Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Choose your gender without a Doctor

seeder

It would be interesting to have a test case in the UK, to test UK law.

Someone gets fired from a job for incompetence or whatever.

They file a case saying it is discrimination because they are Black, White, Transgender, or whatever.

The employer says no they are not, they say, yes, but that is how they feel, and how they feel hasn't been taken into account.

Interesting.

1 hour ago, eugeneonegin said:

She is a wonderfully amusing woman.

She achieved a certain amount of fame as a "Black" activist, quite rightly campaigning against discrimination,and had a state, college, or council position,but achieved even more  fame when her parents revealed she was not, actually, Black. She was white, Caucasian.

But she felt she was Black.

Even she doesn't know why she feels she is Black.

But apparently, how you feel , is how it is.

But her employers felt differently.

She is now currently un-employed as her former employers felt she had misrepresented herself, so she now feels even more discriminated against!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rachel_Dolezal

Inherited Melanin Insufficiency Syndrome

6 hours ago, Golden Duck said:

Inherited Melanin Insufficiency Syndrome

Never hear of that.

This is what Wikipedia has to say:

In a November 2, 2015 interview on The Real, Dolezal publicly acknowledged for the first time since the controversy began that she was born white. She said, "I acknowledge that I was biologically born white to white parents, but I identify as black".[15][16][17]

In a February 2017 interview with The Guardian, Dolezal said that she sees race as a social construct. At Howard, she was introduced to the theory that racial identity had been devised in colonial times as a method of control. She embraced this concept wholeheartedly after her divorce, and decided to "flee from feeling like I had to do things in a way that was acceptable to other people." Soon afterward, she began sunbathing to darken her skin, applying bronzers to maintain the look. She also began wearing her hair in dreadlocks and weaves, and checked the box for "black" or "African American" on employment and medical history forms.[29] According to her adoptive brother, Ezra, Rachel began changing her appearance as early as 2009, when she began using hair products that she'd seen Ezra's biological sister use. She began darkening her skin and perming her hair sometime around 2011. When Ezra moved in with Rachel in 2012, she told him that Spokane-area residents knew her as black, and warned him, "Don't blow my cover." Ezra believed that Rachel was essentially putting on "blackface" by changing her appearance.[88]

Edited by eugeneonegin

Again, I believe that people with real psychological disorders are not getting the help they need because of P.C. mania and worry that we may hurt their feelings. 

In our gender-fluid times, things are getting extremely complicated!

The only way around it is... to be compelled to give both your sex at birth, and the gender you identify as.

I still don't know who uses which bathroom though! :lol:

• Like 2

16 hours ago, seeder said:

NO WAY! not `aving it! 

Looks all a bit masochistic to me, and Hexy and Tibo definitely look like the sado type. This is an insult to dogs and an embarrassment for humans. :huh:  

• Like 1

23 hours ago, FLOMBIE said:

They are already. 

what needs to be done to some humans is what is being to to many animals - castration and hysterectomy, some people just should not be breeding. But this is another subject.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

what needs to be done to some humans is what is being to to many animals - castration and hysterectomy, some people just should not be breeding. But this is another subject.

We've had euthanasia once in my country, and it didn't go too well. 

I'm fine with someone believing he's a dragon inside, unless they don't need my respect and acknowledgement to do so.

Edited by FLOMBIE
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, FLOMBIE said:

We've had euthanasia once in my country, and it didn't go to well. 

I'm fine with someone believing he's a dragon inside, unless he doesn't need my respect and acknowledgement to do so.

This is it though, when the day comes where people are asking to be recognized as dragons, lizards, dogs or puppies, dandelions and oak trees, they will insist on our respect and acknowledgement and you will be told you are a blar-blar-phobic bigot, if you do not oblige to their requests.  

• Like 1

Just now, freetoroam said:

This is it though, when the day comes where people are asking to be recognized as dragons, lizards, dogs or puppies, dandelions and oak trees, they will insist on our respect and acknowledgement and you will be told you are a blar-blar-phobic bigot, if you do not oblige to their requests.  

I just don't take that seriously. What should happen if we just don't care?

5 minutes ago, FLOMBIE said:

I just don't take that seriously. What should happen if we just don't care?

I care for those who are really living in turmoil with their sexuality, but I do not think those who chose to dress as  dogs or cats or grown ups dressing in nappies, care about people who are genuinely living "in the wrong body" and those people I do not care for. Mentally they have a problem, but it is not the same as those who are born in the "wrong body". 

how far is this  all going to go in the future? 

Just now, freetoroam said:

I care for those who are really living in turmoil with their sexuality, but I do not think those who chose to dress as  dogs or cats or grown ups dressing in nappies, care about people who are genuinely living "in the wrong body" and those people I do not care for. Mentally they have a problem, but it is not the same as those who are born in the "wrong body". 

how far is this  all going to go in the future? 

The problem there is, that a lot of people are genuinely convinced they are living in the wrong body, even if their "real" body would be that of a werewolf. Psychologically, that is the same as someone who suffers from body disphoria because of having to live in a body with the wrong body. I know that this is tough to swallow, especially for a few people were advocating or supporting different things, but that is what clinical psychology tells us. And it's not just "guessing", like ExpandMyMind sayd. 

But in the end, neither you nor me have to actively deal with these people, nor will there any laws persecuting it in any case, besides from the laws we already have in place (libel, slander, defamation). 

1 minute ago, BeastieRunner said:

I came in thinking this was a Who thread ... ugh ...

The Who?