Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Theory of Space-time,gravity,energy,magnetism

trevor borocz johnson

On 10/23/2017 at 11:12 AM, ArcherSage said:

Space is like a shadow, which is the absence of something. You can warp a shadow but only if its on a surface, space has no surface and even if it did, you could not warp it in any way.

This is the sort of thinking that I had early on in coming up with the OP.  I like people who give ideas like these even though they are often nebulous with metaphors. It took me about eight months of silly ideas of how space is composed and functions. Then I came up with density of space time. But like you I was comparing things like gravity waves and rays of photons from the sun saying that gravity was an effect on space similar to rays.

• 1 month later...

On 9/20/2017 at 3:01 PM, trevor borocz johnson said:

If this picture is true then you could just take a photograph of light splitting on a 180 degree axis, then use a ruler and measure in the picture if light is faster in one direction then the other. Much more modern and accurate then the M-M experiment which wasn't even measuring for galactic movement of the earth.

sepulchrave, If you measured for galactic movement of the earth, or the direction the galaxy is headed in, and you split the light in the above experiment and let it travel 100 cm, then the light on one side in the picture should be around 99.5 cm and the light on the other side would be 100.5 cm.

On 10/23/2017 at 8:12 AM, ArcherSage said:

The particle-wave duality is a cop out to try and retain the particle theory despite all the evidence that wave theory is the only provable reality.

Didn't Einstein win a Nobel prize for his explanation of the photoelectric effect in 1922? That needs light/ photons to have particle -like properties.  We kept the particle aspects around because they are still needed.

You are thinking about a world in terms of very limited objects. " If it is not an apple, it must be a banana because that is all there is." Particles and waves are concepts like apples and bananas.  You lock yourself into impossible contradictions when you see everything that way.  It may not be either or, but an amalgam or something else entirely that we don't have a mental picture for yet.

"How can something distort nothing?"  you said.  You are putting yourself in the apple/ banana box.  You are right that the equations work.  You are right that we don't know exactly what an electron "looks like"  It may not be physical at all but simply a particular kind of knot in the fabric of space-time.  You are completely justified to imagine it in any color or shape that will help you understand it, as long as it behaves consistently with what we can observe.

Your arguments about brainwashing are a little bit off the mark.  It is true that we adopt a concept and use it, but not without evidence. People still do test things.  If you think it is a universal conspiracy, you are not thinking about the glory and prizes a physicist would earn by coming up with something that fit the observations better and made predictions we could test.

Now if you assume that we are living in a simulation and the programmer brainwashed us to see the universe in a particular way, how can I dispute you?  We are both simply algorithms. 

On 1/12/2018 at 9:23 AM, borntobewild said:

What about the theory itself? The theory is false, invalid.

You know of course that GPS satellites would be uselessly inaccurate if they didn't take relativity into account to compute their position?  It really does work in real life and have practical applications.

Is it really so hard to imagine that human beings with their relatively new and limited minds do not completely understand the universe yet?   Concepts may change radically, but they will be changed by people who have devoured all the knowledge there is and pushed out beyond it.  It is lazy to sit back and think one's insights, the product of a year or two of pondering in a cursory way are going to scrape the surface and get down to fundamental truth.  

Still, congratulations.  It is a fun read and an interesting concept to think about in different ways.

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

One of the unsolved mysteries in modern science is why the expansion of the universe appears to be accelerating. Some scientists argue it is due to a theoretical dark energy that counteracts the pull of gravity, while others think Albert Einstein's long-accepted theory of gravity itself may need to be modified.

Read more at: https://phys.org/news/2018-06-discrepancies-affect-universe.html#jCp

Solid discourse to be had, best wishes.

On a reflex point of this topic; If two plates moving at speed with light bouncing between them are evidence of time-slip then the sun moving in a singular curved direction would facilitate the same effect on an orbital body with transversal velocity? or was I too engrossed in the relationships between electronvolt capacity per cubic unit to think about this correctly?

20 hours ago, Frank_Hoenedge said:

Solid discourse to be had, best wishes.

On a reflex point of this topic; If two plates moving at speed with light bouncing between them are evidence of time-slip then the sun moving in a singular curved direction would facilitate the same effect on an orbital body with transversal velocity? or was I too engrossed in the relationships between electronvolt capacity per cubic unit to think about this correctly?

Like some mayo with that salad?

no salad no sauce.

You scholar's can do the math on the time-relativity there, entertain yourselves.

On 6/6/2018 at 5:16 PM, Frank_Hoenedge said:

I think the answer is "yes, but..."

I don't think you could ever measure this effect between the sun and an orbital body. The sun is an incoherent light source, so it is difficult if not impossible to identify the phase of the light. The speeds of the sun and the orbital bodies are also relatively low, so any time dilation would be very small. I suspect that the gravitational effect on time dilation would be larger than any kinetic effect.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

Here's another video of the femto camera that shows the light moving across object's

• 5 months later...
On 9/20/2017 at 3:01 PM, trevor borocz johnson said:

If this picture is true then you could just take a photograph of light splitting on a 180 degree axis, then use a ruler and measure in the picture if light is faster in one direction then the other. Much more modern and accurate then the M-M experiment which wasn't even measuring for galactic movement of the earth.

I see they have newer femto camera's that are breaking the records in sowing down the image of light moving. I wonder if the experiment will show a shift. Also I wonder what the Michelson Morley results would be on a femto camera. 

Edited by trevor borocz johnson