Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

North Korea drought worst since 2001

The Caspian Hare

North Korea is facing severe food shortages after being hit by its worst drought since 2001, a report from the United Nations says.

Crop production in the country has been hampered by a prolonged dry period and food imports are now urgently required to fill the gap, the UN has warned.

The most vulnerable, such as children and the elderly, will be worst hit.

In the 1990s, hundreds of thousands of North Koreans are believed to have died during a widespread famine.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-40669026

• Like 1

why is it just north Korea? 

Obviously, any aid or food will never reach the people.

• Like 1

On 7/21/2017 at 9:02 PM, The Silver Thong said:

why is it just north Korea? 

Don't you realise that Trump has authorized the use of Haarp to control the weather......or maybe it's just bad luck for the innocent majority.

sounds awful.maybe people should be giving the poor people food

On Friday, July 21, 2017 at 8:46 PM, kartikg said:

practically speaking the best time to get a deal with North Korea, give up nukes for food. 

My thoughts exactly. But who should they give up their nukes to? Not any single country...eg: America or Russia. 

Maybe the world can come together and get rid of all the nukes and concentrate on protecting people from disasters like this.....natural disasters will not slow down because the population is growing.......the human race is doing its fair share of contributing to these disasters too.....and what do the leaders spend the billions on? Weapons...incredible!!!!

3 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

My thoughts exactly. But who should they give up their nukes to? Not any single c. ountry...eg: America or Russia. 

Maybe the world can come together and get rid of all the nukes and concentrate on protecting people from disasters like this.....natural disasters will not slow down because the population is growing.......the human race is doing its fair share of contributing to these disasters too.....and what do the leaders spend the billions on? Weapons...incredible!!!!

They can dismantle their nukes under the presence of UN nuclear agencies and allow intern monitors for inspection

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, kartikg said:

They can dismantle their nukes under the presence of UN nuclear agencies and allow intern monitors for inspection

When you say "they" do you mean all countries?

tbo....i can not see why any country with nukes have the right to tell others they can not have them.

so people do not trust north Korea with nukes, but they trust Pakistan, india, China, Russia, America????

We live in a world with an increasing population....droughts and floods will not cease, the number of deaths will grow, but hey, not to worry because the leading countries have their money in weapons and nukes.

2 hours ago, freetoroam said:

When you say "they" do you,  mean all . countries?

tbo....i can not see why any country with nukes have the right to tell others they can not have them.

so people do not trust north Korea with nukes, but they trust Pakistan, india, China, Russia, America????

We live in a world with an increasing population....droughts and floods will not cease, the number of deaths will grow, but hey, not to worry because the leading countries have their money in weapons and nukes.

In an ideal world everyone should disarm hold hands have bonfire and sing songs I am not being sarcastic. The world we live in is a mixture of national ambition, geo political tension , corruption , muscle power , selfish and Noble people and goals  so a total disarmament is not possible . 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, kartikg said:

In an ideal world everyone should disarm hold hands have bonfire and sing songs I am not being sarcastic. The world we live in is a mixture of national ambition, geo political tension , corruption , muscle power , selfish and Noble people and goals  so a total disarmament is not possible . 

Bot sure about the sing songs, too many people think they really can sing, and they really can  not, have you ever watch the X factor? :lol:

• Like 1

On 7/21/2017 at 2:58 PM, Boozemonkey said:

Don't you realise that Trump has authorized the use of Haarp to control the weather......or maybe it's just bad luck for the innocent majority.

Ahh Now it makes sense wait a sec I thought they closed HARP down ;).  One look at Kim big pig I can see where all the food goes that they have.  

On a sad note I have seen some illegal or so called illegal footage of how the people in NK live and it brings tears to my eyes.  I think some would love a nuclear war. 

Edited by The Silver Thong
  • Like 1