Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Boko Haram "captives" actually were free

eugenonegin

The internet is playing up, but basically these schoolgirls were better off taken away from their parents.

Uh...perhaps not:

It must be Stockholm syndrome, others said. What else could explain why any girl, any woman, would choose to remain with such horrible men?

Once these young women have children and become part of that community this could indeed happen. Kidnapping any child and taking them from their parents isn't a very good method of improving their chances for a better life.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Lilly said:

Uh...perhaps not:

Once these young women have children and become part of that community this could indeed happen. Kidnapping any child and taking them from their parents isn't a very good method of improving their chances for a better life.

My first thought was Stockholm Syndrome.  Especially with children so young.  I suspect they had to grasp onto some kind of coping mechanism to survive it and the mind just took them out of captivity by making these "men" a replacement for their families.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, eugeneonegin said:

The internet is playing up, but basically these schoolgirls were better off taken away from their parents.

Jihadist propaganda sure finds a ready audience is certain places.

Let's re-wind, back to 2014 when these under-age girls were kidnapped to (as was stated at the time) be sold as slaves.

No, it isn't the KKK, it is Africa's own Boko Haram, and here is the long-form on those swine;

http://ro.ecu.edu.au/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1019&context=act

Swell bunch, eh?

I wonder how many of the 223 girls taken in April of 2014 are still alive, and now many were slaughtered along the way. 

Ah, the OP is the good ol' BBS, how wonderful.

This whole thing has a North Korean smell to it. Minors can be convinced of just about anything if you work them over, mentally and physically, for a couple of years. 

I am not sure of the Connections and Kids story holds all that much water; one of the only personal stories they told was of a girl who left a 2 year-old behind to rejoin her abductors.

So, 223 taken, 82 released, "Some" went back.

How many?

How many died out there?