Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Octopus goes for a walk

UM-Bot

As this video shows, not all octopus' limit their exploration to the bottom of the sea.

• Like 5

They freak me out, man. They are super intelligent, somewhat amphibious creatures with many arms. If you lived your life never knowing these things existed, you would be excused for thinking they were alien visitors. *shudder* fascinating little beasts

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

They freak me out, man. They are super intelligent, somewhat amphibious creatures with many arms. If you lived your life never knowing these things existed, you would be excused for thinking they were alien visitors. *shudder* fascinating little beasts

Anyone else think "Cthulhu rising?"

• Like 1

That little fish spits out the rock, and you know he's saying ****!!!!

• Like 1

Sorry, I will finish the thought.  It was called "The Future is Wild".  Its old made around 2002, but the CGI was good and although it was highly speculative there was some logic and science to it.    In any case round about 100 million years from now, their vision of the world was occupied by terrestrial octopi and aboreal squids.  This video reminded me of that series.  Maybe it won't take 100 million years.

To those who think evolution would always give rise to bipedal creatures rather like us, I give you....

Having had a fair bit to do with these incredible creatures, I think the only reason they didn't become masters of technology and develop a society.. is they rightly guessed it would turn out like ours has, so they didn't want to.

BTW, they can also be beautiful, superbly camouflaged and deadly:

Added link:

http://www.upworthy.com/13-of-the-most-frighteningly-smart-things-octopuses-can-do

Edited by ChrLzs

I love  Sir David Attenborough