Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Screenwriter goes missing- cult to blame?

Jade7

What does everyone thing about this strange story?

A screenwriter for a production company went missing without a trace, never to be found or heard from since.

Before he went missing he left possible clues that a satanic cult named Dark onto Light who are also linked to the Russian mafia may have been involved in his disapearence. 

http://www.dostoevsky-bts.com/about_robert_hurley.html

Here's the journals the screenwriter left explaining Dark Onto Light.

http://lighttodark.bravehost.com/

Do you think this cult does exist and is to blame? Have you ever heard of the cult Dark onto Light?

Never heard of it before. And I've heard of a lot. 

Seems like it could possibly be a publicity stunt for the movie that's coming out. 

• Like 1

It's a fictional story, like how the Blair Witch movie was made up. Some of the better creepy pastas have this type of hoax setup too- websites dedicated to circle back around to the original creepy pasta to make it seem more real. Occasionally authors do it too, to make their writings seem more real. The sites are just promotional for the film.

Edit to add.. I already checked into this story when it was previously posted. The topic was removed at the time for being film promotion.

• Like 2

Ahh I see. Is there ever any truth to these stories? The film seems to be a a documentary type story, I've been keeping an eye on it for a while as it interested me.

Has there ever been a similiar scenario like this where the backstory has turned out to be true? Movie curses etc

2 hours ago, Jade7 said:

Ahh I see. Is there ever any truth to these stories? The film seems to be a a documentary type story, I've been keeping an eye on it for a while as it interested me.

Has there ever been a similiar scenario like this where the backstory has turned out to be true? Movie curses etc

There are certainly some scary groups out there. I don't know if they disappear people, but I know some of them claim to. 

• Like 2

A writer?

Since when did anyone in Hollywood gave a damn about any writers?

Hand them a Comic book and they think they have everything they need for a blockbuster. Plot is just a 4-letter word these days.

• Like 1