Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Goat yoga craze is sweeping through America

The Caspian Hare

Goat yoga is a new workout trend that’s spreading across Colorado, and it made its way to the Denver County Fair this weekend.

“I don’t know who started it, but it’s a nationwide craze,” said Morgan Unks, the fair’s newly named goat yoga instructor.

The craze is exactly as it sounds — yoga with goats. They roam around people’s mats, maybe nibble on a water bottle or even a person’s ear, and occasionally jump on someone’s back as they change poses. It’s not too clear how or why goat yoga started, but classes across Colorado sell out fast.

“I think there’s some sort of obsession with goats,” Unks told CBS4’s Kelly Werthmann.

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2017/07/23/goats-yoga-workout/

• Like 1

I don't get it.

• Like 3

My grandmother had goats...just wait till they poop.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

I don't get it.

Neither do I.

BTW, you can't house break goats. What happens when one of the goats has gotta go? 

I can hear it now, "What's that on my yoga mat? OMG eweee!"   k015.gif

• Like 3

Just now, Daughter of the Nine Moons said:

My grandmother had goats...just wait till they poop.

LOL! Exactly my thought...and at the exact same time no less!

I swear people do stuff just so they have things to talk about with people later :huh:

• Like 4

I think you're right Spartan. However, I prefer to do something that at least looks somewhat smart/sane to talk about later on.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

I don't get it.

Angora management.

• Like 2

I kinda get it. Most people don't have access to farm animals on a regular basis and they are cute. They do smell pretty bad and poop everywhere though.

Puppy yoga is more my style. :P

• Like 1

I hear there is also this fad called beer yoga lol

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

I hear there is also this fad called beer yoga lol

Oh lord...:rolleyes: :lol:

• Like 2

On 7/25/2017 at 3:25 PM, Michelle said:

Oh lord...:rolleyes: :lol:

I thought it said goat yogurt 

Wait a second, I might be onto something. hmmm (not the goat)  goat yoga and a goat milk yogurt. Ok thats it I'm doing it.  Ohhh the riches I will see...... 

Edited by The Silver Thong
  • Like 2

Well, I'd guess it might have something to do with goat worship and Baphomet, to express a rebellion to Christianity with New Age religion and Yoga.  I don't mind Yoga, I mean, it's not New Age, it's ancient, but there's a sort of angst between using asian terms as they can get tempers raised with fundamentalism.

Though, that's one of the things Jesus says in the Gospel, that God would keep the goats on his left hand, and sheep on his right, and would sweep all of his left hand into the fire, and the right he would save.  Because goats and sheep are quite similar I guess, they can breed together and make something like a mule, an offspring that can't breed itself, but they can intermate, but there are distinctions between the two.  They were both used in similar offerings, sometimes a kid might be used if the person didn't want to use a lamb.  Also, that's where the term scapegoat comes from, where a lot was cast on goats, one was killed for the sins of Israel, while the other was set free to carry the sins to new land.\

Because Yoga is a big thing in hinduism, so there might be a little feud with Christian America.

Edited by Opus Magnus

22 hours ago, The Silver Thong said:

I thought it said goat yogurt 

Me too... but that would not have been weird enough for a thread, I guess.

2 minutes ago, AnchorSteam said:

Me too... but that would not have been weird enough for a thread, I guess.

The funny thing I see goat yogurt as somewhat plausible. However goat yoga? do they play climb on rocks and trees. 

Oh crap I looked it up