Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Trials of Trump

RoofGardener

He sure put his foot in it at the Boy Scout Jamboree.  His petty meanness was on display.  I guess that is my take, many of you will think he did a good job.  There is a limit to talking politics.  It should not have happened at the National Prayer Breakfast, the Navy commissioning ceremony, or the Boy Scout Jamboree. Other places might not be so crass and foolish.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

He sure put his foot in it at the Boy Scout Jamboree.  His petty meanness was on display.  I guess that is my take, many of you will think he did a good job.  There is a limit to talking politics.  It should not have happened at the National Prayer Breakfast, the Navy commissioning ceremony, or the Boy Scout Jamboree. Other places might not be so crass and foolish.

In Trump's defense, he didn't just talk about politics.  He talked about himself quite a bit too....

It was weird.  But, eh, that's who we voted for.

• Like 1

Okay, I personally could care less about a transgender ban in the military, but what the heck?  Seems like he is governing with drunk 8 am tweets.

On 7/22/2017 at 9:10 AM, RoofGardener said:

A thought occured to me thismorning, as I was pruning my tomato plant. 

Many people on this forum are highly critical of President Trump, which is fair enough. 

However... since becoming President, has he done anything that he did NOT state that he would do during his presidential campaign ? 

Hmmmm....

Maybe that is the problem? The part about his campaign, meaning the people who voted for him.

For the first time, the media is main-streaming the idea that it is okay to despise everyone that voted for the 'other guy'... meaning the outisder, Trump.

It is impossible for millions and millions of people to have the intense and very personal dislike they have for somebody they never met even before he actually did anything that had any effect on them at all. And this whole thing has been going on since Nov. 9, the day after the unthinkable happened, taking it so personally is even weirder in that context.

IMHO, it isn't about Trump, it is about people that Leftists do known, and hate, and either know or suspect of voting for Trump.

And thus, we have a classical case of transference. 

"I can't get at my Boss, but I can sure make life hard for THIS guy, let's sign a petition!" and so on. 

• Like 1

Nets Love Trump Drama – Largely Ignore Jobs, Record High Dow Jones

During the past six months, the broadcast networks have provided massive coverage of the Trump presidency, but last night they had almost no time to let viewers know about an actual success of his administration.

The President's announcement on Wednesday of a $10 billion investment in a U.S.-based manufacturing plant in Wisconsin drew a scant 40 seconds of news coverage on the CBS Evening News (15 seconds) and NBC Nightly News (25 seconds), while ABC's World News Tonight skipped it entirely. The continued record run of the stock market under Trump – the Dow Jones Industrial Average hit another all-time high on Tuesday – was utterly ignored.

https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/mike-ciandella/2017/07/27/nets-love-trump-drama-–-largely-ignore-jobs-record-high-dow-jones

• Like 1

Trump honors first responders from baseball practice shooting where Steve Scalise was injured with Medal of Valor awards for their bravery

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4737284/Trump-honors-responders-baseball-game-shooting.html#ixzz4o4Cbf0Fz 
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

32 minutes ago, Sweetpumper said:

Trump honors first responders from baseball practice shooting where Steve Scalise was injured with Medal of Valor awards for their bravery

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4737284/Trump-honors-responders-baseball-game-shooting.html#ixzz4o4Cbf0Fz 
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

What's up with this?  First responders everywhere should be honored.  Not just those that help his "team".

Just now, Gromdor said:

What's up with this?  First responders everywhere should be honored.  Not just those that help his "team".

Of course. The problem with it, is, that this too is being buried in our MSM. You can Google it to get there but it sure isn't being promoted.

3 minutes ago, Sweetpumper said:

Of course. The problem with it, is, that this too is being buried in our MSM. You can Google it to get there but it sure isn't being promoted.

See that's the thing.  The news is there, it's just people are fickle and that's not what they care about.  You are basically complaining about not being spoon fed the news you want.

Take the whole Foxconn thing.  I read about it because I care about it and my money- investment wise.  But Foxconn has a pretty bad reputation about working people to the point of suicide (they installed nets around their factories in China to catch the jumpers).  So when I hear that Wisconsin is spending 3 billion in tax incentives for a foreign company to invest there and hire x amount of people, I take it with a grain of salt.  Especially since the company is down talking the numbers that Trump gave.  I am thinking his supporters aren't spreading it around too thick either because of some of the negatives.  Especially after the mixed happenings at Carrier. 

As for the Dow Jones, I know all about the gains.  But the thing is, the stock market isn't America.  It's global corporations. I actually made a ton of money investing in Alibaba back when I posted that I was thinking of doing it.  But I chose Alibaba because it was in China and I thought that Trump was basically handing global control of the direction of the world's economy to the Chinese.  (That view hasn't changed btw)  Do you have any stocks?  I have Exxon, Deere, and the like.  All global.