Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

80yo couple visits every US Cracker Barrel

The Caspian Hare

LEBANON, Tenn. (TODAY) - “It’s like being at home,” Ray Yoder, 80, of Goshen, Indiana, said about why he and his wife Wilma love visiting Cracker Barrel Old Country Stores.

But the homestyle restaurant-meets-general store chain basically is home to the couple, considering the adventurous couple has trekked more than five million miles across America visiting 664 out of the 665 locations.

According to the Lebanon (Tenn.) Democrat, the two said they started their quest to visit every store 40 years ago when Ray was working as a truck driver delivering recreational vehicles across the country.

“[Visiting Cracker Barrel] took the boredom out of being on the road,” he said. “It has a down-home spirit, and everybody is friendly.”

Wilma eventually started joined him on his trips, and the rest is history.

http://www.wthr.com/article/80-year-old-indiana-couple-nears-end-of-quest-to-visit-every-cracker-barrel-in-america

Lol Cracker Barrel. The article is incorrect in it's quote- there are currently 645 CB's. The original article is accurate the info.

Lol. I get that it's what they wanna do, but it seems really odd to me that people would want to do that. I mean...it's the same restaurant and the same food...why travel farther than you have to? 

Well, I guess they were going anyway. But if they're traveling anyway, then why not take advantage of the variety of places to eat? 

Edited by ChaosRose
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

80 year old couple officially the most boring people in the U.S.

During their travels to visit all those Cracker Barrels this couple has probably seen more of the country than 90% of the population. There's a great deal to see and do when traveling through the USA. I wouldn't call these folks boring...boring are the people who never go anywhere and never do anything.

• Like 5

While I agree Cracker Barrel has good food, I think I would get tired of eating it on a constant basis. 

1 hour ago, Lilly said:

During their travels to visit all those Cracker Barrels this couple has probably seen more of the country than 90% of the population. There's a great deal to see and do when traveling through the USA. I wouldn't call these folks boring...boring are the people who never go anywhere and never do anything.

Image result for the joke you

The sameness of the place is why a lot of people eat there. All locations are owned by the company, not franchised out. So while a lot of chains have differences between franchises, like a Bob Evans or Pancake House in one place might be great, and another sucks.. CB works hard to ensure that everything is as same as possible across the entire company. That goes for the restaurant side from how the food is made to food service, and on the store side, where every store is set up the same way according to plan-o-grams. A lot of people like it that the food is always of the same consistent quality everywhere- no taking chances.