Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

100,000 pages of chemical industry secrets

ExpandMyMind

From the article:

the Forest Service was... directly dousing her four children with [an Agent Orange ingredient] as they fished by the river [causing] nosebleeds, bloody diarrhea, [neighbors'] miscarriages ... ducks with backward-facing feet ... cats and dogs ... bleeding from their eyes and ears.

“We didn’t think of ourselves as environmentalists, that wasn’t even a word back then,” Van Strum said. “We just didn’t want to be poisoned.” ... a baby [was] born without a brain in the area.

The EPA never released the full results of the “Alsea study,” as it was called, and insisted it had lost many of them. But a lab chemist provided Van Strum with what he said was the analysis of the test results he had been hired to do for the EPA... When confronted, the EPA claimed there had been a mix-up ... [but never explained from] where the contaminated samples had been taken. And eventually, Van Strum gave up. The EPA declined to comment for this story.

In 1977, her house burned to the ground and her four children died in the fire. Firefighters ... pointed to the possibility of arson. Van Strum suspected some of her opponents might have set the fire

But her commitment to the battle against toxic chemicals survived the ordeal. “If it was intentional, it was the worst thing that ever happened to me,” she said. “After that, there was nothing that could make me stop.”

Horrifying. I have no other words.

• Like 5

I wonder how much interesting info there is in there that isn't redacted. Interesting.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

From the article:

Horrifying. I have no other words.

I do: the EPA is a scam. They love protecting special interest groups and themselves.

..and sometimes the environment, depending on the study.

• Like 2

Just now, Dark_Grey said:

I do: the EPA is a scam. They love protecting special interest groups and themselves.

that is why they were created in the first place, epa, and fda, 

• Like 3

And I'm the crazy guy when I say fluoride is dangerous. That vaccines are full of poison. That GMO's are harmful. That they are most likely spraying chemicals on us from planes, and on and on. Many people from the top are evil sick twisted scum of the earth 

• Like 2

I think many need to eat some crow. 

Been taking a poke around the Poison Papers. A mix of various newspaper/magazine articles for a good chunk. Quite a bit of what looks to be more serious papers as well. Some stuff is scanned alone, other stuff uploaded into hundreds of pages of stuff. It really is a collection of everything and anything to do with the subject in the era. So far I've seen spanning a range of at least early 60's-early 80's.

There is redaction going on.. and there is a lot of tagging and highlighting of stuff too.

Looking at the scans.. I've done a lot of scan cataloging, and upon brief glance, this looks like real stuff. As a lore tripper, I'm impressed with the catalog collection if nothing else. Van Strum did a good job.

• Like 4

I'm very interested in seeing what's in those pages.

• Like 1

“We thought that if they knew what had happened to us, they wouldn’t do it anymore,” Van Strum said recently, before erupting into one of the many bursts of laughter that punctuate her conversation.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

And I'm the crazy guy when I say fluoride is dangerous. That vaccines are full of poison. That GMO's are harmful. That they are most likely spraying chemicals on us from planes, and on and on. Many people from the top are evil sick twisted scum of the earth 

You are stretching a little there.

• Like 1

The most insane counter opinion I've faced in this regard : "as long as it ain't sprayed on or over me it ain't a problem and I don't see why it should be"

Yeah maaaaan, a real Wall Street Player if ya knows what I mean ...

~

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Myles said:

You are stretching a little there.

Why? Anyone who would do what was exposed here is clearly capable of some seriously sick things. 

1 minute ago, preacherman76 said:

Why? Anyone who would do what was exposed here is clearly capable of some seriously sick things. 

Well, clearly. But it doesn't necessarily mean that instantly all conspiracy theories are true. We still have to see what the papers actually say. But I think there are actually over 200,000 pages, and not 100,000. I saw that somewhere in the article. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

Well, clearly. But it doesn't necessarily mean that instantly all conspiracy theories are true. We still have to see what the papers actually say. But I think there are actually over 200,000 pages, and not 100,000. I saw that somewhere in the article. 

Yea I saw that too. I agree that this doesn't mean every conspiracy theory is true. However adding this to what I already have seen regarding Chem trails, well let's just say it removes any hope I had (which wasn't much) that there is any human decency with these people. 

I'm not gonna derail the thread by continuing to talk about chem trails. There then to say I have much less doubt it's true after reading this article 

• Like 1

What is purported as the real and truth is but an echo of the facts ...

~

spraying-agent-orange-over-vietnam - Vietnam War Pictures - Vietnam ...

www.history.com/.../vietnam.../vietnam.../vietnam.../spraying-agent-orange-over-viet...
A cargo plane sprays Agent Orange over a forest in North Vietnam. Agent Orange was a blend of herbicides used to defoliate forests where Viet Cong forces ...

~
Millions of Americans and Vietnamese are still affected, directly and indirectly, by the wartime U.S. spraying of Agent Orange and other herbicides over southern ...

~
During the Vietnam War, the United States sprayed some 20 million gallons of the defoliant known as Agent Orange over South Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos.

~

Agent Orange's Long Legacy, for Vietnam and Veterans - The New ...

May 11, 2014 - More than 40 years after the American military used Agent Orange in the Vietnam War, the chemical still casts a long shadow over the ...

~

Vietnamese families still battling the aftermath of Agent orange | The ...

www.independent.co.uk/.../agent-orange-vietnam-war-us-damir-sagolj-a7664491.htm...

Apr 4, 2017 - The Vietnam Association of Victims of Agent Orange/Dioxin (VAVA) told ... in Vietnam have been exposed to the herbicide and over 3 million of ...

~

• Like 2

Lets call up Dow chemicals and see what they say

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

Chemtrails is a joke of a conspiracy theory. 

16 minutes ago, The Silver Thong said:

Lets call up Dow chemicals and see what they say

The thing is, usually industry folks know full well the effects of their stuff and it comes out later that their own studies proved them. But they don't usually wanna talk. 

That's probably why there are so many conspiracy theories. We know the tobacco industry lied straight out...produced "studies" that not only said it wasn't harmful or addictive, but it was good for you. Why couldn't they be lying about GMOs? Especially with all the lobbyists and all the money in politics and research (particularly "research" that comes out the way people want it to). 

It gets to the point where you just don't know what to believe, and people are not getting valuable vaccinations for their kids because they're afraid to. 

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, Myles said:

Is crop dusting a conspiracy. 

53 minutes ago, Myles said:

So was the government intentionally giving black men syphillous for years and letting them die horrible deaths. So was bayor intentionally selling AIDS tainted blood all over Europe. Turns out those jokes weren't very funny. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Silver Thong said:

Is crop dusting a conspiracy. 

Of course not.   It is not surprising at all the crop dusting can and does affect humans.   However, that is not the intended desire.  

The "chemtrails" theory has too many holes in it. 

14 minutes ago, Myles said:

Of course not.   It is not surprising at all the crop dusting can and does affect humans.   However, that is not the intended desire.  

The "chemtrails" theory has too many holes in it. 

I don't really think it has to many holes in the theory. As far as crop dusting goes we need to look at Monsanto and round up.  Just look at how dumb we have become in a couple decades. We don't care who leads a nation we don't care about immigration we don't care about job creation and we don't care about education The Millennials have proven it. They know nothing. 

Edited by The Silver Thong
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, The Silver Thong said:

I don't really think it has to many holes in the theory. As far as crop dusting goes we need to look at Monsanto and round up.  Just look at how dumb we have become in a couple decades. We don't care who leads a nation we don't care about immigration we don't care about job creation and we don't care about education The Millennials have proven it. They no nothing. 

So you think Round-up was intended to make people stupid?    

I think the chemicals in our food does. Maybe even the air we breath.  Round up for some reason only works on genetically modified seeds produced by Monsanto.  Thats a whole other thread. 

• Like 3