Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

When humans go extinct

lidia

In this vidéo it show that everything disappear (a CD will take 100 years for a example) the plants ( nature) will take is right again.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, lidia said:

In this vidéo it show that everything disappear (a CD will take 100 years for a example) the plants ( nature) will take is right again.

We are witnessing that process in miniature, now, in the Chernobyl exclusion zone.

Edited by Hammerclaw
  • Like 3

33 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

We are witnessing that process in miniature, now, in the Chernobyl exclusion zone.

Bonjour, yes.

The end of the man could be due to the eruption of the sun because the shield that protects the earth it could be pierced and A it will be a total black out, man would not survive without today's technology.
Man could no longer go back to living by candlelight it's too late.

5 minutes ago, lidia said:

Bonjour, yes.

The end of the man could be due to the eruption of the sun because the shield that protects the earth it could be pierced and A it will be a total black out, man would not survive without today's technology.

There are various scenarios for the end of the world, most credible, however unlikely. The hominid lineage is tenacious, surviving over millions of years and multiple ecological changes and catastrophes, with a very small population compared to today's. Barring a total extinction event, some humans would, probably, survive, but civilization, as we know it, would be destroyed.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

There are various scenarios for the end of the world, most credible, however unlikely. The hominid lineage is tenacious, surviving over millions of years and multiple ecological changes and catastrophes, with a very small population compared to today's. Barring a total extinction event, some humans would, probably, survive, but civilization, as we know it, would be destroyed.

We are condemned, global warming as an example; In France it will be 50 ° Celsius in 2100

3 minutes ago, lidia said:

We are condemned, global warming as an example; In France it will be 50 ° Celsius in 2100

It gets hotter than that in the Sahara. Yet, compared to the moon and mars, where we contemplate building colonies, it's a veritable paradise. Where there's a will to survive, man seems to always find a way.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, lidia said:

Hi Lidia , I just want to say that 50 C is survivable (about 127 F) , it gets almost as hot as that in the Persian Gulf in mid summer.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

It gets hotter than that in the Sahara. Yet, compared to the moon and mars, where we contemplate building colonies, it's a veritable paradise. Where there's a will to survive, man seems to always find a way.

Is that true, but is NASA going to have the funding to prevent an asteroid or find a solution for mankind before it's too late?

9 minutes ago, spud the mackem said:

Hi Lidia , I just want to say that 50 C is survivable (about 127 F) , it gets almost as hot as that in the Persian Gulf in mid summer.

Hi mackem, Well, summer here is getting pretty hot every year i could stand 31° not a lot more.

12 minutes ago, lidia said:

Hi mackem, Well, summer here is getting pretty hot every year i could stand 31° not a lot more.

Summer here in the SE region of the US often reaches 100+ F...add in humidity and we reach a "balmy" near boiling point :lol:

People have survived it with just shade trees for centuries,we will carry on ;)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lidia said:

Is that true, but is NASA going to have the funding to prevent an asteroid or find a solution for mankind before it's too late?

Hopefully.  I don't worry myself with such matters, because "extinction", on a personal level, is inevitable, sooner or later.  Taking care of one's health and looking both ways before crossing a street are more immediate concerns. One should rejoice in life while one has it, not brood about such matters over which one has no control. Take a breath, sing a song, lay on the grass beneath a tree and look up at the dappled sunlight through it's shimmering  leaves. Hold a baby in your arms or gaze deeply into the eyes of one who loves you and just think how blessed you are to simply be.

Edited by Hammerclaw
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, lidia said:

One wonders if we will get wiser or depend on luck.  An asteroid would be too quick for adaptation, most life would be toast.   Climate change may give us 100 years to get smarter.  It may be frustrating, but all is not yet lost.

surely if people die out all life will die out. as we are the most advanced life forms on the planet.

4 hours ago, ali smack said:

surely if people die out all life will die out. as we are the most advanced life forms on the planet.

Why?  We are the most dependent of all life forms.  How will our demise affect insects and plants for instance? They carry on regardless of our  intervention.  If it was reversed and all plant life disappeared and not humans then we would be doomed.  The other way about and I doubt much would miss us in the long term.  Pets, domesticated and zoo animals that can't escape would be the victims initially, but after that much would thrive.

• Like 1

On 7/24/2017 at 3:08 PM, lidia said:

I wouldn't worry about it.

What I do worry about is all the hucksters and con-artists that are always saying; "We can save the world! All we need you to do is give us your money and your freedoms!"

Fall for any of that, and you would be empowering some seriously twisted people, and seeing as how a quarter billion people have been murdered by their own Governments in the last 300 years... I know what I'd worry about :wacko:

Believe me, if there is a real super-crisis, we would be the last ones to know.

If climate change affects the earth as badly as some researchers predict, then I expect there'll be a population migration to the then-habitable regions of Siberia, Alaska, and so on. 

Humans are very adaptable. A disruption of life doesn't necessarily lead to extinction of life.

• Like 1

Regarding the video:

I have a six acre hayfield/cow pasture on my property. I usually mow it down or burn it off, but I've let it lie fallow for several years. It's kind of amazing to see small trees growing all over the field after only a few years. It would be a forest again if I left it alone for 20 years.

• Like 1

On 7/24/2017 at 5:31 PM, lidia said:

man would not survive without today's technology.

The human species would be fine.   Sure they would lose millions and millions of the population, but they wouldn't be anywhere near in danger of being completely wiped out.  Many people have shelters where they could last for months or more.    With guns and ammo, food would be available.  

• Like 1