Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Free diver hits bottom of world's deepest pool

UM-Bot

• The title was changed to Free diver hits bottom of world's deepest pool

He should get a job as Aquaman's stunt double!

• Like 2

Presumably two lungfulls.  :P

• Like 2

Does anyone know how long he had to hold his breath for this? Can't see that stat anywhere. Very impressive how ever long.

• Like 3

He is clearly mermaid man, but where was barnacle boy??

• Like 1

Incredibly, this isn't even Nery's deepest dive - back in 2011 he managed to set a new record by descending 117 meters underwater - that's almost three times the depth of this pool.

Bonkers. I have a major fear of dark, deep waters....it gives me anxiety lol the video is cool to watch

• Like 2

Being a SCUBA diver and somewhat interested in underwater activities, I've watched free diver competitions and they are remarkable feats.  It's not only remarkable to get down on one breath but it's equally remarkable to save enough to get back to the surface safely.  In the competitions the divers hold on to a drop weight to go down and then use an inflated air bag to come back up.  They don't move a whole lot when doing it to conserve oxygen.  I question his ability to move so much on a single breath if he also had to make it all the way back up to the surface.  I would have liked to see how he got back up or if he grabbed some oxygen once he got down there or used an airbag to get back up quickly.  I did see something hanging in the water at the bottom but I don't know what it was.

Still, very impressive.