Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pet translator may let us talk to dogs

seeder

Pet translator devices could let us talk to dogs within 10 years, Amazon-backed report says

Research shows prairie dogs have different words to describe colours and species of predators

Pet translators could let us talk to dogs within 10 years, a report backed by Amazon has claimed.

A professor at Northern Arizona University is attempting to raise money to develop a cat and dog translation device, after he used AI software to analyse calls made by priarie dogs.

Con Slobodchikoff found that the animal had different words to describe colours and species of predators. He now believes the concept could be applied to household pets.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/pet-translator-amazon-report-cats-dogs-prairie-dogs-a7854831.html

• Like 1

Funny thing is we ALL talk to dogs anyway....and sooner or later they know what a "walkies" is...or..."dinner"

and  "GET OFF the damned sofa"  :lol:  But might be fun to hear what they talk about....not that I expect they say a great deal

Edited by seeder
  • Like 1

Cooper would have a lot to say, he's vocal (not barks but arf and grrr and he sings/howls to music) now. Keg is that food? Do you have food? Its food, for me right? Ruby Mom I want to pee, mom I want food.

• Like 1

I bet dogs use a lot of bad words

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, seeder said:

not that I expect they say a great deal

I had a Beagle once that I probably would have had to bleep out much of what she said to and about me :w00t:   Today, my Border Collie mix would probably be the same ;) 

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, The Silver Thong said:

I bet dogs use a lot of bad words

According to Mark Twain, the common BlueJay takes the prize for bad language and moods ;) 

http://www.eastoftheweb.com/short-stories/UBooks/WhaStu.shtml

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, and then said:

According to Mark Twain, the common BlueJay takes the prize for bad language and moods ;) 

http://www.eastoftheweb.com/short-stories/UBooks/WhaStu.shtml

Hmm interesting I have owned parrots and magpies and they both sound like jerks always back talking you. Like my ex wife lol   Blue Jays  not sure if I have ever seen one.  However birds are pretty smart and I can tell if they are being naughty or nice.  

• Like 3

I speak dog too, thats why I avoid the bar. 

• Like 2