Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

New guard steals 100K on first day at work

The Caspian Hare

http://www.nj.com/essex/index.ssf/2017/07/security_guard_allegedly_stole_100k_on_his_first_d.html

FAIRFIELD -- A security officer at a cash vault and armored car company was accused of stealing $100,000 from the business on his first day of work, Fairfield police said Thursday.

• Like 3

The young man will be cared for by the correctional system for a few years, then cared for by the government for the rest of his life, in one way or another.  I find it very difficult to believe that anyone today could actually be this ignorant unless they truly are an imbecile by medical standards.  He couldn't have thought that he wouldn't be observed.  It's sad when you really consider it.  All of this is a consequence of having no educational opportunities, I'd bet on it.  The teachers union is a destructive entity, IMO.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, and then said:

The young man will be cared for by the correctional system for a few years, then cared for by the government for the rest of his life, in one way or another.  I find it very difficult to believe that anyone today could actually be this ignorant unless they truly are an imbecile by medical standards.  He couldn't have thought that he wouldn't be observed.  It's sad when you really consider it.  All of this is a consequence of having no educational opportunities, I'd bet on it.  The teachers union is a destructive entity, IMO.

For sure due to a lack of education and therefore a lack of opportunities. Though i disagree about the teachers union. 

And "correctional system" is really a joke name theses days. For profit prison systems do nothing but breed better criminals. 

Edited by Imaginarynumber1
  • Like 3

You'd think he would case the place for a little while. Lol. 

• Like 1

Who in their right mind would hire a untrained 19 year old to guard a cash vault ?

• Like 1

Having absolutely no impulse control is a problem.  If he worked as a stocker in a grocery store he would likely steal whatever he could fit in his pockets there as well.

• Like 2

100k isn't going to take care of you for the rest of your life, not by a long shot.

Dumb, just dumb!

Even if you got a million and invested it well enough to get 3%, that's only 30k per year. Don't they teach these kids ANYthing about economics?

12 hours ago, ChaosRose said:

You'd think he would case the place for a little while. Lol. 

Nah, this guy came to work late and parked his car in the bosses car parking space.