Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Turkey to build wall on Iranian border

The Caspian Hare

Turkey has started building a wall along its border with Iran in parallel with the Turkish barrier along the Syrian frontier, a Turkish media report says.

Turkey’s private Dogan news agency said on Tuesday that the governor of Agri province, Suleyman Elban, had visited the construction process of the security wall.

It added that Ankara is constructing the 2-meter wide, 3-meter high wall with portable blocks.

Turkey claims that the construction work is aimed at improving security by halting the infiltration of Kurdistan Workers' Party (PKK) militants and illegal smugglers.

http://www.presstv.ir/Detail/2017/08/08/531122/Iran-Turkey-Syria-border-wall-Dogan-Agri-Suleyman-Elban-PKK-PJAK

• Like 1

Why among dictators? Good walls make good neighbours. :) or so Robert frost claimed. :)

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Be.cause said:

Building walls seems to be a new trend among dictators.

Erdogan isn't a dictator... he's a Caliph. (or seemingly wants to be :P )

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bavarian Raven said:

Why among dictators? Good walls make good neighbours. :) or so Robert frost claimed. :)

Robert Frost’s poem, “Mending Wall,” reiterates the confusion that the proverb suggests. In the poem, two neighbors walk the length of their dividing wall each spring to mend whatever has fallen off. The speaker does not understand the purpose of the fence; however, his neighbor merely repeats the phrase, “good fences make good neighbors.” The speaker has no alternative but to continue this ritual with his neighbor each year despite his own belief that mending the wall is a waste of time.''

http://quotes.yourdictionary.com/articles/who-said-good-fences-make-good-neighbors.html

Edited by Be.cause
  • Like 2

On 8/10/2017 at 7:05 AM, RoofGardener said:

Erdogan isn't a dictator... he's a Caliph. (or seemingly wants to be :P )

I think it's pretty weird that after all of his evil stunts, it took this for some people to admit he's a monster?

And this guy is also one of two leaders in the Muddle East that really should be in a padded cell, the other one being the King of the Saudis. 

When you make even the Iranians scratch their heads and take a step back, you gotta know you have issues. 

• Like 2

Umm... what makes you say that AnchorSteam ? I wasn't aware that anyone was calling him a monster ? 

4 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

Umm... what makes you say that AnchorSteam ? I wasn't aware that anyone was calling him a monster ? 

Then can I be the first?

• Like 2

10 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

Erdogan vows to punish thought crimes

http://www.al-monitor.com/pulse/originals/2016/03/turkey-erdogan-introduces-new-thought-crimes.html

The violence of Erdoğan’s bodyguards in Washington DC is Turkey's new normal

https://www.theguardian.com/world/commentisfree/2017/may/22/erdogan-turkey-protests-washington-dc

German MPs file war crimes suit against Erdogan

https://www.thelocal.de/20160627/german-mps-file-war-crimes-suit-against-erdogan

• Like 1

Yeah, whatever happened to that German war crimes suite, filed back in early 2016 ? 

Oh wait... absolutely nothing. It has sunk without trace. So much, then, for the German MP's. 

• Like 2

On 8/12/2017 at 0:22 PM, RoofGardener said:

Yeah, whatever happened to that German war crimes suite, filed back in early 2016 ? 

Oh wait... absolutely nothing. It has sunk without trace. So much, then, for the German MP's. 

i think it was settled long time ago. i know many soviet Jewish immigrants who lived thru ww2 got paid, concentration camp survivors got paid even more,  of course it did not happen without scams, here few lawyers were arrested over faking info so people who were born after ww2 got paid too,

Edited by aztek

I think perhaps you misunderstand me A

1 minute ago, aztek said:

i think it was settled long time ago. i know many soviet immigrants who lived thru ww2 got paid, concentration camp survivors got paid even more,  of course it did not happen without scams, here few lawyers were arrested over faking info so people who were born after ww2 got paid too,

Umm...  yeah.. but .. I'm not talking about ww2. I'm talking about 2016 ? 

What is your opinion about the "war crimes suite" in the post ? Has anything happened ? 

Or was it just a cynical attempt to score political points ? 

Just now, RoofGardener said:

I think perhaps you misunderstand me A

Umm...  yeah.. but .. I'm not talking about ww2. I'm talking about 2016 ? 

What is your opinion about the "war crimes suite" in the post ? Has anything happened ? 

Or was it just a cynical attempt to score political points ? 

oops, i had no idea someone filed a suite in 2016 over war crimes? what war? 

even without knowing i think it had to be political move, cuz ww2 suite settled and there was no other wars germany was involved after that, not counting iraq  war, thou i may be wrong