Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Burial Grounds

Morgannn

14 hours ago, Timonthy said:

Welcome to UM,

Which town is it? Will be interesting to look into the history. 

Hey! This is Kennebunk Maine , USA . If you find anything regarding Whitten road or Duncan drive please let me know as i have researched some myself

7 hours ago, Sakari said:

That right there is your Dagger.

Indian Burial grounds....That would be documented if true. What town do you live in?....I can search it myself, or if you would like, support this with respectable, verifiable links.

This is documented, and also fought in court by tribes, if not protected by laws already enacted.......So, let's see the proof.

Refer to my last two  comments

Kennebunk, Maine 04043

Thank you 

Just now, rashore said:

How old are you Morgannn?

I'm 18. 

I know this is not a good reference, my friend Steven is 24. 

Kennebunkport is right next to my house and is also Kennebunk  (the only reason they separated the two is because Kennebunkport is a tourist attraction and is much larger than Kennebunk which is mainly woods. I live on a dirt road.  Two minutes drive and I am in Kennebunkport 

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked
3 hours ago, Morgannn said:

Refer to my last two  comments

Kennebunk, Maine 04043

Thank you 

I can not find anything pointing to even a hint of Indian burial grounds being disturbed during any development in that area. In reality, there are few real cases of this.

When a developer excavates any remains, it is immediately reported, and work is stopped until archeological teams determine what is going on. And decided if it needs protected ( Historical ) etc. This is always heavily documented, and reported. It is law, Federal and State.

A lot of people claim these things, thanks to movies like " Poltergeist " and just local legends.

I assure you, your neighborhood is clear of any burial grounds. If you have any verifiable, respectable, valid evidence to support I am wrong, please share it.

Mean no offense by this. I used to frequent this place a lot. ( UM ) Been there done that. Hopefully this information will put you at ease.

I am off now. Your topic interested me yesterday, so I replied. Off to what I have been doing :)

Here is what I could pick up from my research.  I only visited two websites. 

You are not an official so your statement is somewhat invalid. 

So I have compiled some useful and most likely not so useful information. Not every source is totally credible but it is still enough to know a bit more about my town (s).

1. http://www.nedoba.org/p3_me_kennebunk.html (the Indian events)

This website described some of the homes in Kennebunk//Kennebunkport which were around  when the civil war was occurring, the Indian invasion had also occured around this time -
http://www.kennebunkmaine.us/572/Read-each-panel

• Like 1

No, regardless of a local take on what might be happening, i don't think even if it was a grounds it would solve or really give me any answers. I only added this in because I am looking at all possible things at play. And how am I supposed to be calm when this is still happening :(

It's just upsetting. I know people make fake stories and try to rile people up. Everyone here has been asking me to prove myself, to explain . 

How can you explain something you're so scared to comprehend? It's just strange that the only place I felt like I could reach out to, was inevitably the place that turned me away with no real answer . Kind of ironic. I guess all i can really do is shrug it off, and keep looking for answers. 

Edited by Morgannn
  • Like 1

Hello Morgan,

I am a paranormal investigator in Oregon and I have seen and experienced a lot of happenings such as what you appear to be going through.  I am sorry that what has happened at your home has had some impact on you and or your family.  Not understanding what is happening in your home or why can be scary and frustrating.  Fear, is usually caused by not understanding something, or the unknown.  If this is a serious negative entity, then do not let it scare you, as it will feed it.  The main question for you is once all logical reasons are explored for what may be causing these events, then looking into the metaphysical, supernatural, or paranormal for explanations would be the next step.  I have personally been witness in my own home to light switches being flicked off. It does happen and I believe your testimony.  Some questions that must be asked:

Does anyone in the household use drugs?  

Has anyone meddled in witchcraft, occult, tarot cards, ouija boards, seances,  etc. ?

Is anyone in the household spiritual?  What religions?

Anything happen like this before in the family history in present residence or other?

I would suggest keeping a detailed log daily with dates, places, events for future study. The more information and background information you can provide is helpful.  A healthy balance of keeping a record, but avoiding focusing on it is suggested.  

Best Regards,

Aaron

• Like 1

20 hours ago, OPS said:

Hello Morgan,

I am a paranormal investigator in Oregon and I have seen and experienced a lot of happenings such as what you appear to be going through.  I am sorry that what has happened at your home has had some impact on you and or your family.  Not understanding what is happening in your home or why can be scary and frustrating.  Fear, is usually caused by not understanding something, or the unknown.  If this is a serious negative entity, then do not let it scare you, as it will feed it.  The main question for you is once all logical reasons are explored for what may be causing these events, then looking into the metaphysical, supernatural, or paranormal for explanations would be the next step.  I have personally been witness in my own home to light switches being flicked off. It does happen and I believe your testimony.  Some questions that must be asked:

Has anyone meddled in witchcraft, occult, tarot cards, ouija boards, seances,  etc. ?

Anything happen like this before in the family history in present residence or other?

I would suggest keeping a detailed log daily with dates, places, events for future study. The more information and background information you can provide is helpful.  A healthy balance of keeping a record, but avoiding focusing on it is suggested.  

Best Regards,

Aaron

Thank you so much for finding my page! 

I will answer all questions to the best of my ability that i believe may be correlated 

To these events. 

My mother is borderline alcoholic. She'll wake up late at night and crack a cold one for no reason.  She was never ever like this before she moved in with her boyfriend Wayne . Today I left home to go back to my upstate home to work. She explained that if she's dead in the future then I'll feel guilty for leaving her home alone. 

I asked her why would she even say that, and she told me, "You have no idea what that man is capable of doing" . I have always been concerned of him hurting her, as he has before.  But he acts like a very nice guy to me, probably hiding his own negativity so I don't get involved. He has hit her before. 

My mother claims to be Wicca and that she used to read tarot cards and read palms . She displays stone trees of life all over the house. Although I've never thought much of these things, being a believer in God, (no religion based) i have never thought much of it. 

Wayne - Atheist I believe although he has a cross over where he sleeps. Yet he has multiple skulls all over the house.

Myself - strong  belief in angels, God, negative and positive energies and entities. (Seeing that event the other day made me a real believer if I wasn't  already). I meditate often.  

My mother - I'm very unsure. Wicca is not something I know much about.

Naomi - no religious beliefs, no filter in reality with severe autism 

I have compiled some events. 

1. My mother said her house from childhood burnt to the ground, but she can't remember why. 

Moments later, my grandmother says it was because my mother and her brother were playing with matches while they were home alone. When she got home, the two were outside watching the house burn. 

2. My mother had a best friend named Jamie. She never comes around anymore because she claimed to always see a figure of a small boy (same age as Naomi) who she believed to be Naomi's miscarried brother. My mother had only one miscarriage that I know of. 

3. Every house ive ever lived in was scary to me. (When I was with my mother ) . I don't know if this is a childhood thing to do but i felt like mentioning. 

4. I have never experienced anything up until now, but my grandmother had me over when I was 4. She swears to this story to the day of her death three years ago. 

I was in my great grandmother's bedroom (it had been kept the same since her death) 

I was apparently talking to someone (my great grandmother) . When I left the room gram asked me who i was talking to . I said, " Louis" . Then I was asked to describe her. After I got it picture perfect, my grandmother showed me a picture of the family a few years before her death. I pointed Louis,  my great grandmother out on the spot. And my grandmother explained that Louis had been passed for ten years, long before I was even born . 

I do not remember this.  Not sure if this means anything but I wanted to add it. 

Lastly, my mother and Wayne both had a seriously terrible life. Wayne was beat up by kids in school, whereas my mother's story lead her to severe post traumatic stress disorder. All i know is her and her brother (after burning the house down) were Sent to a foster home, and were brutally  tortured and raped by the foster family. 

My mother never told me this information, my father did .

Thank you again,  I hope something of this helps. I am praying for the safety of my family. 

Edited by Morgannn

I would also like to mention I am very spiritual via meditation and extensive interest in the unknown. Native American blood runs through me and is what I believe to be a reason behind some of my abilities to see these things or feel energies and channel them throughout. 

• Like 1

Woah I totally forgot to mention! 

When I was a kid, a lived across the street from an old lady . She was digging at the house one day, and child me ran up and out of curiosity asked her what she was up to. She was heavily religious. 

She was digging up a glass baby Jesus. I thought it was cute, and i asked her why she burried it. 

She said that she had done it long ago upon moving in, she had the house blessed and therefore anything would be trapped in the ornament while she lives there. 

She asks me if I can take it. Silly me says yes! Little did I know what it was . 

So I have had it in Wayne's for about two years.  No clue why i kept it, but I definitely didn't want to just hand it to someone else. I always kept it in top of my drawer with my other lifetime treasures. Before current events happened, I came to the house and I was cleaning up my room a bit. I noticed it was gone? Nowhere to be found, and I know where i had left it  (I don't actually live with my mother) . 

I don't know what caused me to forget this detail until now when my boyfriend reminded me about it. But something throws me off about it. If you also know anything about these type of things let me know? 

I am not sure but i also think I remember the old woman say never to break it. 

I never saw her again 

Edited by Morgannn

On 7/23/2017 at 2:37 AM, Morgannn said:

Not at all. My sister has severe autism and does things for no real reasoning but I figure she is not scared of me

Just curious, have you bothered to ask or poke around for the answer to this?

18 minutes ago, Metaman92 said:

Just curious, have you bothered to ask or poke around for the answer to this?

I've thought about it myself but can never really put my finger around it. Often believe she may be talking to something or being led to do things . Not sure though, autism is something extraordinary and I try not to read into it too hard.

8 minutes ago, Morgannn said:

I've thought about it myself but can never really put my finger around it. Often believe she may be talking to something or being led to do things . Not sure though, autism is something extraordinary and I try not to read into it too hard.

Might not be a bad idea to passively search for the answers to that. You could mitigate confrontation and any awkward incentives or suspicions from them.

And if she was talking to something then wouldn't that be a completely separate thing apart from her being autistic? Some other complimentary condition to it perhaps?

9 hours ago, Metaman92 said:

Might not be a bad idea to passively search for the answers to that. You could mitigate confrontation and any awkward incentives or suspicions from them.

And if she was talking to something then wouldn't that be a completely separate thing apart from her being autistic? Some other complimentary condition to it perhaps?

I have no clue but my options are there. She doesn't hallucinate but her disorder isn't vague. I'll have to look into this further, this part in particular.  

Any other answers you may have regarding my situation or what it is, what to do? How to act? 

Sounds like a shadow spirit maybe a child but these beings are usually not to be messed with id say much like any other paranormal being because we have no idea how to defend our spirits from something like this.  Maybe do some research on shadow spirits if you have not already.

Edited by Sendall