Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Daughter finds dead mother 'alive' on Google

Still Waters

A daughter got the "surprise of her life" when she discovered her mother, who has been dead for 18 months, 'alive' and pottering about on Google Street View.

Denise Underhill, who emigrated to the US from the UK, had an urge one day to have a conversation with her mother. However, as she passed away in 2015, this sadly wasn't possible. In a bid to relive some old memories she had the sudden brainwave to take a look at her mother's house on Google Maps, which had since been sold, to see what it looked like now – and she couldn't believe what she saw.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/daughter-finds-dead-mother-apos-103855591.html

• Like 5

Google maps is kinda cool like that. If I look up my house, the aerial satellite view shows the tree we had taken down last spring right in the middle of the process of being cut down with sawdust all over the place. It also shows the 1 bedroom apartment we added on last year for my mom to move into. When you zoom into street view, the tree magically reappears along with another tree that we had cut down 2 years ago. The apartment addition disappears on street view as well. 

• Like 2