Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Astral Projection?

Deadlybelladonna

10 hours ago, cluey said:

astral projection... takes a lot of conscious effort to achieve

My first time incidentally happened while I was awake as result of my thinking myself in mortal danger.  Next, it unconsciously occurred while I slept and, then, by conscious volition when I started to lucid dream.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, aka CAT said:

As you always believed your astral self appeared to her, are you sure her memory isn't based upon your repeating the story?

Thank you for your reply aka CAT, i can confirm that the first time and the time recently are the only times that this has been brought up. We haven't ever discussed the event with her except at the time and when she brought it up recently. My belief of the event was always kept to myself. Her memory is her own.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, WhispersInTheAttic said:

Has anyone actually experienced this more than once? Is it someone can control or something that occurs while sleeping? I only know so much and I'd like to hear more experiences from others. :)

In addition to the first sticky thread therein, you'll find much information in the sub-section below:

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/forum/120-dreams-amp-consciousness/

On 8/9/2017 at 7:34 PM, Deadlybelladonna said:

Hello all,

I'm new but i know that you already knew that!

I stumbled across this forum and have been silently scrolling through some of the posts with great interest.

I wanted to share an experience with you to see what could be made of the situation.

When my daughter was 2, she was trying to wake me in bed. She'd climbed into bed with me and we'd continued our sleep for another hour or so before she decided she wanted to get up. She shook my arm and called my name until i woke up. When i awoke she told me how in the process of trying to wake me up i appeared to her at the bottom of the bed, then when i started to wake from my position in the bed the 'me' standing at the bottom of the bed disappeared.

She's now 9 and has become interested in unexplained experiences and as our family has had few we've talked about them with her, she brought the subject up of this event recently and i thought it would be interesting to get other perspectives on the occurrence.

I always believed that as my daughter tried to wake me up and i was too tired to be roused from my sleep, my 'astral self' appeared to tend to her and when my physical self was ready to wake up, it came back to me. She was and is still quite adamant that the 'me' at the bottom of the bed disappeared at the same instant that i awoke.

My daughter has always had an uncannily excellent memory- the way she describes what happened is exactly the same as the first time she told me.

Thank you for your input.

Hi there! I am aware that ghosts can project anything to confuse you, make you feel more comfortable or simply project something you think you can validate. (My opinion comes from personal experience)  It seems to me that your little girl can sense quite a bit. My honest opinion is that you were not sleeping in bed and appeared at the end of the bed at the same time to your little one. Tell me more, what is the theme in your house?  Cold spots? Sightings? Misplaced items etc. Someone is trying to get her attention, we need to figure out why. 

• Like 1

On ‎8‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 10:34 PM, Deadlybelladonna said:

I always believed that as my daughter tried to wake me up and i was too tired to be roused from my sleep, my 'astral self' appeared to tend to her and when my physical self was ready to wake up, it came back to me. She was and is still quite adamant that the 'me' at the bottom of the bed disappeared at the same instant that i awoke.

Good story! Who knows? I have heard from the sources I respect that in normal sleep the astral body hovers a short distance from the physical body, so your interpretation makes some sense. Also I have come to believe two-year olds are less settled into their physical experiences and can more readily sense astral presences.

• Like 1

Astroprogection usually implies the person themselves "sees" the image, or out of body experience. It could have been a demonic entity. 

On 8/11/2017 at 10:36 PM, aka CAT said:

My first time incidentally happened while I was awake as result of my thinking myself in mortal danger.  Next, it unconsciously occurred while I slept and, then, by conscious volition when I started to lucid dream.

Yes, lucid dreaming and astral projection are connected.

• Like 1