Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Seeking Similar Souls

WhiskeyDango

This is my first post here, so I'd like to begin by saying hey to everyone.  Thanks for taking the time to read this.

I'm posting because I'm looking for people like myself.  I've felt very different throughout my life.  I've always known there was something very different about me.  The older I get, the more pronounced that difference becomes; the less able I am to form even basic connections to other people. 

I feel completely alone in this world, and I suspect that others similar to me do as well.  If my story sounds familiar I strongly encourage you to reach out, because again, I know you have to be feeling very alone.

I see the world much differently than most people.  It might sound strange, but it's almost like I see myself as an outside observer would.  I see myself as a part of the big picture; I have a constant awareness of the world, even the Universe.  It seems to me that most people only see themselves.

I have a tremendous amount of compassion, especially for animals.  I love dogs.  I'm deeply disturbed by the suffering of others, and I know there's a tremendous amount of suffering occurring in the world, at any given moment.  I also know there's nothing I can do to stop it all.  It feels like a curse to me, to be so disturbed by something I can't control.

It may sound arrogant, but most people seem like they're asleep to me.  Most people seem very automatic, and mechanical.  Most people lack a certain awareness.  It's that awareness that I'm always looking for.  I've met a few people who've had it, but they're very rare (I'm hoping to find a few of them with this post).

There's something that happens to people when they get together.  This is when people become really automatic.  It's like they lose control of themselves and simply react to other people, and the situations they're in.  Or, they behave according to their conditioning.  But I've never been that way.  Once again, I'm seeing myself almost as an outside observer would, and therefore I'm able to retain my autonomy.

Also, for a long time I've had a feeling that bad things were going to begin happening in the world.  I mean, really bad things.  Where most people are thinking about retirement, and their future lives, something's always told me that, by the time I get to retirement age, the world will be very different--that I shouldn't even bother.

In the last year that feeling has become much stronger in me.  I've felt a tremendous tension in the world.  In the last few weeks, though, I've began feeling what I'd describe as the calm before the storm.  I've felt the tension ease a little, but my feeling is that those bad things I've been predicting aren't far off.

I'm a musician.  I've written and recorded over 100 songs.  Music is my true passion in life, but it also causes me a lot of suffering.  The vast majority of the world doesn't care about original music.  I often wonder why I even bother, though the truth is, I really don't have a choice.  

I've also been involved in some political activism.  I've been publicly attacking a federal agency (with words only) in the small town I live in for some of its corrupt practices.  I won't go into the details, but by now I've definitely put myself at risk.  I'm surprised that nothing has happened to me yet. 

About nine months ago I developed a compulsion to acquire knowledge.  Esoteric knowledge, specifically.  I started reading literature from The New Thought Movement; people like Thomas Troward, Carl Jung, and PD Ouspensky.  I've observed what I'd describe as a "spirit" in Europe in the early 1900s.  Something was starting to happen, but I believe World War 1 brought it to a premature end.  But it speaks to me, very much.  

I've read more in the last nine months than I have my whole entire life.  I exhausted myself reading book after book, trying to make sense of this.  My spiritual understanding, and depth, has greatly increased.  And I understand something now that I didn't before, though I can't describe what that is.  I have an inner knowledge of something, which to be honest, isn't all that helpful.   

Most of all I feel like I don't belong in this world.  I've had that feeling for a long time.  There's an almost constant feeling in me like that of being lost.  Like literally being lost.  Like not being able to find my way.  Sometimes I feel like I'm being punished.

This world feels like The Matrix to me.  I'm not saying that it literally is, but it feels that way to me a lot of the time.  It's like things just aren't adding up.  Like I'm missing something really important, that's right in front of my nose.

I could go on, but I imagine you get the idea.  

So let me conclude by saying, once again, that I'd love to hear from you if you can relate to my story.

Thanks for reading, and all the best.

• Like 4

Hi there, WhiskeyDango :st welcome to UM.

I relate to just about everything you say ...... you could be talking about me! :lol: Do you mind telling me how old you are? If you would like to talk more with me about what you have written, could we do it through PM?  

• Like 2

HI, WhiskeyDango. Welcome aboard. :)

I relate to some of the things you say and it sounds to me just by reading your post that you're a highly sensitive person. 

• Like 1

High sensitivity or high sensotory could indeed be an explanation for how you feel.

Or did you have visions/premonitions as well?

• Like 1