Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Water found deep inside our Moon

seeder

Water Found Deep Inside the Moon
Satellite data suggest that water inside the moon is widespread, and that volcanic rocks may be a valuable resource for future explorers.

There's even more water on the moon than we previously thought, according to new analysis of tiny glass beads left over from ancient volcanic eruptions.

The naturally occurring beads were collected in the 1970s as part of the Apollo 15 and 17 missions, which landed near zones of volcanic activity. The beads formed when magma bursting onto the surface crystallized in such a way that water became trapped inside.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/2017/07/water-moon-formed-volcanoes-glass-space-science/

• Like 3

1 hour ago, seeder said:

Not surprising, since it was--at least in part--formed from the shattered debris of a water world. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, seanjo said:

India's Chandrayaan-1 orbiter...Is this the India we give monetary aid to?

Well yes, but we also give money to the EU and Europe also has a space programme ;) 

(I know what you mean, but foreign aid is complicated and not just a case of giving moneny to governments to do as they wish with.  Notwithstanding which, I agree with you)

Is everyone thinking what I am thinking? MOON WATER $99.99 per bottle.... Would make a killing. Now just have to figure out how to get some of that moon water down here.

• Like 2

Maybe that explains the gong ...

~

Apollo Expeditions to the Moon: Chapter 12

One of the experiments that Dick performed was multispectral photography of the lunar surface, which gave scientists new data with which to interpret the composition of the Moon. ... The entire Moon rang like a gong, vibrating and resonating for almost on hour after the impact.

~

Does the Moon Sound Like a Bell? | Popular Science

www.popsci.com/does-moon-sound-like-bell
May 27, 2016 - These crashes caused moonquakes, and scientists measured the vibrations moving through the Moon and found it rings like a bell. The real goal of the seismic experiments was to figure out the Moon's internal structure.

~

Jun 22, 2014 - This is kind of like the ripples traveling through a gong when it is .... the Moon ringing like a bell statement is one of the arguments they use to ...

~

Which also implies a moon much more hollow than initially thought ...

And ... off we go again ...

~

• Like 2

Guest brizink

I call BS, not a single moon rock recovered from Apollo missions indicated even a slight presence of water. So either we didn't go there and the moon rocks (and soil samples) are fake or there isn't any water on the moon. Not to mention that the surface density below the dust is hard as titanum, so someone explain how these satellite based instruments penetrated that and indicated water when actual samples did not. The moon's composition implies that not only is it older than earth but it's also composed of completely different elements and MINERALS. None of this is true, more disinformation to keep NASA funding rolling in.

Guest brizink
41 minutes ago, third_eye said:

Maybe that explains the gong ...

Which also implies a moon much more hollow than initially thought ...

And ... off we go again ...

~

Water even far below zero would make the extremely hard lunar sub-surface a bit softer and less likely to carry vibrations like this. An empty wine glass will ring loud and long. But you fill it only a third of the way, freeze it in liquid nitrogen and it will "tink" like a plastic bowl. Water only gets hard enough to carry vibrations like metal or glass when it is flash frozen and near pure (too pure and crystals simply won't form), by itself (not mixed in Rocky or dusty substrate) and even then it's sonic capabilities are unimpressive. So no, the "gong" does not support this water scenario being factual. 

5 minutes ago, brizink said:

So no, the "gong" does not support this water scenario being factual. 

Methinks you are taking this descriptive 'gong' a little too literally ...

~

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, brizink said:

Just on the off chance your statement wasn't a snarky one. I digress :)

Far be it for me to snark without provocation my good android ...

~

• Like 1

well i knew it since 4 years ago and one of the reasons Nasa attacked the moon and bombarded her...

• Like 2

That don't seem to hold much water, sorry that I am to add ...

~

13 hours ago, seanjo said:

India's Chandrayaan-1 orbiter...Is this the India we give monetary aid to?

As the UK no longer gives aid to India the answer is No,

• Like 2

3 hours ago, qxcontinuum said:

well i knew it since 4 years ago and one of the reasons Nasa attacked the moon and bombarded her...

Nonsense, If you are going to claim to know things at least do a little fact checking first.

The reason NASA impacted objects on the Moon was to search for surface water frozen in craters at the lunar poles which are in permanent shadow. That has nothing at all to do with this new discovery of water deep inside the moon,

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Nzo said:

Is everyone thinking what I am thinking? MOON WATER $99.99 per bottle.... Would make a killing. Now just have to figure out how to get some of that moon water down here.

It costs roughly 45.000USD to lift up 1kg up to the ISS1 so the price of $99.99 per bottle of Moon water is very bad calculated.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, brizink said:

I call BS, not a single moon rock recovered from Apollo missions indicated even a slight presence of water. .

You are basing your argument on information that is at least seven years out of date,

From a 2010 BBC News article:

'Much more water' found in lunar rocks

The Moon might be much wetter than previously thought, a group of scientists has said.

A US-led team analysed the mineral apatite in lunar rocks picked up by the Apollo space missions and in a lunar meteorite found in North Africa.

The scientists found that there was at least 100 times more water in the Moon's minerals than they had previously believed.

arrow3.gif  Read More: BBC News

• Like 2

I call BS, not a single moon rock recovered from Apollo missions indicated even a slight presence of water.

The Apollo samples were collected from the surface, not mined.

• Like 3

So either we didn't go there and the moon rocks (and soil samples) are fake or there isn't any water on the moon. Not to mention that the surface density below the dust is hard as titanum, 

So......if we have never been there, where are you getting your info from about how hard the surface density below the dust is? Where are you getting any of your info about the moon from.....looking at it from your bedroom window?

are you being serious?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, brizink said:

Not to mention that the surface density below the dust is hard as titanum, so someone explain how these satellite based instruments penetrated that

Your skills in material science are poor. Titanum isnt that hard, its tough and can be drilled with equipment that you can buy at your local construction market for 10 bucks.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, toast said:

Your skills in material science are poor. Titanum isnt that hard, its tough and can be drilled with equipment that you can buy at your local construction market for 10 bucks.

Do not tell him that....he will say NASA bought the materials for 10 bucks from the market to make the fake moon for the fake landing.

i am still not sure if he was serious....:huh: 

• Like 2

Gravitational forces from Earth would be causing internal tides within the moon. 

No doubt this would cause a detectable shimmering of the main body.

Perhaps that would explain this oddball behaviour.

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 9:35 PM, Nzo said:

@Nzo - You take the water if I can have the lemonade stand.

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 10:27 PM, brizink said:

I call BS, not a single moon rock recovered from Apollo missions indicated even a slight presence of water. So either we didn't go there and the moon rocks (and soil samples) are fake or there isn't any water on the moon. Not to mention that the surface density below the dust is hard as titanum, so someone explain how these satellite based instruments penetrated that and indicated water when actual samples did not. The moon's composition implies that not only is it older than earth but it's also composed of completely different elements and MINERALS. None of this is true, more disinformation to keep NASA funding rolling in.

The water evaporated since no one was looking for it.:whistle: