Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Lidia from France

lidia

Welcome to UM lidia :st Please, take time to read the site rules, check out some threads, and enjoy your time here on UM :tu:

We already have many threads on UM that pertain to terrorism. It's a wise idea to see what is already going on first before posting a new topic about it. If you are looking for specific topics, you can use the search box located in the upper right corner of the page.

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, lidia said:

I come from France,  France is a wonderful country.
I am experienced in computer science even if I had difficulty putting an avatar:P, I could create a lot of subject about terrorism but I do not know if it is allowed?
I am a frank and direct person.
I'm not an expert in English, but I prefer to come here only because French forums where you can not express yourself freely.
Thank you for welcoming me amongst you.

Welcome lidia, we have already met.

There are many discussions on here on all different subject. I like this site because it covers so many subjects. We have some topics where you agree with people and on other topics you disagree with them, it makes for good debating.

My mother is French, what part are you from? My family are from a small village called Santranges. 

• Like 4

Welcome.

In what way are you unable to express yourself on French forums?

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, rashore said:

Welcome to UM lidia :st Please, take time to read the site rules, check out some threads, and enjoy your time here on UM :tu:

We already have many threads on UM that pertain to terrorism. It's a wise idea to see what is already going on first before posting a new topic about it. If you are looking for specific topics, you can use the search box located in the upper right corner of the page.

Thank you for your welcome rashore, could you please give me the section where i could make thread about terrorism ?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

Welcome lidia, we have already met.

There are many discussions on here on all different subject. I like this site because it covers so many subjects. We have some topics where you agree with people and on other topics you disagree with them, it makes for good debating.

My mother is French, what part are you from? My family are from a small village called Santranges. 

Thank you, yes we already met, no problèm i am a easy going person, i am from Lyon, so you are half Américan and French ? i adore my mother.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Welcome.

Because there are Many stupid laws here against racism and homophony, and so on. People can not express themselves

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, lidia said:

Thank you for your welcome rashore, could you please give me the section where i could make thread about terrorism ?

Please do not make a new thread about terrorism. There are already many threads in the various news and politics sections you should look at first. If you need help searching for a topic, use the search feature please.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Welcome.

I think you'll find some clues in this thread

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, rashore said:

Please do not make a new thread about terrorism. There are already many threads in the various news and politics sections you should look at first. If you need help searching for a topic, use the search feature please.

Thank you , but on the search button Nothing about the Paris Attack November 13 2015

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, lidia said:

Thank you , but on the search button Nothing about the Paris Attack November 13 2015

Hi Lidia welcome to UM :st

I think that topic got shut down,sometimes we get a bit outta line on certain topics and well not much choice but for the mods to shut them down... :lol:

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, lidia said:

Thank you, yes we already met, no problèm i am a easy going person, i am from Lyon, so you are half Américan and French ? i adore my mother.

American? easy there Lidia...lol. No I was born in France but came to England when I was a baby, I was brought up in South London. I went to France regularly to see the family. Lots of history round those parts.

I know of Lyon as my mothers brother lived there for a while, but I have not been there. 

I am not religious, but I have been to Never many times to visit St Bernadette,  extremely moving place.

My family are from a very rural part, but there is a lot of history about my ancestors round there, and yes, very beautiful country. But now I live on a narrowboat and I have traveled the canals and rivers around England and Wales, and have seen some amazing sights., but it does not compare to the Loire. Different kind of river all together. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

Hi Lidia welcome to UM :st

I think that topic got shut down,sometimes we get a bit outta line on certain topics and well not much choice but for the mods to shut them down... :lol:

Thank you for the welcome, no problem it is the fact that i have a lot of information to share with you. i am new here i will find other subject at the forum to talk about :)

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, lidia said:

Because there are Many stupid laws here against racism and homophony, and so on. People can not express themselves

:D Yeah, why would Europe ever need laws against racism or homophobia?

16 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

I think you'll find some clues in this thread

Ahh. Another one.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

American? easy there Lidia...lol. No I was born in France but came to England when I was a baby, I was brought up in South London. I went to France regularly to see the family. Lots of history round those parts.

I know of Lyon as my mothers brother lived there for a while, but I have not been there. 

I am not religious, but I have been to Never many times to visit St Bernadette,  extremely moving place.

My family are from a very rural part, but there is a lot of history about my ancestors round there, and yes, very beautiful country. But now I live on a narrowboat and I have traveled the canals and rivers around England and Wales, and have seen some amazing sights., but it does not compare to the Loire. Different kind of river all together. 

Then you are French and you live in England, I am religious I find churches and cathedrals in France wonderful, I love England and its history too.
At the moment I am a great supporter of Chris Frome in the Tour de France.:)

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, lidia said:

Thank you for letting me know which specific topic you were looking for. We did have a thread on that, and it was closed for good reasons. Please do not start a new topic about it. Between the language differences and the problems with the topic itself, it does not need to be re-introduced.

Again, take time to check out some threads. Settle in a bit.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, rashore said:

Thank you for letting me know which specific topic you were looking for. We did have a thread on that, and it was closed for good reasons. Please do not start a new topic about it. Between the language differences and the problems with the topic itself, it does not need to be re-introduced.

Again, take time to check out some threads. Settle in a bit.

I understand, no worries, I am a respectful person and I myself have a forum in French on the history of France, I know what it is to make respect the rules of a forum.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, lidia said:

Then you are French and you live in England, I am religious I find churches and cathedrals in France wonderful, I love England and its history too.
At the moment I am a great supporter of Chris Frome in the Tour de France.:)

I have been to the Bourges Cathedral 5 times,  very impressive. But I like the castles round the centre of France and have visited many. I love history, and France and England has much. I also went to Guedelon a few times, from when they began to build it,  very fascinating. 

• Like 2

Ah welcome. You might be the first french member I am not sure 

2 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

I have been to the Bourges Cathedral 5 times,  very impressive. But I like the castles round the centre of France and have visited many. I love history, and France and England has much. I also went to Guedelon a few times, from when they began to build it,  very fascinating. 

The history of France is Wonderful, Versailles, Louis X1V and so on and England too, I know more about the history of France more:) and I love most of all is Normandy and I also know its history WW1 and WW2.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, lidia said:

The history of France is Wonderful, Versailles, Louis X1V and so on and England too, I know more about the history of France more:) and I love most of all is Normandy and I also know its history WW1 and WW2.

England has a lot of wonderful sights,  travelling by boat along the canals and rivers I have got to see some very beautiful sights not accessible by road, My mothers god mother lived in the castle in Santranges, they owned a few castles round there and I was fortunate enough to get a few guided tours, ( not open to the public) . The history behind the castles itself, the people of the castles and the villagers, always fascinate me. 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

:D Yeah, why would Europe ever need laws against racism or homophobia?

Ahh. Another one.

This is my thread about welcome me at the forum. if you don't wish to welcome me you don't need to come here.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

Ah welcome. You might be the first french member I am not sure 

Nah...well maybe...i dunno

I remember a few years back angering someone and the jack ass started shouting angrily in French at me :lol:

Coulda been French Canadian for all i know lol

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

England has a lot of wonderful sights,  travelling by boat along the canals and rivers I have got to see some very beautiful sights not accessible by road, My mothers god mother lived in the castle in Santranges, they owned a few castles round there and I was fortunate enough to get a few guided tours, ( not open to the public) . The history behind the castles itself, the people of the castles and the villagers, always fascinate me. 

It is true here in France each department is different in its specialty. What a wealth in its history like England, I have never yet visited England but I think to go one day.