Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Psychiatrists can now comment on Trump

Claire.

If it requires (sometimes multiple) sittings to properly and legally diagnose a mental illness or pathological habit (and I only did first year Psychology, so it may have changed). I do not understand how it is legal or justifiable for psychologists who have not sat with the man to make public diagnoses about him. Especially given how controversial things are. Profiling is possible but that is not a skill all psychologists have, so its just immature not to recognize the unwarranted damage this could do to the man's reputation.

If a bunch of politically driven psychologists come forward, asserting mental illness simply because they do not like him, his entertainment persona, or his political leaning that is going to be a mess.

I'm not happy about the Identity Politics/Politics of Envy going around lately... its ****ing everything up.

Edited by Reilly.
  • Like 1

On 7/30/2017 at 1:04 PM, Reilly. said:

If it requires (sometimes multiple) sittings to properly and legally diagnose a mental illness or pathological habit (and I only did first year Psychology, so it may have changed). I do not understand how it is legal or justifiable for psychologists who have not sat with the man to make public diagnoses about him. Especially given how controversial things are. Profiling is possible but that is not a skill all psychologists have, so its just immature not to recognize the unwarranted damage this could do to the man's reputation.

If a bunch of politically driven psychologists come forward, asserting mental illness simply because they do not like him, his entertainment persona, or his political leaning that is going to be a mess.

I'm not happy about the Identity Politics/Politics of Envy going around lately... its ****ing everything up.

In this particular case, I think the man in question is perfectly safe from any further damage to his reputation.