Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Strange Experience Waking From A Dream

Awakingspirit

I just experienced the strangest dream and sudden awakening I ever have. It has been a long day for me as I was up up by 4am with 3 hours of sleep or less. I went through various body and fluid test today and found myself to be completely worn out by the time I got home. I decide to take a nap on the couch and fell asleep almost instantly.

As I was sleeping I began to dream but the dream was unlike any I've ever had before. During this dream it was like a was watching an infomercial over and over probably 5 times. The infomercial was explaining how to do something and was stressing the way to do it was very important. As the infomercial repeated itself again and again I began to become aware of it and sarcastically yelled out "play it again". Suddenly the infomercial stopped and I was in a room full of my close friends. It was the happiest place to be. Everyone was laughing and joking around and you could feel the happiness in the Air. The pleasure of this dream was unlike any dream I've had before. Just as I began to feel this overwhelming happiness, there were 2 firm and omniscient claps that sounded like they came from someone outside the dream but that was fully aware of what was going on. I was awoken immediately regardless of the pleasantness of the dream.

I've read many stories and things online about people hearing noises that wake them up that arent actually there, but just a  part of there subconscious. This was nothing like they describe. I knew the claps weren't in the "real world", but I can't help feeling very strange about them. The claps didn't seem to have come from around my physical body but I am almost certain they were an outside force of my spiritual or dream state.The dream was very pleasant possibly the most pleasant dream I've ever had in my entire life. Once I woke up I felt like there was a controlling force beyond my dream spectrum that had woken me up. Very similar to a hypnotist waking someone in their hypnotic state using claps or snaps of their finger. I couldn't shake this feeling that someone had manipulated my dream.

I tried to think of as many details of the dream as possible, I remember that while watching the infomercial it was like I was being told how to do something but I can't remember exactly what it was informing me of. I felt almost forced to watch the screen and couldn't look awake or have much mobility until I became fully aware of the situation. I feel very strange about the dream and feel like the claps were coming from outside my dreams but not my existing reality. Has anyone else ever experienced anything similar or have a possible explanation for the events I went through??? 

• Like 2

Greetings.

Do you lucid dream?  If not, what you described could be a beginning.  For instance, one can suggest to himself that he wake-up immediately during bad dreams and after pleasant dreams.  Better yet, you switched from one dream to another and only woke up soon enough after the good one to remember it.  Therefore, consider yourself a self-hypnotist, and tell yourself to satisfactorily alter nightmares with a snap and recall the best ones with a clap.

Transcendental dreams.

Edited by aka CAT
  • Like 1