Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Gnosticism

GlitterRose

38 minutes ago, Stubbly_Dooright said:

I can see how you see this, and I think it's nice of you to defend him. And I use to be one of those who responded to him, until I realize not taking him seriously was the best thing to do. I have come here, more on than off, but through out the more than ten years I have come here, and I have come to see it a lot. There have been a pattern where so many explain to him, on what ever there seems to be a  point of that is not understandable, (what ever it may be) and it's just never ending, with no end in sight of seeing why others understandingly and rightly explain their point. It might not be shown right now, but I have seen so many who have come here and don't any more, because they got no where and just gave up and then a lot left. I just see the same cycle over and over again. 

Me, I don't pay attention to what I think is a wall, and just turn away from that wall. I see a lot of other posters, who I find debate, show good points, show proof, and are humble enough to see that why may have been wrong, when pointed out. And they are not making you feel low enough, when you ( I speak as a general 'you' ) see you may have been wrong and admit it. For me, there are just a lot of things, I find I will not admit to being wrong, if I feel strongly that I'm not. So, I just feel my time is best used to those who are open to debating well. :yes:  

I feel for those who see how the thread is turning, but I think Xeno makes a good example of how one is taking elements of Gnosis and seeing how it might not ( or might, I could be wrong ) be of use to him. Sometimes, life itself, can have a stronger effect and takes over to what you feel strongly of a belief and religion. I think a lot here, have brought forth a lot of good information, Chaos, our wonderful OP here, has shown how it has open up to her, or has in the past.

And  I think that is what is this thread is about, to see who sees what works for them, and who can't see what works for them. And then we're all there to help anyone we can. :) 

Yes indeed, Rose is our Goddess of the Garden of Gnosis. She treads, softly--but when she wants it to--the ground trembles at the sound of her footsteps.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, back to earth said:

He is our Gnostic God now    ( the evil depressed demiurge that he is ... who is solely responsible for making life bad !

Reveal hidden contents

XenoFish

Or to the archons, who are already here ruling this photoshopped reality.

Afer all, in the Sethian myths, isn't Sophia the mother of the dragon-body Demiurge and his many reptilian archons (a la Daenerys Targaryen) ? Isn't her mission, after a fall from the Pleroma and abortion we call reality, to break the wheel of karma once and forever? Despite what new agers might think, isn't Sophia's true nature fair but unbalanced? A thermonuclear spiritual being that will wipe out all case in the cosmos, making God and slug equal?

Edited by Be.cause

• Maybe , but is  the Sethian myth important or overruling the others ?  Sophia is the Holy spirit, the Psyche (soul of Greek myth)  the soul of the world (like anima mundi )   'Wisdom "  , a  ( another )  woman that somehow cause all these problems we have ( like Eve ) .... take you pick .

I prefer to see and learn from her in the  form of Psykhe ;

http://www.theoi.com/Ouranios/Psykhe.html

5 hours ago, Be.cause said:

Or to the archons, who are already here ruling this photoshopped reality.

John Lash was the first person to talk about archons....hmmm....a case of don't believe the hype?

18 hours ago, sees said:

John Lash was the first person to talk about archons....hmmm....a case of don't believe the hype?

The archons are part of the gnostic scriptures found in the Nag Hammadi Library.

''The Gnostics contended the universe was ruled by omnipotent, ignorant beings called the Archons. These godlike bureaucrats kept all true divinity trapped in matter, and often fed on it (as well as the pain and suffering of all sentient beings). We expose the Archons in order to discover a way to defeat them and find ultimate liberation. Are they gods or demons? Are they aliens from outer space? Are they the human ego or society's Establishment? We find the truth and more.''

Edited by Be.cause