Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Broken Guardian Angel

baska

I'm staying at a friends house for a couple days, her parents are away so it's just the two of us. We slept downstairs last night, and had movies or music on the whole time. We both felt kind of scared and uncomfortable for most of the night, but we just assumed it was because we were watching horror movies. 

This morning we came upstairs and started getting ready, I was on my phone when my friend started freaking out and saying my name and 'what the hell' over and over. She has a small glass guardian angel statue in her room that she checks every night. It helps her have peace of mind to sleep and gives her comfort. She had it in her hands, broken in half. 

Niether of us had touched it, it's bottom half was where she left it and the top next to it. The break was jagged on one half and a clean break the other, like it had been snapped from the base. It's not a fragile connection where it broke and could not have done it on its own. No one else was in the house and it had been checked the night before at around 11:30. There's no glass around it but there are pieces missing from the jagged side. The statue had been passed down to my friend from her grandmother. 

Does anyone have any ideas on what this could be or mean? 

Does she have a cat?

This statue was passed down from her grandmother and it just happens to break when you are there. 

possibly:

she broke it by mistake and is looking for a way to blame you because she is upset it broke and upset it happened when you were there

you say you slept downstairs that night, but she did go upstairs to check the statue that night, did you go with her? did you see the statue that night intact? 

It means the  angel has left and the monsters from the horror movie are gong to get her .

There !  Is that 'better ' ? 

It depends what type of glass it was but glass has a spontaneous breakage rate.  Ie glass objects from  small objects  to large panes and tables can spontaneously break.

For tempered glass the rate can be as high as about 1 in a 100, which is actually quite significant. 

In addition to the use and handling types of breakage, tempered glass is also known to break due to a specific type of imperfection or “inclusion” that occurs within the glass during its manufacture. When this condition exists, glass breakage sometimes appears to occur without any obvious cause. This is often referred to as “spontaneous” breakage and can be quite dramatic. There are many types of inclusions that may be present in tempered glass. One well-known, but quite rare inclusion, is that of nickel sulfide particles.

https://c.ymcdn.com/sites/www.bifma.org/resource/resmgr/misc_/Spontaneous_Glass_Break_6Jan.pdf

Of course if she is superstitious you could  tell her that  the aangel did its job and protected her from an attack at the cost of its own integrity.  And being a friend you could buy her a new one :) 

Edited by Mr Walker
  • Like 1

Why does she "check" the statue every night? 

• Like 1

Now now ChaosRose !    ....     Its those sort of questions that   .......   'expose  things'    ... and create  'one post wonders'      ;)  

• Like 1

21 hours ago, ChaosRose said:

Why does she "check" the statue every night? 

Explained in the  sentence following that observation. 

It helps her have peace of mind to sleep and gives her comfort. 

MAny peole have such objects, from  a photo of a loved one, to a crystal.

Personally, i sleep a lot better  if i have a glass of coke zero close at hand. :) 

For some people sleep is a time of fear and stress,   when the inactivity of mind and body causes people to worry  about things.

Round 3.30-4.00 in the morning is known to be the time when most humans are most stressed about things . (ie when the  are most  likely to wake up and not be able to sleep, due to worries)

Among other things, rituals and objects can psychologically help a person approach sleep with more comfort. 

Edited by Mr Walker