Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Name some show's on t.v that suck

The Silver Thong

Let's see what people watch and still hate

The Gong Show.

The Bachelor(ette )

Teen Mom

Real Housewives of anywhere

• Like 2

Anything "reality" based. It's all junk and flotsam.

(I'm going by only that which I hate. I don't watch junk and flotsam.)

• Like 6

Anything that is one third commercials.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

Anything that is one third commercials.

Isn't that practically...everything?

If I'm not mistaken, back when I was a kid several thousand years ago, the most one would see is a short commercial break every fifteen minutes. Now there are long commercial breaks about every ten minutes. In an hour-length show, one is lucky to see 20 minutes of programming.

• Like 2

Just now, kmt_sesh said:

Isn't that practically...everything?

If I'm not mistaken, back when I was a kid several thousand years ago, the most one would see is a short commercial break every fifteen minutes. Now there are long commercial breaks about every ten minutes. In an hour-length show, one is lucky to see 20 minutes of programming.

When  I was a kid there were two thirty second commercials and one one minute commercial per episode. Now, every show is just, practically, window dressing for the commercials. I only binge watch shows by the season on movie channels, sans commercials, now.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

When  I was a kid there were two thirty second commercials and one one minute commercial per episode. Now, every show is just, practically, window dressing for the commercials. I only binge watch shows by the season on movie channels, sans commercials, now.

Yes, I remember now. When I was a youngster writing on stone tablets, the quarter-hour commercial breaks were very short and the half-hour breaks were longer. But there were no other commercial breaks between them. And remember when we used to call them "commercial interruptions"? Even the people n TV did. Now it's "breaks." We mustn't offend the advertisers, right?

I use Hulu a lot. And I pay a little more for the subscription so that I don't have to watch commercials.

• Like 2

The AO on netflix, if you havent seen it DONT 

Supernatural. That show sucks , yet I still end up watching. 

Nashville - one of my wife's favorites ugh 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

The AO on netflix, if you havent seen it DONT 

Supernatural. That show sucks , yet I still end up watching. 

Nashville - one of my wife's favorites ugh 

Never! That show was an awesome mind ****. I can't wait for season 2.

Edited by ExpandMyMind

I try not to watch shows that suck, but just flipping through...it seems like reality shows and that icky Dance Moms thing sucked. 

• Like 1

I'd lump all of the tedious dance shows in with reality flotsam. The overabundance of the cooking crap, too. How many ways can Chef Ramsay recycle ways to scream like a strutting dandy at folks?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Never! That show was an awesome mind ****. I can't wait for season 2.

Really? I was all in until the end but ive never appreciated interpretative dance so it just killed it for me LOL 

20 hours ago, Hammerclaw said:

Apropos of that, we were watching some show where a bunch of celebs sat at a table and shot the breeze (because despite having 100 channels to choose from, there was nothing else on for 15 before Poirot started). The show had a little fanfare for whenever they came back from ads. In Oz that was about every 10 minutes. The fanfare played every three or four. So the US apparently cut to ads every three or four minutes of programming. 

Holy Sithspit that'd be annoying. 

1 minute ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Apropos of that, we were watching some show where a bunch of celebs sat at a table and shot the breeze (because despite having 100 channels to choose from, there was nothing else on for 15 before Poirot started). The show had a little fanfare for whenever they came back from ads. In Oz that was about every 10 minutes. The fanfare played every three or four. So the US apparently cut to ads every three or four minutes of programming. 

Holy Sithspit that'd be annoying. 

Got that right. The first show I binge watched was Farscape, made in Australia, I believe. Never could get into it when originally broadcast because the commercial interruptions made the "in Chriton's head"  Scorpius sequences far too confusing.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Teen Titans Go!, Power Puff Girls 2016, Steven Universe (at least IMO), The Fairly Oddparents, Big Bang Theory. To name some off the top of my head. 

2 hours ago, AustinHinton said:

Teen Titans Go!, Power Puff Girls 2016, Steven Universe (at least IMO), The Fairly Oddparents, Big Bang Theory. To name some off the top of my head. 

I don't even know what most of those are. But I must apologize, sir, with The Big Bang Theory. That is one of the very few shows on TV that's worth watching. And is still damn funny and clever with each new episode.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, AustinHinton said:

ESPECISLLY if you loved Teen Titans. 

Abd I agree with Big Bang Theory - a vein of nasty "humour" there. 

On ‎7‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 11:01 PM, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

ESPECISLLY if you loved Teen Titans. 

I never watched much of TT, but I grew up during the time of the original PPGs, and the new one is a kick in the childhoods. :( 

On ‎7‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 10:50 PM, kmt_sesh said:

I don't even know what most of those are. But I must apologize, sir, with The Big Bang Theory. That is one of the very few shows on TV that's worth watching. And is still damn funny and clever with each new episode.

As someone who is Autistic, I do not find the show's portrayal of autistics to be flattering. And many other Auties agree with me.

I watched a few episodes of Alaskan Bush People and omg 

• Like 1

On 01/08/2017 at 1:01 PM, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

:o What ?....whatever do you mean by a vein of nasty humour ?...I personally think that the dialogue is very clever and funny. Oh well, what ever floats your boat I guess :-*..

• Like 1

I rarely watch commercial television, as half of it's tripe, especially when it comes to some of these pea-brained reality and TV games shows....not to mention the constant advertising that's rammed down your throat. Thank god, for the mute button. 

• Like 2

We haven't had cable for about six years now... never had satellite.

Take care what you eat, it affects your health, take greater care what you choose to let yourself think, it affects how you view reality.

• Like 1