Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Will things turn out OK?

jinxed

Hi,

There are some things that have me worried at the moment:

- Last year I got a job, after being unemployed for five years. Unfortunately contract will end at the end of this year, though there will be a chance I can stay. I am worried that I will be unemployed for a long time again. Are the things I want to do the right ones to focus on?

- I am playing with the idea of becoming self-employed, but it scares me.

- I still live at my mothers, and would love a place on my own. A bit scared about leaving mom behind on her own though.

- Would love more friends and a boyfriend, but not sure I am down on the right path there.

Will things turn out OK?

My father would say, always keep you eyes on jobs available in you field even when you are employed. Especially now that your contract is about to end. If you get another offer, you will be able to negotiate a better deal even if you keep the same employer. Or you may even find a permanent job.

I would prepare the paper work to become self employed for next time you are out of contract. If you are unemployed anyway, you can't be worst off. If you know people who are self-employed (uncles/aunts, neighbor, collegues, etc.), I would suggest to ask them how they do it, what you need to be careful about. It may not keep you employed full time, but a contract here and there done on evenings or week-ends, could be a finance saver.

I live a few house away from my mom, close enough to help her or go there for a random talk, without her being in everything I do in my daily live.

As for friends, be open to new encounter. For boyfriend, ask your friends if they know single males, as long as they are datable that is.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, jinxed said:

Will things turn out OK?

Welcome friend,  You have the largest part in that equation.    I am old, male, and it has been 50 years since I faced that situation, but some things are still the same.  So from my male, engineering, solve problems perspective, here are my thoughts and aphorisms.

Is you chosen career marketable?  Is it easy or hard to find contracts?   The best time to find work is when you have it.  Look for new situations while you are employed, it looks better on a resume to be working than be unemployed.  Is self employment in your field on in another?  Can you develop it while still working?

Here is something I have discovered about human nature, you appear more valuable when you are desirable.  That is true of jobs and partners. You demonstrate your desirability to employers by being employed. You demonstrate your desirability to partners by being independent, happy, and having something to offer.  Desperate employees and desperate partners set off alarm bells, "Must be something wrong with this person."

For the last 3 years, I have been commuting to a job because my father-in-law is in a care facility near our home.  My job near home ended and I had to search for another. I bought a very small car and make enough money to handle the 150 mile round trip.  I am also gone from home for 13 hours a day with work and commute, but with family ties, you can take those things on and make a good life.

As a parent and as a child, I would say find things you like to do.  Find things your mom likes to do.  Go out, take her out with you sometimes.  Network with people in your profession or in your workplace.  Join online professional groups like linkdin, make contacts.  Do the things you like to do and meet people that share your interests.

• Like 1

Folks, keep in mind that this section of the boards is intended for the giving and receiving of psychic readings and as such we ask that members restrict unrelated comments or skeptic vs believer style discussions on the topic of psychic abilities to other areas of UM.

I pulled a rune for you jinxed. I don't try to interpret runes, that's between the rune and you. Runes are more guides than answers. I give the full meanin of a rune regardless of which way it's pulled.

What I pulled for you was Laguz Reversed.

Laguz
Unseen powers are active here, powers that nourish, shape and connect. The attributes of this Rune are
water, fluidity, the ebb and flow of emotions, of vocations and relationships. Laguz supports your
desire to immerse yourself in the experience of living without having to evaluate or understand. It
speaks to the satisfaction of emotional needs, to the awakening of the intuitive or lunar side of your
nature. For while the sun strives for differentiation, the moon draws us toward union and merging.
This Rune often signals a time for cleansing: for revaluing, reorganizing, realigning. A Rune of deep
knowing, Laguz may call you to study spiritual matters in readiness for self-transformation. Success
now lies in contacting your Intuitive Knowing, in attuning to your own rhythms. A Rune of the self
relating rightly to the Self, Laguz signifies what alchemists called the conjunctio, or sacred marriage.
In fairy tales, it is the end where the hero and heroine live happily ever after.
Reversed
A warning against overreach, excessive striving; a counsel against trying to exceed your
own strength or operate beyond the power you have funded to date in your life.
Laguz Reversed often indicates a failure to draw upon the wisdom of instinct. As a result, the intuitive
side of your nature may be languishing, leaving you out of balance. What is called for now is to go
within, to honour the receptive side of your Warrior nature.

Sorry, I didn't realise we were in this section of the forum, I spot the thread in the recent topic box. I might as well be useful and dust my old tarot. I'll do a simple cross drawing using only the major arcana. Be warned, my tarot is quite the cynical one (or maybe it's just me ... :blush:).

For: le pendu / the hanged man
Against: le mat / the fool
Judge: le diable / the devil
Conclusion: la papesse / the popesse
Summary: la force / the strength

Your are advantaged the status quo, it may be that your contract will be renewed or it may be that you should just stay with your mom and don't get a boyfriend. But on the other side, you should be tempted by new opportunities which will turn out to be no improvement. Temptations and lust is what will tip the scale. In the end, something you don't know yet will be important. Overall you need to be strong and force things to get your way.

Edited by Gingitsune

Thank you everyone for replying :).

Rationally I know the first responses are right, and I do know that stuff myself as well. But yeah, anxiety sometimes makes you less rational :).

@rashore interesting rune results. I understand the explanation of Reserved. And I would say I am indeed prone to punch above my weight. The Laguz part is something I don't understand quite well. Is that about instinct? Since the combination of Laguz Reserved talks warns about losing touch with instinct.

@Gingitsune the temptation and lust: in which way is that meant? 

But on the other side, you should be tempted by new opportunities which will turn out to be no improvement.

Seems a bit " you're screwed anyway" :P

Overall you need to be strong and force things to get your way

To take iniative more? To have more belief/faith in myself? To dare more?

8 hours ago, jinxed said:

@Gingitsune the temptation and lust: in which way is that meant? 

Seems a bit " you're screwed anyway" :P

To take iniative more? To have more belief/faith in myself? To dare more?

Temptation could be a prospect boyfriend which look gorgeous, but has obvious flaws. Don't fall for it, the flaws will ruin it in the end. As for job, it will probably have a better salary with obvious draw back, don't fall for it either, the draw back will make it worst that the other choices. The danger here is to be a fool and get draw by the some shiny opportunities which are just fool's gold. The status quo is good for you, don't move out of it too fast, so the becoming self-employed could be a mistake at this point (although I would still take information about this option).

You are not screwed anyway, status quo is good. You'll probably get your contract renewal, or if not, a similar job. The tarot don't see ruin coming or anything like that. ^_~ Unless you become a fool and fall for the devil's tricks.

As for the strength, know what you want and be firm about it. It's not about faith in yourself, that would be the sun or the world, the strength is to stand you position, take initiative, send résumé to places you wouldn't normally dare. Be bold and ambitious, don't take opportunities if they are under your standards.

So basically, for job, if you get a contract renewal, take it. If you don't, chose your next job carefully, don't settle for less. But anyway, be bold and send résumé before your out of job.

Check the procedure for becoming self-employed, but don't jump head first. Be bold to find contracts, but keep your employed job for now.

For moving out of your mother's house, take your time to check carefully what are the other options, there's no point in getting in worst conditions by taking anything just for the sake of it. Set your needs and don't take anything that doesn't fit all the criteria. 

As for boyfriends, don't take any guy, chose them carefully. Be bold, don't pretend you are not good enough for a guy, try it. It may not work out, but at least you will have the right attitude to make it work. Same for friends.

Edited by Gingitsune

Ah, I see! Thank you for clearing it up. Basically the tarot reinforces what I was doing before I got this job and what I plan to do when searching again: sending out resumes to interesting places. And when going to interviews thinking about how the place, people and what is told about the job make me feel. I came back a lot times from an interview going "meh". When I went to the interview for the job I later got: it was a good feeling. I felt the people I talked with were on the same level/page as me and that we think the same about a lot of things. I felt comfortable and feeling like: "yeah, I could really see me working here".

I know what I what I like to do and want to do, so I will definitely hold on to that.

And yeah, I won´t take any guy. I pretty much know what I want in a relationship and from a partner. I don´t care much about looks. It´s mainly about shared beliefs and interests. And respect and understanding.

• Like 1

So indeed, status quo will do you good.

Edit: I just remembered, the hanged man use to be... the prudence, you can also interpret the 12th card as prudence. So prudence is on your side, don't take rash move just yet.

Edited by Gingitsune

I say what I said before it got deleted. Things will be okay if you make it so. A lot of times in life there is no quick fix or easy answer. You've got to make one. So prepare. I'm self-employed. It is not an easy path. A lot of work but it does have some rewards. You may or may not like such a thing, but I'm not you so I can not say for certain. What I can suggest is that you start looking for other employment way before the contract is up, maybe do some schooling for whatever it is you seek self-employment for and test the waters. 

As for living with your mother. I see nothing wrong with that especially if you're helping them out. This is a good time to build a solid financial foundation too. Without having to spend a lot of money on rent and utility bills. You can build up your bank account so that when you do move out, you'll have a jump start on life with some cushioning.

To the whole friends/boyfriend thing. That tends to happen on it's own so long as you're being yourself. If you are a good person you'll find good friends. (I don't know you personally so I'm guessing.)

(As for the Jinxed comment, I misunderstood what chaos rose was talking about. But my post #13 should be thought upon, just a suggestion.)

Edited by XenoFish
  • Like 2

Folks, please keep in mind this section of the boards is intended for the giving and receiving of psychic readings and as such we ask that members restrict unrelated comments or skeptic vs believer style discussions on the topic of psychic abilities to other areas of UM.

rashore, moderating team

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

So, I found this old thread. Got my contract renewal, living on my own. Woohoo!

And of course since I am curious: will this be the year that I will be lucky in love?

Hello @jinxed (are you related to 'Jinx' from James Bond? Cool). That you're sharing your uneasiness on a website as thoughtful as this suggests (to me) you've got the spiritual and philosophical backbone to go out and get the first job you see and then _dominate_ it, and then diversify or look for something better completely at your leisure. That's always been my philosophy, and it's served me well (I am a 40 yr old man). It's also been my experience that the more basic the McJob, the friendlier your workmates will be. Screw the rat race every time.

On 14-5-2019 at 11:14 AM, Carlos Allende said:

Hello @jinxed (are you related to 'Jinx' from James Bond? Cool). That you're sharing your uneasiness on a website as thoughtful as this suggests (to me) you've got the spiritual and philosophical backbone to go out and get the first job you see and then _dominate_ it, and then diversify or look for something better completely at your leisure. That's always been my philosophy, and it's served me well (I am a 40 yr old man). It's also been my experience that the more basic the McJob, the friendlier your workmates will be. Screw the rat race every time.

Well, if you read the post above yours, you will see after three years what has happened :)

I bumped this thread for a new question :)