Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
seeder

Storm stands car upright on its rear wheels

29 posts in this topic

Quote

 

Held UP in traffic! Extraordinary video shows car inexplicably suspended in mid-air during a storm

    A huge storm in West Suffield, Connecticut left a car hanging off its back wheels
    The car can be seen stuck upright as rain lashes down and traffic draws to a halt
    The video was filmed by a shocked couple in the opposite row of traffic
    Storms have brought rain, lightning, gusty winds of 60 mph in Connecticut


Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4761866/video-shows-car-suspended-mid-air-storm.html#ixzz4os738Jam

 

 

 

5 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I`m calling that out as fake.

While cars standing up vertically can happen with one of the photos its quite apparent that the cars centre of gravity wouldnt be positioned to allow it. It take hurricane strength winds to keep it stood up yet there is no evidence of such a strong winds effects on the other vehicles.

 

Edited by RabidMongoose
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have you not seen the fire department pic of the front end entangled up in overhead wires? Not sure how it got so entangled but that pic looks legit.

6 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, RabidMongoose said:

I`m calling that out as fake.

While cars standing up vertically can happen with one of the photos its quite apparent that the cars centre of gravity wouldnt be positioned to allow it. It take hurricane strength winds to keep it stood up yet there is no evidence of such a strong winds effects on the other vehicles.

 

No it's not fake. The car got hung up on telephone lines. Here's another angle.

 

carupright.jpg

7 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

#1, thanks for the laughters

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, RabidMongoose said:

I`m calling that out as fake.

While cars standing up vertically can happen with one of the photos its quite apparent that the cars centre of gravity wouldnt be positioned to allow it. It take hurricane strength winds to keep it stood up yet there is no evidence of such a strong winds effects on the other vehicles.

 

Did you even bother to read the article in full?

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, goodgodno said:

Did you even bother to read the article in full?

With photoshop these days, people seem to make that leap at first glance assuming an image is fraud. Not always.

This image would appear fake but it's real. It was taken in the Ozarks at a river where the water is so crystal clear

that the kayak seems to be floating on air.

 

canoe.jpg

8 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was hoping it ran into a cloacked klingon bird of prey lol.

5 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly, folks, if you are not 100% sure of your driving skills, then either don't go out in the crappy weather or take a class or two.

They may cost a few $$, but they help, a LOT.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are a couple of dash cam videos of similar incidents on YT

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

On 06/08/2017 at 2:56 PM, Hawkin said:

 

....the kayak seems to be floating on air.

 

canoe.jpg

Especially if you disregard the water! ;)

Edited by taniwha
Add cheeky face
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The drivers account of what happened -

Quote

Mom recounts terrifying moments when car gets tangled in wires

A Connecticut mother remained calm as she communicated to a dispatcher while she and her kids in a car was tangled in possibly live electrical wires and suspended on a pole. 

http://www.wfsb.com/story/36056232/911-calls-released-after-car-gets-caught-on-power-lines-in-ct

 

5 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK, it's not a fake.  Can you imagine the wind velocity needed to lift the car?  That's scary enough that people were out in that type of weather in the first place.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

This is 100% fake. Care has been taken to produce a good fake but still the evidence of image manipulation exists.

If you zoom into the picture with paint you can see image blurring of the car along its edges which also blurs the background. The blurring is an effect applied to stop you realising the car has been pasted in.

evidence is here.png

Edited by RabidMongoose

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, RabidMongoose said:

This is 100% fake. Care has been taken to produce a good fake but still the evidence of image manipulation exists.

If you zoom into the picture with paint you can see image blurring of the car along its edges which also blurs the background. The blurring is an effect applied to stop you realising the car has been pasted in.

evidence is here.png

 

:lol:  youre such a professional hoax buster you use MS Paint?  :lol:

 

perhaps the woman is a liar too? And the fire service? And fox news?


 

Quote

 

Suffield family grateful to first responders who rescued them after dramatic accident

“I was panicking but I did understand obviously,” she said. “They knew that we were in the car. I knew that we were safe.”

Beaulieu said, “The dispatcher was amazing, the firefighters, everybody that approached us and helped us out made my kids feel very safe. The EMS team that took us out of the scene were so, so good with my kids. They just made us feel so calm and safe, and so that made the situation better.”

http://fox61.com/2017/08/03/suffield-family-grateful-to-first-responders-who-rescued-them-after-dramatic-accident/


 

 

5 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

5 hours ago, RabidMongoose said:

This is 100% fake. Care has been taken to produce a good fake but still the evidence of image manipulation exists.

If you zoom into the picture with paint you can see image blurring of the car along its edges which also blurs the background. The blurring is an effect applied to stop you realising the car has been pasted in.

evidence is here.png

it got caught up in the cables, there is nothing fake about the cars position or the cables. You can see the pole - without  zooming in on paint.

Did you see post 5? nothing is fake about this picture. How do you explain the reflection  of the trees on the cars windows, bonnet  and  roof....they are in line with how the car is angled,

Edited by freetoroam
4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, RabidMongoose said:

 

If you zoom into the picture

 

 

Its a video. Not a picture.....so tell me how they faked a video?

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, freetoroam said:

it got caught up in the cables, there is nothing fake about the cars position or the cables. You can see the pole - without  zooming in on paint.

Did you see post 5? nothing is fake about this picture. How do you explain the reflection  of the trees on the cars windows, bonnet  and  roof....they are in line with how the car is angled,

Sure, its real just because other people say it is.

The reflection in the car window is not off the trees we can see. And again, if you zoom in you can see both lighting disturbances and blurring around the car where the creator has tried (quite well but not perfectly) to insert a video of a car into one of trees and a road as a background. Its fake. If you have ever tried this yourself you will be familiar with the problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

Sure, its real just because other people say it is.

The reflection in the car window is not off the trees we can see. And again, if you zoom in you can see both lighting disturbances and blurring around the car where the creator has tried (quite well but not perfectly) to insert a video of a car into one of trees and a road as a background. Its fake. If you have ever tried this yourself you will be familiar with the problem.

absolutely ridiculous.

Have you seen the video? that is not fake. The car is not standing up by its self, it is caught up in the cables. 

And it is not "real just because other people say it is.", it is real because it was recorded, the fire service is there, are they pasted in as well? . I can not believe you are even questioning this video. How can you not see the reflections on the bonnet, windows and roof  as being real? how can you not even see the car caught up in the cables?

 

 

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

Sure, its real just because other people say it is.

 

Its real because its real. None of the major news networks that run the story have cried fake, we even have the call to the emergency services


 

Quote

 

Mom recounts terrifying moments when car gets tangled in wires  (emergency call)..Plus vid

http://www.wfsb.com/story/36056232/mom-recounts-terrifying-moments-when-car-gets-tangled-in-wires


 

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fire service posting from their facebook page about this event...with images if you visit facebook and scroll down their page

 

 
Quote

 

Mountain Road is closed between Ratley Road and the Stone St.'s intersection. Please seek an alternate route. Single car MVA, all occupants were safely extricated with the help of FD, PD, and Eversource.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

Sure, its real just because other people say it is.

 

 :lol: You could have just visited the fire services page or the cops page at Facebook.... or their own websites if they have them  Instead of wasting time on imaging programs  

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, seeder said:

 :lol: You could have just visited the fire services page or the cops page at Facebook.... or their own websites if they have them  Instead of wasting time on imaging programs  

I think you missed the intended sarcasm.

Its 100% fake and obvious too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

I think you missed the intended sarcasm.

Its 100% fake and obvious too.

 

why bother putting it in MS Paint then and drawing black circles where it was allegedly image blurred?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.