.
Yes the guide could tell stories but I saw the ghost before he confirmed that others had already seen it. I did some research because I want to understand what happened.
I saw below the ghost as I looked up and I could see the boots as it moved.

27 minutes ago, lidia said:

There was no sun it was at the start of the evening, it was not cold it was in the summer. I did not have a phone it was 20 years ago, no camera either.
Yes the guide could tell stories but I saw the ghost before he confirmed that others had already seen it. I did some research because I want to understand what happened.
I saw below the ghost as I looked up and I could see the boots as it moved.

20 years ago? have you researched if since then, have there have been other sightings or any photographs?

start of the evening in summer is a good time to see shadows and optical illusions, actually, it is a perfect time. 

The guide knows the building and what can been seen there at certain times, especially at the start of the evening.....so I would not call it a confirmation, but a tale he told to make his job more interesting and to keep tourists coming....jeeze, this is a classic trick. 

Still not sure how you could see the boots from where you were, but you did say you could not see the boots completely, so again i ask, what exactly did you see - colours, style, what part of the boots?

Edited by freetoroam

5 minutes ago, lidia said:

I would say the last one

the  last one in the last picture? can you get a picture of just the hat you think you saw? something a bit clearer.

Sorry Lidia, could you show us a picture of what exactly you believe you saw and not what you have been researching in terms of the dresses or hats, because so far you have shown us a dress from 1914 and a hat from 1890 (assuming I have the right hat out of all those  picture)?

Edited by freetoroam

11 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

20 years ago? have you researched if since then, have there have been other sightings or any photographs?

start of the evening in summer is a good time to see shadows and optical illusions, actually, it is a perfect time. 

The guide knows the building and what can been seen there at certain times, especially at the start of the evening.....so I would not call it a confirmation, but a tale he told to make his job more interesting and to keep tourists coming....jeeze, this is a classic trick. 

Still not sure how you could see the boots from where you were, but you did say you could not see the boots completely, so again i ask, what exactly did you see - colours, style, what part of the boots?

Yes, it's 20 years, I did research actually because when we live an experience like this one wonders questions, it's normal.
It,could have a lot of explanations but I know what I experienced. And it is paranormal.
I could see the boots because she was sitting at the end of the facade.

2 minutes ago, lidia said:

Yes, it's 20 years, I did research actually because when we live an experience like this one wonders questions, it's normal.
It,could have a lot of explanations but I know what I experienced. And it is paranormal.
I could see the boots because she was sitting at the end of the facade.

Ok,what part of the boots did you see when she was above you? and can we have the description of the dress and colours of what you saw, not what you are researching.

You say she was sitting, so when she moved....how did she move while she was sitting?

Edited by freetoroam

45 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

Ok,what part of the boots did you see when she was above you? and can we have the description of the dress and colours of what you saw, not what you are researching.

You say she was sitting, so when she moved....how did she move while she was sitting?

The boots completes her dress finished under her boots, I said she wore a dark color Black and like my title says from 1880 to 1920 because I'm not sure of the date I'm not graduated in fashion.
She moved in the direction of the right and you should know that it did last for a few seconds.

OK.. .more questions...

What was the veil like? Stiff netting, drapey fabric.. sheer, opaque? How much of her face did it cover? Did it just drape off the front, or other parts of the hat?

What about her hairstyle? Was it like one of the styles in the hat picture? or was it different? Was there any hair hanging down?

Dress details... What was her neckline shaped/styled like? What were her sleeves like?

I realize you posted a couple links about the dress in your OP.. but those span a lot of years, and you didn't tell us which photos you thought best matched what you saw. Could you do so please? Because the pic you posted in your OP was nice- but it's underwear on a dummy. And the underwear isn't from one era straight, it's a costumers dress up that has more than one date to it. A lot of different stuff could get stacked up on that.

9 minutes ago, rashore said:

OK.. .more questions...

What was the veil like? Stiff netting, drapey fabric.. sheer, opaque? How much of her face did it cover? Did it just drape off the front, or other parts of the hat?

What about her hairstyle? Was it like one of the styles in the hat picture? or was it different? Was there any hair hanging down?

Dress details... What was her neckline shaped/styled like? What were her sleeves like?

I realize you posted a couple links about the dress in your OP.. but those span a lot of years, and you didn't tell us which photos you thought best matched what you saw. Could you do so please? Because the pic you posted in your OP was nice- but it's underwear on a dummy. And the underwear isn't from one era straight, it's a costumers dress up that has more than one date to it. A lot of different stuff could get stacked up on that.

But I understand, I do my best to explain what I saw 20 years ago. And moreover I am French, I apply myself as best as I can to make no mistakes.
Her hat was small with a small veil covering her face and she was wearing long gloves also another piece of information for you. As for the hairstyle a bun, her dress had buttons all along her chest no
décolleté. Long sleeves.
I was talking about the last woman to the right of the picture on the picture.

• Like 1

Ok, so.. I need to go through and really re-read this thread before asking any more questions at the moment. But I can tell you already that whatever you experienced was not the lady shot in 1865. Totally wrong era for what you are describing.

21 hours ago, rashore said:

Ok, so.. I need to go through and really re-read this thread before asking any more questions at the moment. But I can tell you already that whatever you experienced was not the lady shot in 1865. Totally wrong era for what you are describing.

All right, this woman would have died of a violent death so that her mind would remain attached to the place where she died?
It would have other tragedies that would be the cause.

-In 1911-1912 the building served to the hosted civil emergency center during the outbreak of Typhoid.

And

We have regularly seen the ghostly specter of Mrs. Evans, a woman who died in a fire in 1872, wandering the yard and the second floor, searching for the papers she tried to save from the fire.

Information Ottawa Citizen, restaurant courtyard ... locate near Tin House

4545-49b304d.jpg
Year 2013, people (the people) say they saw a woman find a window on the second floor of the Court Restaurant on George Street, Ottawa. Many years ago most of the construction (building) was burned down completely due to a fire. The only death caused by the fire was a woman by the name of Mrs. Evans. According to the Haunted Walk of Ottawa, Ms. Evans came running back into the building (building). "We believe it was because she was trying to get her personal paperwork (paperwork) from the fire, but we are not, of course, quite sure," said Stephanie Robinson, The Haunted Walk. Restaurant employees say they hear strange noises and footsteps when there is no one around. Sometimes one can see a sitting (sitting) on a woman's chair from the corner of their eye. Ms. Evans poor (weak) can only wait near the window to see if anyone will ever get to rescue her.

I add: Mrs EVANS, wife of Frank Evans of Rue du Sussex. Dead in the fire of premises (complete story in the July 29 paper (newspaper))
Evans' maids, Mary WILSON (died July 31) and Sophie Cardinal (died August 23) were eventually killed by burns from the same fire.

http://archiver.rootsweb.ancestry.com/th/read/CAN-ONT-CARLETON/2003-03/1047409532

In 1872 the fire was a constant threat in the lower town, Ottawa .... a fire was particularly destructive according to the Citizen, fire beginning at 3.00 am on July 29, 1872.

A police patrol saw a large cloud of smoke over the sussex drive building block near York Street. Owner Mr. McDougal.

The building occupied by Mr. Mortimer and Mrs. Evans was attacked by the flames of the fire which went towards the windows in a tornado.

The shape of a woman at the window was seen by the passers-by, a ladder to be taken away, men tried to rescue this woman, the fire had progressed so much, and Mrs. Evans jumping from the third floor, she was picking up very wounded after her fall.

The young woman was taken to the hospital immediately, Mrs Evans' brother believing it was her sister to realize with horror that her sister was stuck in the fire, he begged the crowd to come to the aid of his sister Taken in the fire.

He ran to the entrance but everything burned, the stairs, he backed up crying crying his sister's name ... no sign of her, she was dead.

MCDougal was warned of the fire during a vacancy in a spring spring ... and the police were busy fighting the thieves who were watching to steal what was left and take the alcohol and cigarettes from the store all The firemen had had to smash the door to extinguish the fire.