Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Sell it to me.

XenoFish

22 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

NO i would tell my students, when they asked how i got from one side of the school to another in a thunderstorm  without getting wet that his was down to my ninja skills.   I didn't tell them how i really did it and i am not telling anyone here :) 

Despite BTEs denials, a strike within a kata movement is referred to as a kata strike.  He just doesn't like being proven wrong. :) 

No ... this is a classic example of you twisting things back to some  one else ... other than you being able to simply admit you were wrong as you tried to bluff about knowing martial arts .. and yet again, I busted you, as I actually have skills and learning in  many of the areas  that you try to claim for yourself on the internet   :) 

Kata ( or  literally: "form"), a Japanese word, are detailed choreographed patterns of movements practiced either solo or in pairs. The term form is used for the corresponding concept in non-Japanese martial arts in general.[1]

Wiki 

Note   "Movements'  - plural . 

One part of a Kata   is a 'technique '      a single technique is NOT a kata ... even little kid white belts know that :) 

kata is that of a karate practitioner performing a series of punches and kicks in the air. The kata are executed as a specified series of approximately 20 to 70 moves, generally with stepping and turning, while attempting to maintain perfect form. There are perhaps 100 kata across the various forms of karate, each with many minor variations. The number of moves in a kata may be referred to in the name of the kata, e.g., Gojū Shiho, which means "54 steps."  

THis is what Walker is claiming as a kata ;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karate_techniques

.. and every single real practioner I have  told what walker said ; "I Would do a kata on their nose ."  Burst out laughing , even the kids ! 

Thats like saying  ..... I will do a dance on your arm ... or I will do ballet on your ear   .  

But my Walker  (who bought me up to criticise me totally out of the blue with no input from me at all   )   is  perfectly welcome to  prove he is right 

by posting some evidence about it  ! 

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Well just to be on the safe side I did a quick look and this is what I found, take yer pick.;)

https://www.google.ca/search?q=kata+strike&rlz=1C1CHZL_enCA701CA701&oq=kata+strike&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l5.9336j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

jmccr8

Well of course !  Walker learned martial arts from  

World of  Warcraft 

or ... home on the farm 

Image result for karate lol gif

• Like 4

1 minute ago, back to earth said:

Well of course !  Walker learned martial arts from  

World of  Warcraft 

or ... home on the farm 

Image result for karate lol gif

:lol::lol::lol: Good thing it wasn't a goose :w00t:

jmccr8

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, back to earth said:

not just a triboobie ... a triboobie  spacewoman  .... he met her on his travels through the Universe that he takes   :)  

@ 1:50 

See what i mean.

Either through poor reading /comprehension skills or as a deliberate tactic you have confused /conflated two completely different stories

First one about controlled lucid dreaming where i would create and live within dreamscapes of my choice every night  I still do this.

In this i constructed a triple breasted amazon space alien as a companion . why?  well because what other companion  would a young teenage, straight guy, create  for his dream world  if he could?  

I still think it is just jealousy which upsets you  here. :) 

The second story is of a different thing altogether.The  possible projection of consciousness from my body, out into space and across the universe.

I have always explained that this abilty can only be known to be objective reality where it can be proven with evidences . I have sufficient evidences to know that I actually travelled out into my neighbourhood, around the world to many places, and eventually after years of effort,  through most of the solar system. I know the latter only  thanks to modern spacecraft confirming my discoveries, but it is impossible yet to confirm the existence of a star gate just outside the solar system connecting us to a galaxy wide system of communication and transport,  OR the life forms on other planets which i met and lived with  during those travels

I met many interesting self aware aliens on my travels from all sorts of technological levels  but no female triple breasted amazons  as it happens.  They included heavy gravity beings, ones who rode the skies like huge mats    Some had light ships, others used matter transmission.  . Some were carbon based, others silca,while    others were androids

ive travelled on generation ships   fast needle ships,  and slow   light sail ships.

Ive even ridden and fought on huge dragon like creatures carrying crews of a  20 or so and armed with both light and heavy weapons for long distance and close quarter combat.   Imagination or reality?  Only time will tell.  

You see i dont mind you  re- telling my stories if you tell them true, and include the contexts and evidences i provided in,my original telling. .

Ps i grew up in the fifties and ealry sixties  I leaned my martial arts  from reading and practice like people learned everything back then.     Theory and all the mystic background wasn't the point. it was learning how to protect myself  effectively   It was the same reason I Learned how to make, and use proficiently, a wide range of weapons.  In the end i ;learned something more important than either martial arts or weapons use.

KNOW that you  can protect yourself and you will never have to. Some how the confidence you  carry with you  (body language movement appearance etc. translates into a quality which stops others picking on you The last time i was attacked or bullied I was about 14  where i was physically attacked by two much larger classmates    After i developed the abilty to defend myself using either my body or a range of weapons, i never had to .

My training never including harming animals except for a few feral animals . :)   which we hunted.

it included general fitness eg running ( i was the third fastest runner in my  year group (about 100 students)  aged 15 despite being the smallest and a year younger than the rest It also included swimming and  skin diving ( i earned royal life saving medals aged 14 and 15)  as well as a wide range of exercises involved in many sporting forms   It included going down the beach every night after school  and picking up the heaviest rocks i could carry and then throwing them as far as i could,    isometric exercises around the home to build up muscle strength   Learning and practising  different skills from boxing and judo  and other martial arts   I also toughened up my hands and fingers with regular exercise so i could break bricks etc  This was actually easy although, maybe because i had to earn it by myslef, i did once break a,little finger which remains crooked to this day.    Other elements i was already involved with included controlling mind and body, breathing  pulse rate, adrenalin etc .   

Edited by Mr Walker

31 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

Look ... when you make something up and then tyoe those words into a search engine ... you might get a book with those two words in it .     :D 

yes that book takes about strikes  within a kata .  so what ? 

You are backpeddling furiously , you are even trying to deny what you said and changing "I would do a kata on their nose "  to  some idea about a 'kata strike' 

You own reference  does not show anything ... mine is from classic and general sources  that actually explains things ... not some silly google search for a book that had the words kata  in it and then later  kata strike  ... its also given away by the text highlighting the words you typed in to do the search   :D  

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

See what i mean.

Either through poor reading /comprehension skills or as a deliberate tactic you have confused /conflated two completely different stories

First one about controlled lucid dreaming where i would create and live within dreamscapes of my choice every night  I still do this.

In this i constructed a triple breasted amazon space alien as a companion . why?  well because what other companion  would a young teenage, straight guy, create  for his dream world  if he could?  

I still think it is just jealousy which upsets you  here. :) 

The second story is of a different thing altogether.The  possible projection of consciousness from my body, out into space and across the universe.

I have always explained that this abilty can only be known to be objective reality where it can be proven with evidences . I have sufficient evidences to know that I actually travelled out into my neighbourhood, around the world to many places, and eventually after years of effort,  through most of the solar system. I know the latter only  thanks to modern spacecraft confirming my discoveries, but it is impossible yet to confirm the existence of a star gate just outside the solar system connecting us to a galaxy wide system of communication and transport,  OR the life forms on other planets which i met and lived with  during those travels

I met many interesting self aware aliens on my travels from all sorts of technological levels  but no female triple breasted amazons  as it happens.  They included heavy gravity beings, ones who rode the skies like huge mats    Some had light ships, others used matter transmission.  . Some were carbon based, others silca,while    others were androids

ive travelled on generation ships   fast needle ships,  and slow   light sail ships.

Ive even ridden and fought on huge dragon like creatures carrying crews of a  20 or so and armed with both light and heavy weapons for long distance and close quarter combat.   Imagination or reality?  Only time will tell.  

You see i dont mind you  re- telling my stories if you tell them true, and include the contexts and evidences i provided in,my original telling. . 

Well ... you just proved yourself that we dont need to exagerate anything you claim !     :D  

As far as evidence you provide ...   we just saw that above   in your  'kata technique'  attempted google search    < snicker > 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, back to earth said:

Look ... when you make something up and then tyoe those words into a search engine ... you might get a book with those two words in it .     :D 

yes that book takes about strikes  within a kata .  so what ? 

You are backpeddling furiously , you are even trying to deny what you said and changing "I would do a kata on their nose "  to  some idea about a 'kata strike' 

You own reference  does not show anything ... mine is from classic and general sources  that actually explains things ... not some silly google search for a book that had the words kata  in it and then later  kata strike  ... its also given away by the text highlighting the words you typed in to do the search   :D  

No it is you  who is either lying or  mistaken. i used the term "kata strike"  You insisted there was no such thing and thus i had no knowledge of martial arts,   yet time and time again the  literature proves me right and you wrong.

Get over it.   This is what you do and i suspect you do it deliberately to attack and put people down   I Am NOT an expert on the theory of martial arts but i AM well read.  I used the term "kata strike"   You said there was no such thing.  

As it happens,  actually, i just used a couple of the sources  jmcr8  provided to me in his post.    i didnt do any search at all. 

I am not going to go over this ground again,  but everytime i find you lying about me.  or misrepresenting anything i say, i will correct you, until, people come to realise your true nature.   

Edited by Mr Walker

14 minutes ago, back to earth said:

Well ... you just proved yourself that we dont need to exagerate anything you claim !     :D  

As far as evidence you provide ...   we just saw that above   in your  'kata technique'  attempted google search    < snicker > 

You read what you chose to read into words,  and understand nothing.   Like i saidm i am happy for you to accurately quote anything I write, as long as you use it with correct context and accurately,. and do not misinterpret it or put your own interpretation over what i actually said.    

Edited by Mr Walker

15 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

No it is you  who is either lying or  mistaken. i used the term "kata strike"  You insisted there was no such thing and thus i had no knowledge of martial arts,   yet time and time again the  literature proves me right and you wrong.

NOPE !   You said   ' I would do a kata on their nose '      !  

Get over it.   This is what you do and i suspect you do it deliberately to attack and put people down   I Am NOT an expert on the theory of martial arts but i AM well read.  I used the term "kata strike"   You said there was no such thing.  

Backpeddle !  

As it happens,  actually, i just used a couple of the sources  jmcr8  provided to me in his post.    i didnt do any search at all. 

I am not going to go over this ground again,  but everytime i find you lying about me.  or misrepresenting anything i say, i will correct you, until, people come to realise your true nature.   

NO, its you that are trying this on and it is really silly 

If you had originally just said " Oh ... I meant I would do a strike from a kata on their nose "  all this would never have happened. 

But you just cant ...  cant you  ?      Cant admit to even a simple misspeak, or even a typo ... you could have even claimed ; "whoops typo ' and the issue would have finished . 

But ... since you are NEVER wrong  ......   :rolleyes:

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

You read what you chose to read into words,  and understand nothing.  

I understood how lame your 'proof' was   and so does anyone else that realises two random words cited in one text does not make a reference to what you were claiming  . 

Now,  since it was you that decided to bring me up and try to say how wrong I was ... I suggest you now leave this alone and go back to trying to ignore me . 

• Like 2

Can't make this any clearer. If you want to discuss martial arts terms. Go to the correct thread.

If you want to continue bickering over who's the MOST right. Find somewhere that is NOT here.

No more gentle warnings.

• Like 3