Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Any explanation will do

Whoopdeedoo

A beautiful sun rise.......calm,peace.....

picture of a beach posted on the ghosts section?  No explanation??  May as well close the thread

Meh, let's give it a chance to see if the OP comes back or not to to expand further.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, rashore said:

Meh, let's give it a chance to see if the OP comes back or not to to expand further.

Aha!   Just noticed a clue in the title

Any explanation will do

Second person from the right

So thats cryptic, second person from the right...what about them...exactly?

1 minute ago, acute said:

The second person from the right appears to have an 'aura'.

You need to polish your glasses acute!  Or take some of the shine off of them

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, acute said:

The second person from the right appears to have an 'aura'.

I can see a lighter margin around the figure too, but not sure I would call it an aura.  There is a slightly less pronounced one around the first person on the right.  I assume it is a trick of the light or the way the camera is recording it.  As they say, nothing to see here, move along.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Susanc241 said:

I can see a lighter margin around the figure too, but not sure I would call it an aura.  There is a slightly less pronounced one around the first person on the right.  I assume it is a trick of the light or the way the camera is recording it.  As they say, nothing to see here, move along.

I'm not sure what else to call a glow surrounding a person!

I can't see a second 'aura' though.

it's the ghost of churchill!

he's back because of that dunkirk movie, see.

I just saw a glow, aura, mist, smoke or whatever the correct word is surrounding the second person from the right. Next time I will wait for someone covered by a sheet, but still ask for any explanation,,, real or spooky. Those who don't see anything or want to move on to more worthwhile stuff, you have my blessing. Because as you say, there's nothing to see here. But I would appreciate anyone explaining the meaning of "unexplained" to me so as to not waste your time in the future. 

4 hours ago, Whoopdeedoo said:

Wtf.jpg

1 hour ago, Whoopdeedoo said:

I just saw a glow, aura, mist, smoke or whatever the correct word is surrounding the second person from the right. Next time I will wait for someone covered by a sheet, but still ask for any explanation,,, real or spooky. Those who don't see anything or want to move on to more worthwhile stuff, you have my blessing. Because as you say, there's nothing to see here. But I would appreciate anyone explaining the meaning of "unexplained" to me so as to not waste your time in the future. 

Well, it would have been nice if you had prefaced the pic with something like "I think there's something odd about the second guy from the right.". You left it pretty wide open by just saying " Any explanation will do, Second person from the right". You left your reason for posting unexplained.

So now we know, thank you for coming back to expand upon your op :tu:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Whoopdeedoo said:

but still ask for any explanation,,, real or spooky.

Hi, welcome to UM.

It's most definitely just some kind of optical phenomena caused by the camera. For whatever reason it's much more pronounced around that person. 

Can you please post the EXIF data from the image? If you don't know how, a quick Google can tell you. 

• Like 1

The image is a very odd size / aspect ratio - have you cropped it from an original?  Can you post the original?

Assuming it is not edited, my first thought was that it might be just a brightly lit cloud or a 'sun dog' (look it up if you don't know!) that was out of shot at upper right.  I'm still leaning to that.

It could also be a lens flare - there seem to be a couple of other areas affected by lens issues eg near the first and third standing figures from the right.  When you shoot into the sun like this, all sorts of reflections/refractions can cause all sorts of weird effects.  However, the fact the silhouetted figure itself seems pretty dark suggests it *isn't* a lens flare... that also suggests it *isn't* an aura, unless aura's are entirely 2 dimensional...

Sorry, but the quality of the image isn't good enough to be sure.

• Like 1

Explanation? Sure. An over-active imagination, because that's what it takes to see anything extraordinary in that photograph.

• Like 1

ChrLzs... 

I appreciate your comments and I did in fact resize my original photo size from 473kb because the site informed me the original was too large to upload.  

23 hours ago, Whoopdeedoo said:

Wtf.jpg

Although I am heavily interested in the paranormal, and have experienced many different things, I also have dabbled in photography from time to time, and I feel ChrLzs made a good point. I think that the particular individual, (with the aura) happens to also be one who is closest to the water, so the water itself envelopes the individual within the picture. I wouldn't be surprised that there is a particular lense flare or the camera is picking up light reflection of the water around the individual. 

I also happen to noticed the first person from the left, has some form of aura just around their legs. I feel, same thing, it seems to be a lens flare. I remember when attending a wedding that was held at a beach and taking photos of people with the ocean behind them and the setting sun, (in fact, the time of day and situation mirrors the one in this picture) I kept getting 'auras', lens flares, and other such blurry blotches in front of the subjects I was trying to take pictures off. What I am seeing in this pictures matches the same things I had in my wedding ones. 

Edited by Stubbly_Dooright
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Whoopdeedoo said:

Thank you Stubbly. Very much appreciated.  

You're welcome. 

by the way, I love your nick. It makes me smile. 

5 minutes ago, Stubbly_Dooright said:

You're welcome. 

by the way, I love your nick. It makes me smile. 

I can still hear Archie Bunker saying it.

• Like 1

On ‎23‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 5:01 PM, Whoopdeedoo said:

Wtf.jpg

The reflection of the sun on the sea make the aura ?

Hello Whoopdeedoo,

Can you specify if this image has been edited?  Where did you get this photo from?  Did you take it yourself?

According to my software, this picture has been edited.. See below:

*** Searching Compression Signatures ***

Signature:           0182408A81A4ABF04D4A34A8A5E98C58
  Signature (Rotated): 012D821C6AB210E2A753BE053B8F55D0
  File Offset:         0 bytes
  Chroma subsampling:  2x2
  EXIF Make/Model:     NONE
  EXIF Makernotes:     NONE
  EXIF Software:       NONE

Searching Compression Signatures: (3347 built-in, 0 user(*) )

EXIF.Make / Software        EXIF.Model                            Quality           Subsamp Match?
          -------------------------   -----------------------------------   ----------------  --------------
     CAM:[SONY                     ] [CYBERSHOT U         ]         [                         ]   Yes              
     SW :[Adobe Photoshop 7.0      ]                                       [Save As 07      ]                  
     SW :[Apple Quicktime              ]                                       [0466-0467       ]                  
     SW :[Digital Photo Professiona]                                       [05                    ]                  
     SW :[IJG Library                       ]                                       [075                  ]                  
     SW :[MS Paint                          ]                                       [                        ]                  
     SW :[MS Visio                          ]                                       [                        ]                  
     SW :[ZoomBrowser EX            ]                                       [low                  ]                  

The following IJG-based editors also match this signature:
     SW :[GIMP                                  ]                                       [075             ]                  
     SW :[IrfanView                            ]                                       [075             ]                  
     SW :[idImager                             ]                                       [075             ]                  
     SW :[FastStone Image Viewer   ]                                       [075             ]                  
     SW :[NeatImage                         ]                                       [075             ]                  
     SW :[Paint.NET                          ]                                       [075             ]                  
     SW :[Photomatix                        ]                                       [075             ]                  
     SW :[XnView                              ]                                       [075             ]                  

NOTE: JFIF COMMENT field is known software
  Based on the analysis of compression characteristics and EXIF metadata:

ASSESSMENT: Class 1 - Image is processed/edited