Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Want to start communicating with Spirits.

MichaelY

Good evening all,

I'm new to this forum so I'm hoping you guys would be able to give any help with my question and give me some advice.

I'm 18 years old living in England and believe in the paranormal very strongly. After my Grandad passed away last year I have been wanting to communicate with him and my grandmother who died when I was about Six years old.

I feel like my grandparents are with me still and other spirits also but I fail to communicate with them. Which is why I'm posting this!

I understand communication with the paranormal is no game and know their is risks to it if not done correctly (Which is why I refuse to use a Ouija board) 

I was just hoping with some advice from investigators and forum users alike I would be able to get some advice on how to start out and ways to communicate with the paranormal. I'd like to get back in touch with my Grandparents and begin my journey.

Thank you for reading!

Edited by MichaelY
Extra Info.

You could look into something called a "ghost box". You could use it during a seance, instructions here:http://www.wikihow.com/Talk-to-the-Dead. There is someone on youtube that builds/sells ghost boxes, he also made some kind of computer software and demonstrates them on youtube along with instructions how to build one yourself. I forget his name but you should come across it during a google search.

However keep in mind that for most people, it's reported that it takes a long time, it's something you have to do periodically. The guy I mentioned above said it took him a few years before he was able to get the results he does now. The Scole Experiment mentioned it took a year using well known/credited mediums before they got any of the results they were looking for.

However I would encourage you to tone down firm beliefs, just keep an open mind rather than actually set a firm belief for which it sounds like you already have. Try to introduce some skepticism but rather than use any incident to dismiss or affirm, it's beneficial to research science and theoretical topics concerning  neurology along with understanding the different types of hallucinations, particle physics, Theoretical physics too can be somewhat helpful. Also environmental science in particular that relating to how an environment can impact our senses such as gases..etc. This is what I've been doing a lot of, making sure I understand the science and theoretics of our world which helps a lot in making sure any theories concerning the paranormal are not just based on things I don't know but assume because it seems logical or whatever the case. Our senses have evolved to be acute, to literally save our lives first and foremost, therefore they are often quite accurate but at the same time sensitive enough to be fooled if we aren't careful of knowing how first.

It's important to have a clear understanding of our biology and our real world first before trying to observe another. Traverse lightly when researching ghosts online as most of it is either copy/paste or simply created for the sake of revenue or just the desire to tell a scary story. Good Luck, let us know if you learn anything.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NightScreams said:

You could look into something called a "ghost box". You could use it during a seance, instructions here:http://www.wikihow.com/Talk-to-the-Dead. There is someone on youtube that builds/sells ghost boxes, he also made some kind of computer software and demonstrates them on youtube along with instructions how to build one yourself. I forget his name but you should come across it during a google search.

However keep in mind that for most people, it's reported that it takes a long time, it's something you have to do periodically. The guy I mentioned above said it took him a few years before he was able to get the results he does now. The Scole Experiment mentioned it took a year using well known/credited mediums before they got any of the results they were looking for.

However I would encourage you to tone down firm beliefs, just keep an open mind rather than actually set a firm belief for which it sounds like you already have. Try to introduce some skepticism but rather than use any incident to dismiss or affirm, it's beneficial to research science and theoretical topics concerning  neurology along with understanding the different types of hallucinations, particle physics, Theoretical physics too can be somewhat helpful. Also environmental science in particular that relating to how an environment can impact our senses such as gases..etc. This is what I've been doing a lot of, making sure I understand the science and theoretics of our world which helps a lot in making sure any theories concerning the paranormal are not just based on things I don't know but assume because it seems logical or whatever the case. Our senses have evolved to be acute, to literally save our lives first and foremost, therefore they are often quite accurate but at the same time sensitive enough to be fooled if we aren't careful of knowing how first.

It's important to have a clear understanding of our biology and our real world first before trying to observe another. Traverse lightly when researching ghosts online as most of it is either copy/paste or simply created for the sake of revenue or just the desire to tell a scary story. Good Luck, let us know if you learn anything.

I was thinking of a more simple preferably free way of communicating with spirits. I will be interested in a ghost box when I can happily afford one and also looking into a Franks box I believe its called as good results usually come from what I've seen. I understand time is a big factor when It comes to communication with spirits and I will make sure I do be patient. I will more then likely take part in investigations at certain locations also. The furthest I've gotten to doing anything like that is a ghost walk of stories of a nearby town and locations of hauntings. I feel comfortable in making it a learning experience as I go along. Always room for improvement!

Thanks for the reply :)

1 hour ago, MichaelY said:

Good evening all,

I'm new to this forum so I'm hoping you guys would be able to give any help with my question and give me some advice.

I'm 18 years old living in England and believe in the paranormal very strongly. After my Grandad passed away last year I have been wanting to communicate with him and my grandmother who died when I was about Six years old.

I feel like my grandparents are with me still and other spirits also but I fail to communicate with them. Which is why I'm posting this!

I understand communication with the paranormal is no game and know their is risks to it if not done correctly (Which is why I refuse to use a Ouija board) 

I was just hoping with some advice from investigators and forum users alike I would be able to get some advice on how to start out and ways to communicate with the paranormal. I'd like to get back in touch with my Grandparents and begin my journey.

Thank you for reading!

Welcome to UM, MichaelY.  Condolences on the loss of your granddad.  I have no advice on trying to communicate with spirits or the dead but I have something that might explain WHY I choose not to do it.  Best wishes  http://www.bibleinfo.com/en/questions/what-does-god-say-about-channeling-and-mediums

• Like 1

Well for free, the Indians used to fast for several days while meditating to speak to their dead relatives. You should look into ancient practices for various cultures on how they achieve such communication. Some I believe used substances that are probably illegal but you may find some practices worth a look into. They certainly had the time to experiment and get it right so it might prove valuable.

Welcome MichaelY.  I think in general, those who have passed do not look back. If you feel it, express your love for your grandparents. You don't need intermediaries mechanical or human to feel connected to them, and remember and feel the connection they had for you.  I wish you luck and comfort. I send my good wishes and empathy.  I have lost both my parents now,  yet this is a path I have not pursued. so cannot offer advice.

• Like 1

I can't say if anything works but.... some various things folks have used that aren't ouija boards.

Automatic writing. It sometimes comes with the "be careful what you invite in" sorts of warnings. Pendulums with an alphabet wheel. Some arguments about if that's as bad as a ouija or not. Fire reading- this is when people use a candle and watch the flickering. More fore yes/no kinds of questions. Smoke reading is even more obscure, you look script or yes/no responses in the smoke of an incense stick. Some folks do old school seances.

Some folks make their own spirit boxes with cheap radios that can sometimes be found in resale shops for super cheap. Instructions to do it are all over. Folks have used crystal radios too. Occasionally lightning globes. Straight up EVP recording. Of course a lot of expensive stuff too. Don't bother with ghost apps.

3 hours ago, MichaelY said:

Good evening all,

Thank you for reading!

It is very difficult for the average person to get direct communication from a spirit. You might need to try a genuine medium. 

Edited by papageorge1

2 hours ago, and then said:

Welcome to UM, MichaelY.  Condolences on the loss of your granddad.  I have no advice on trying to communicate with spirits or the dead but I have something that might explain WHY I choose not to do it.  Best wishes  http://www.bibleinfo.com/en/questions/what-does-god-say-about-channeling-and-mediums

Thanks for the condolences and the welcome. Much appreciated :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

Welcome MichaelY.  I think in general, those who have passed do not look back. If you feel it, express your love for your grandparents. You don't need intermediaries mechanical or human to feel connected to them, and remember and feel the connection they had for you.  I wish you luck and comfort. I send my good wishes and empathy.  I have lost both my parents now,  yet this is a path I have not pursued. so cannot offer advice.

I do know they are still around. I'm just interested in communicating with them more. It'd make myself more comfortable. Thanks for the welcome :) Also condolences to you for your parents. May they fly high.

26 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

It is very difficult for the average person to get direct communication from a spirit. You might need to try a genuine medium. 

Possibly. I was hoping just to find some methods that may work. If I ever get the opportunity I'll think about taking it.

2 hours ago, rashore said:

I can't say if anything works but.... some various things folks have used that aren't ouija boards.

Automatic writing. It sometimes comes with the "be careful what you invite in" sorts of warnings. Pendulums with an alphabet wheel. Some arguments about if that's as bad as a ouija or not. Fire reading- this is when people use a candle and watch the flickering. More fore yes/no kinds of questions. Smoke reading is even more obscure, you look script or yes/no responses in the smoke of an incense stick. Some folks do old school seances.

Some folks make their own spirit boxes with cheap radios that can sometimes be found in resale shops for super cheap. Instructions to do it are all over. Folks have used crystal radios too. Occasionally lightning globes. Straight up EVP recording. Of course a lot of expensive stuff too. Don't bother with ghost apps.

Thanks for the methods. As much as I know about the debate with Ouija boards I'd prefer not to try them just to be on the safe side. I don't bother with ghost apps at all because I know their all phony. I'll look into EVP and other methods you've mentioned.

Hi there! 

I know exactly how you feel, I'm 19 from England, and recently I have decided to open myself up more spiritually, and start to understand the paranormal. I'm going to practice seances, Tarot and other. I felt the same way about using a Ouija Board until recently, throughout extensive research, they aren't as bad as people may think. Coming into contact with bad spirits can be avoided, do not use the board when in  bad mind space, depressed, low, sad, or jealous. I personally have depression, I have done for many years so i understood the bad that could come into contact with me. Ask the spirit when you meet them if they are good or bad, evil or kind ect, if they are a bad spirit, you can talk to them, ask them if they are mad at you, and tell them kindly you are going to say goodbye and you wish them peace. I had a homemade Ouija made for me by my partner, as they are seen to be more stronger as they are personal, also use a candle, if the flickering is going mad, they are channeling something so what what you do. DO NOT use a ouija on yourself, this will make you very vulnerable. But do not be scared of the board, you are in a lot of control, say goodbye before, and wish all spirits peace. If you come across "MAMA/ZOZO" be very wary, if someone says they are your "MAMA" it is not, wish them peace and say goodbye. Luckily my first time using the board, I was able to talk to my Farther who passed away last month. I hope everything goes well for you! :)