Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Red light ghost?

Aleksia

Me and my grandma have recently moved into a new apartment and we have lived here for about 2 months. Recently we were both sitting in the living room at night and on the wall we see a tiny red flash of light. Almost as if someone had a laser pointer, but it's more of a flash than a perfect circle. It's lighter at the center and VERY tiny. It doesn't move, it is just a flash of light, it isn't consistent and there is nothing in the living room that would cause a red light to randomly flash on the wall. So that has happened a few times and we kind of brush it off, but suddenly I'm starting to feel like someone is with me at all times. I have been scared and have been sleeping with a lamp on every night because I have been seeing the tiny red lights (they are also white sometimes)

Two nights ago my grandma was laying in bed and she saw the red and white lights again in her room for the first time, they were on her wall. There is nothing in her room that is lit up at night except for her alarm clock which doesn't face the wall and only has green lights on it. She wanted to be sure it wasn't maybe just something wrong with her eyes so she recorded it on her phone and we have a video of these lights. She saw them again in her room last night, on the same wall but a different spot. The weird part is when I sent these videos to MY phone from her phone the red lights do not show up in the video. But they do in her phone. And we have both seen these with our real eyes. I don't feel scared anymore, I don't feel anything evil, I have been researching and researching for answers and it is driving me mad, I just want to understand this

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Aleksia said:

I have been researching and researching for answers 

Have you researched orbs? Is it an older building?

3 hours ago, Aleksia said:

Me and my grandma have recently moved into a new apartment and we have lived here for about 2 months. Recently we were both sitting in the living room at night and on the wall we see a tiny red flash of light. Almost as if someone had a laser pointer, but it's more of a flash than a perfect circle. It's lighter at the center and VERY tiny. It doesn't move, it is just a flash of light, it isn't consistent and there is nothing in the living room that would cause a red light to randomly flash on the wall. So that has happened a few times and we kind of brush it off, but suddenly I'm starting to feel like someone is with me at all times. I have been scared and have been sleeping with a lamp on every night because I have been seeing the tiny red lights (they are also white sometimes)

Two nights ago my grandma was laying in bed and she saw the red and white lights again in her room for the first time, they were on her wall. There is nothing in her room that is lit up at night except for her alarm clock which doesn't face the wall and only has green lights on it. She wanted to be sure it wasn't maybe just something wrong with her eyes so she recorded it on her phone and we have a video of these lights. She saw them again in her room last night, on the same wall but a different spot. The weird part is when I sent these videos to MY phone from her phone the red lights do not show up in the video. But they do in her phone. And we have both seen these with our real eyes. I don't feel scared anymore, I don't feel anything evil, I have been researching and researching for answers and it is driving me mad, I just want to understand this

Sometimes if you have something like a computer with bright colored lights on it they make an imprint on your eye and you can see them on the wall when its dark. I once clearly saw a little red light on the wall. I'm still not 100% sure what it was but I'm pretty sure its a common hallucination for people to have. Its probably unexplained but I wouldn't rule out paranormal outside influences. I noticed from EVP's that when you shift across different recorders that you lose the EVP quality. Maybe paranormal things don't shift across recorders for some reason.

• The title was changed to Red light ghost?
14 hours ago, Aleksia said:

I had a red light experience that I can't really explain. I hope it brings you comfort that I'm sharing. You always want to look at all things possible before jumping to the conclusion of ghosts or spirits. 

I just took a photo of my dog when he looked up and ran from the room. It was daylight. There was an orange red orb that got so bright I couldn't see anything but red. It seemed like a laser light coming  from nowhere. Since I had the camera in hand I took a photo. The photo showed parts of the room that I couldn't see with my eyes anymore. It disappeared when the photo was taken. I found out the camera flash came on when I took the photo to overcome the brightness of the red light. 

I don't know what it was but I'm still not just going to fill in the unknown by saying it was a ghost light or something. 

On July 22, 2017 at 10:56 PM, trevorhbj said:

Sometimes if you have something like a computer with bright colored lights on it they make an imprint on your eye and you can see them on the wall when its dark. I once clearly saw a little red light on the wall. I'm still not 100% sure what it was but I'm pretty sure its a common hallucination for people to have. Its probably unexplained but I wouldn't rule out paranormal outside influences. I noticed from EVP's that when you shift across different recorders that you lose the EVP quality. Maybe paranormal things don't shift across recorders for some reason.

We don't have a computer. Only two laptops, mine is in my room, hers is never on. Also, it showed up on video too. There is literally nothing that could cause that. Also, it isn't a consistent light. It's a ridiculously quick flash of light, it is so quick it was nearly impossible for me to pause the video right on the light. I really dunno what it could be.

On July 22, 2017 at 7:25 PM, papageorge1 said:

Have you researched orbs? Is it an older building?

I have, I've been looking at all possibilities but nothing fits the description of what I have seen. I see people often talking about red lights that they see bouncing around the room but that is not what im seeing at all. Also, its averagely old. I tried to look up when the apartments were built but couldn't find anything, they were definitely built in the 2000's. 

• Like 1

On July 23, 2017 at 10:01 AM, White Unicorn said:

I had a red light experience that I can't really explain. I hope it brings you comfort that I'm sharing. You always want to look at all things possible before jumping to the conclusion of ghosts or spirits. 

I just took a photo of my dog when he looked up and ran from the room. It was daylight. There was an orange red orb that got so bright I couldn't see anything but red. It seemed like a laser light coming  from nowhere. Since I had the camera in hand I took a photo. The photo showed parts of the room that I couldn't see with my eyes anymore. It disappeared when the photo was taken. I found out the camera flash came on when I took the photo to overcome the brightness of the red light. 

I don't know what it was but I'm still not just going to fill in the unknown by saying it was a ghost light or something. 

I really can't find any explanation at all, I saw it with my eyes and on camera. No computers, clocks, or anything that would cause it. It's weird. I don't know for sure what it is, I don't know if it has anything to do with paranormal activity but I can't think of any other explanation.

• Like 1

Aleksia, 

Where abouts do you live?  Any chance your video can be uploaded, even if the video does not show the red light?  I'd be interested in viewing it regardless.  Does the home have any strange history?  I wouldn't lose sleep over it, and sometimes time will pass before the answer will be shown.  Perhaps it is a car light from outside refracting on a window?  ETC..

I think you both are safe as long as nothing else has happened.

Fear is generally the lack of understanding something or the unknown.  If there are no other sights, sounds, smells, touches, etc, then I wouldn't worry about it much.

Sorry I tried to post a photo but it says file size is too large. 

Please ignore.

Edited by White Unicorn

• 3 years later...

I actually seen this story while Googling something I’ve been seeing and created an account to respond. So I live in an old neighborhood with a lot of vacant homes in bad disrepair. Last night I seen a red light exactly like you have talked about in the home across the street. I looked this morning and there is a curtain covering the window this light must have been covering. I was out there again tonight, this time looking and again the same small but bright light for just a short time. No way there is any electricity over there. I posted about it on my FB if you want to check. Very similar.... Greg Papps 

On 7/23/2017 at 11:34 AM, XenoFish said:

We'd like to see this "video".

Indeed.  It's not difficult - you can post it to youtube, or preferably you can put the original file on a file-sharing website.

And don't worry, we can pause it precisely...

20 minutes ago, ChrLzs said:

Indeed.  It's not difficult - you can post it to youtube, or preferably you can put the original file on a file-sharing website.

And don't worry, we can pause it precisely...

4 years since that request. OP hasn't been back in almost as long.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTm4v5OLUI3sKsMJ2C4DeF

• Thanks 1

ooops!  I normally am a little more careful looking at post dates....

• Like 1