Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

International Tiger Day - 29th Jul, 2017

Still Waters

The most meaningful photographs are the ones that incite change. Photographer and big cat advocate Steve Winter hopes to inspire conservation efforts through his photographs of tigers, to preserve them in the wild for generations to come.

The tiger is critically endangered with only about 3,890 tigers left in the wild. Habitat loss and retaliatory killings are major factors in the loss of tigers throughout Asia. However, the largest threat comes from poachers who target tigers to sell their “parts” for tiger bone wine and tiger skin furniture to harness the mystical powers of the large cat.

15 Images

http://www.nationalgeographic.com/photography/proof/2017/07/global-tiger-day-steve-winter/

• Like 1

Fancy that ... I just heard the local gossip that there is one that visits the area I am in currently in once or twice a year when the Durians are in season, just for that two particular trees though ... funny that ...

~

Edited by third_eye
spellcheck blindspot
  • Like 1

I my office view at work is much better.......getting to pat daily was amazing.......

3.jpg

1.jpg

16.jpg