Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Orbs or dust?

Fee

Hello I'm new to this forum so please be patient with me! I captured this footage of what looks like orbs in the attached videos.  Can anyone tell me where I might find scientific information relating to research on orbs?  Are these orbs or just dust?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fee

• Imaginarynumber1

• papageorge1

• eugenonegin

One thing to remember is that orbs like all paranormal things are very controversial. There are those that are adamant that there are ghost orbs and those that are adamant that there is no such thing as ghost orbs or any kind of ghostly things.

That said, I happen to be a believer in genuine paranormal orbs but orbs I understand can also occur by optical effects and other natural things. Many people I have come to respect speak of them. I am no expert on orbs so I am not able to tell you what your video shows. But I just wanted to pop in and tell you to remember to listen to both sides. There are plenty of non-believers on this forum but I hope someone who believes in orbs and has studied them some chimes in to give us their side because this is something I wish to learn more about myself. 

Any believers out there fairly knowledgeable about orbs?

Can they ever be seen with the naked eye, or just seen on camera?

• 2 weeks later...

They certainly look like dust, or more likely insects, and as they fly towards and away from your camera's light they brighten and dim as they should.  If you are seeing them, I take it you are looking near the camera?  The things in your first video (didn't check the second) have characteristics that indicate they are quite close to the camera.

Why not experiment and point the camera towards the wall, at about half a metre (20") away? I suspect - if they are bugs - that they will probably buzz around and perhaps land, making their presence obvious.

This topic has been covered in detail elsewhere, eg by yours truly, here: