Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Fiancée lost her engagement ring

Scottroberts91

My Fiancée threw her engagement ring in anger into our utility room, we have emptied the entire room and it’s contact but can’t seem to find it. Is there anywhere I haven’t been looking? 

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Scottroberts91

• GlitterRose

• Mr Walker

• Bbeard

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Scottroberts91 said:

My Fiancée threw her engagement ring in anger into our utility room, we have emptied the entire room and it’s contact but can’t seem to find it. Is there anywhere I haven’t been looking? 

Heating vents, under the washer/dryer, down the utility sink? 

Do you have a cat? 

I know if mine gets hold of caps/rings/hair ties...whatever...she'll bat those things around until they are lost forever. If you have a cat, it could be anywhere. 

Edited by ChaosRose

First impression is it's wedged under something that feels like a car tire over smooth concrete. 

After reading next posts, maybe stuck to the bottom of an appliance (washer, dryer, fridge). 

The other thing is, you said you took everything out of the room in your search. Is there a possibility that it's mixed in among items you took out? Could be hiding in a basket of laundry?

• 5 weeks later...

Take a similar sized and weighted object. (but not valuable)  :) Stand in the same place and throw it forcefully in the same direction. Do this a few times while observing carefully  where it ends up.  Narrow down your search using this method.

Got any bags hanging off doors with things in them?  Rings have a surprising propensity to bounce quite high.  No old shoes or boots in which it could be stuck? 

Edited by Mr Walker