Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Man crashes £200,000 Ferrari 1 hour after buy

Still Waters

A Ferrari driver had a "miracle escape" when his £200,000 supercar careered off a motorway and burst into flames in a field - after owning it for just an hour.

The high-performance Ferrari 430 Scuderia was reduced to a twisted wreck following the crash on the M1 near junction 37 in South Yorkshire on Thursday afternoon.

South Yorkshire Police said on Twitter the driver lost control before the car "went airborne and burst into flames" in the wet conditions, but walked away with just cuts and bruises.

https://stv.tv/news/uk/1394497-man-has-miracle-escape-after-crashing-200-000-ferrari-an-hour-after-h/

He was lucky to leave with just cuts and bruises!

• Like 4

Wow, total destruction!

His insurance company is going to love that! :wacko:

• Like 3

isn't it simply amazing how this person simply "lost control" and went down a 50 embankment?

I'd wager that this person decided to show off and test the car by speeding; most likely thought he would imitate some stunt driver by taking a hard turn or something.

In short, because of his immaturity he lost money and a car.

I am certain this man is old enough to be cognizant of the fact that roads are slippery when wet and coupled with exhaust and oils...well, it is certainly not a pleasant mix.

He has only himself to blame.

All I can say is that I am glad he was not hurt..it could have ended just as badly for him as it did for the car. Hopefully a lesson is learned but I suspect he will do it again and again until he either ends up in a hospital, dead or ends up killing someone else.

• Like 2

I can drive most manuals but I'd be a little scared with what's under the hood of that small frame. We're talking 50mph in first gear. Lose your footing and you'll be fish tailing in to town.

• Like 1