Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Great Sphinx and The Golden Ratio.

GoldenWolf

What does the golden rule have to do with the golden ratio or the interactions of photos and outer shell electrons?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, stereologist said:

What does the golden rule have to do with the golden ratio or the interactions of photos and outer shell electrons?

That is my signature.

27 minutes ago, stereologist said:

So what does the golden ratio have to do with outer shell electrons?

"Divine Light"

Limestone has approximately the same wavelength of Gold.  At nighttime, combined with torch light, I believe it would be similar to this:

sphinx_night.jpg or sphinx-face-night.jpg

Edited by Mystic Crusader

4 minutes ago, Mystic Crusader said:

"Divine Light"

Limestone has approximately the same wavelength of Gold.  At nighttime, combined with torch light, I believe it would be similar to this:

sphinx_night.jpg

So you posted an image of a rectangle in each image of the OP. The rectangles are not similar. They should be if the topic is the golden ratio. The one over the spectrum of optical wavelengths makes no sense at all since the height of the rectangle is not connected to any property. The rectangle is posted on an image of wavelengths. That is a one dimensional property.

What is the wavelength of gold? What is the wavelength o limestone? Please enlighten me.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, stereologist said:

So you posted an image of a rectangle in each image of the OP. The rectangles are not similar. They should be if the topic is the golden ratio. The one over the spectrum of optical wavelengths makes no sense at all since the height of the rectangle is not connected to any property. The rectangle is posted on an image of wavelengths. That is a one dimensional property.

What is the wavelength of gold? What is the wavelength o limestone? Please enlighten me.

What matters is the ratio to the image, not image to image, which are of different resolution.  The ratio is self correcting to the image.

Limestone and Gold are both around 590 NM.

The images help to explain each other.  Don't make this harder than it is.

1:61

100% Saturation to 61% Light

11 minutes ago, Mystic Crusader said:

1:61

100% Saturation to 61% Light

1:61 would of make 100:6100, not 61. :rofl:

Edit: Also, what's the purpose of this thread?

Edit 2: The golden rule; 'it's okay in a 3-way'

Edited by Timonthy
Edit. Edit 2.
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Mystic Crusader said:

"Divine Light"

sphinx_night.jpg or sphinx-face-night.jpg

No, it doesn't.  Limestone comes in a variety of colors and the "gold" you see is mainly due to the color of the floodlights.  There's any number of rocks that would be that same yellowish color under those lights.

The "golden ratio" picture of the sphinx is not correct.  The "ratio" diagram has been squished vertically to fit.  Otherwise, the top of the arc would be a considerable distance above the statue.

• Like 3

Just now, Timonthy said:

1:61 would of make 100:6100, not 61. :rofl:

Fixed the post.

Just now, Kenemet said:

No, it doesn't.  Limestone comes in a variety of colors and the "gold" you see is mainly due to the color of the floodlights.  There's any number of rocks that would be that same yellowish color under those lights.

Otherwise, the top of the arc would be a considerable distance above the statue.

Limestone is what the sphinx is made of.

You have to think of weathering and the fact that it was more than likely altered. It's too similar to be coincidence.

4 minutes ago, Mystic Crusader said:

You have to think of weathering and the fact that it was more than likely altered. It's too similar to be coincidence.

If "gold" was the effect the ancient carvers were trying to achieve with the Sphinx, why would they go and cover the head with paint? You can still see remnants of it.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, kmt_sesh said:

If "gold" was the effect the ancient carvers were trying to achieve with the Sphinx, why would they go and cover the head with paint? You can still see remnants of it.

Some pharaoh/ruler probably changed it, probably to the construct of his own imagination to fit his grandiose self image.

3 minutes ago, Mystic Crusader said:

Yes.  And I've seen the Sphinx, up close and personal within the past 3 years.  It's not gold.  The "gold" is the color of floodlights (which I've also seen.)  And the "alteration" idea isn't a real thing... it could never have been an "Anubis" because the limestone is just too fragile to be able to have that kind of weight.  They depicted pharaohs as sphinxes more than 250 years previously and as a guardian of Egypt.

And since I have some experience as a graphics designer, here's what the real Golden Ratio looks like on top of the real Sphinx.  

goldenratio.jpg

• Like 3

I'm thinking the Sphinx started as a totem/spirit animal, and over time the meaning was twisted to serve the one instead of all.

1 minute ago, Mystic Crusader said:

I'm thinking the Sphinx started as a totem/spirit animal, and over time the meaning was twisted to serve the one instead of all.

You might do better to read up on ancient Egypt.  It was a literate civilization and they wrote about their magic and gods and beliefs.  Your idea is not one that would have made any sense to them.

• Like 5

Kenemet beat me to it - I find it unbelievable that someone claiming to know the topic, could post an image allegedly showing the golden ratio, and then distort the ratio horribly and obviously (even if by accident).

But then it becomes clearer, when the same person claims the human eye has a maximum sensitivity to 590 nm (yellow orange)...  Truth is that it is (somewhat arguably as it varies and is subject to subjective measurement (see what i did there?)) actually closer to 530 to 560 nm (bright green).

And then says limestone and gold are also at that wavelength? :D:D:D

3 strikes.  And I'm out - this is just silly and wrong.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Kenemet said:

You might do better to read up on ancient Egypt.  It was a literate civilization and they wrote about their magic and gods and beliefs.  Your idea is not one that would have made any sense to them.

The voice of reason. Thank you

7 hours ago, Mystic Crusader said:

What matters is the ratio to the image, not image to image, which are of different resolution.  The ratio is self correcting to the image.

Limestone and Gold are both around 590 NM.

Why do you assign a particular wavelength of light? Please explain.

Even if it matched up with the golden ratio (which it doesn't) - so what? It doesn't mean anything other than they used it and appreciated math.

Edited by moonman

13 hours ago, Mystic Crusader said:

"Divine Light"

or

As I understand things limestone and gold do not have "wavelengths".  In view of reflectance, limestone reflects pretty much the whole spectrum of visible light due to minimal absorbance as stated here: http://ser.sese.asu.edu/SPECTRA/intro.html

So as Kenemet stated the limestone will reflect the colour of the light source.  For example

:597a14f732e3d_bluesphinx.jpg.bd83cba3c22153c92091e48c3a9b8c06.jpg

Looks more like sapphire now.

MDagger

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MDagger said:

As I understand things limestone and gold do not have "wavelengths".  In view of reflectance, limestone reflects pretty much the whole spectrum of visible light due to minimal absorbance as stated here: http://ser.sese.asu.edu/SPECTRA/intro.html

So as Kenemet stated the limestone will reflect the colour of the light source.  For example

:597a14f732e3d_bluesphinx.jpg.bd83cba3c22153c92091e48c3a9b8c06.jpg

Looks more like sapphire now.

MDagger

They didn't have colored lights millenniums ago, they would have used torches.

12 minutes ago, Mystic Crusader said:

They didn't have colored lights millenniums ago, they would have used torches.

The Sun provides a full spectrum source.

There is no wavelength to limestone or gold. Where did you get that idea?

• The topic was locked