Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

An Undocumented Teen Gains Asylum

aztek

His case is remarkable for two reasons. At 16, Ruiz is representative of a class of highly vulnerable undocumented minors living under a presidential administration that is pushing people like him out. Even more remarkable is the person who helped get Ruiz to this point ― his lawyer, who also happens to be New York state’s first openly undocumented attorney.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/undocumented-teen-gains-asylum-help-120026707.html

liberal idiocy at its finest

51 minutes ago, aztek said:

His case is remarkable for two reasons. At 16, Ruiz is representative of a class of highly vulnerable undocumented minors living under a presidential administration that is pushing people like him out. Even more remarkable is the person who helped get Ruiz to this point ― his lawyer, who also happens to be New York state’s first openly undocumented attorney.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/undocumented-teen-gains-asylum-help-120026707.html

liberal idiocy at its finest

Look out New York...I am at least as well undocumented a lawyer as he is {{starts looking for new top-of-the-range ve'hickle]]B)

but definitely idiocy!

2 hours ago, seanjo said:

Is "Undocumented Teen" just a PC way of saying, illegal immigrant?

No. Or at least not really in this particular case. The kid didn't immigrate here illegally, as in just moved here with no intentions of being here legally. He took the legal route, seeking asylum through legal council, and has been granted legal asylum. Still not quite legal immigrant status like it would be if he were seeking and granted citizenship. But not illegal immigrant.

7 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

If he got asylum, would he not be a legal undocumented alien?

Almost... he's now a legal documented alien.

• Like 1

This has become so weird. I remember as a Canadian I could cross the US Canada border any time I wanted. Now I need two pieces of ID and a passport.  Me and my friends loved driving to Montana Idaho Washington state back in the day. Why do some get exceptions from the rule. 

This is a funny thing Canada is taking asylum seekers leaving the US by the thousands. I thought to get refugee are asylum status you had to prove you were fleeing a nation at war or in strife or possible famine.  So far the US is not like any of those things so why are they coming to Canada. Because Trump want to enforce the law ? and Canada will not?  To me this is a bad joke. 

7 hours ago, rashore said:

No. Or at least not really in this particular case.

yes it is he was here illegally so he is an illegal. doe snot matter what intentions he had.