Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bizarre Beast of the Land Between the Lakes

rashore

In the world of strange mystery beasts there are some that are certainly stranger than others, and some that are more frightening than others as well. Then there are those that are both, hitting just the right balance of the bizarre and the terrifying. This is exactly the sort of strange beast that is said to hunt the forests of a patch of wilderness in the U.S. states of Kentucky and Tennessee. It is a deeply odd case of a creature that seems to not fit into any clear classification, and is just as horrifying as it is utterly weird.

Located in rural Kentucky and Tennessee, in the United states, tucked between Lake Barkley and Kentucky Lake is a national recreation area called the Land Between the Lakes, which was originally formed by President John F. Kennedy in 1963. Besides its modern designation as a recreation area, encompassing 170,000 acres of forest, over 300 miles of shoreline, and hundreds of miles of hiking trials, the area has also long been plagued by a variety of high strangeness such as roving phantoms, Indian curses, and mysterious lights, but perhaps the most bizarre is the history of strange tales of a bizarre, bipedal creature which prowls the landscape here and has been called the “The Beast Between the Rivers” as well as the “Beast of the Land Between the Lakes.”

http://mysteriousuniverse.org/2017/08/the-bizarre-beast-of-the-land-between-the-lakes/

• Like 3

Great bit of reading but true ..... maybe the place looks really great I'd love to go and have a look but it's a bit of a hike from the uk lol

Interesting read OP, are there things out in the deep woods that lurk? One never knows how much old folklore has moments of truth. 

Still gives reason to think about taking a side arm of sorts when camping or hiking. Maybe not for so much of a sudden run in with something unknown, but the true reality of the world is there are many lunatics and nuts running loose among us every day. 

But in my opinion I think there might be things out there in this world that will always remain unknown. Stories such as this I've always enjoyed because it let my reasonable mind wonder outside the box.

Edited by Fishing the Styx
  • Like 1

strangely similar in resemblance with chupacabra 

• 1 month later...
On 8/11/2017 at 3:55 AM, Rajalord27 said:

misidentified bear sightings 

Thank you for the Monday morning quarterbacking.