Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 3
RabidMongoose

VR Headsets

VR Headset   7 members have voted

  1. 1. What VR Headset will you be buying?

    • Samsung Gear VR
      0
    • Oculus Rift
      1
    • HTC Vive
      1
    • Sony Playstation VR
      0
    • Pimax 4k/8k
      0
    • Acer VR
      1
    • HP VR
      0
    • Asus VR
      0
    • Dell VR
      0
    • None - I`m not interested
      4

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

14 posts in this topic

Will you be buying a VR headset, if so what, and what do you think the future holds for this new tech?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

I got a gear VR for free when I bought an s7. I used it twice and it's sat in a drawer ever since.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You need another option : none , I dont have that kind of expendable income. 

Personally I'd love to have a set for porn  LOL 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

You need another option : none , I dont have that kind of expendable income. 

Personally I'd love to have a set for porn  LOL 

Apparently, porn is set to make a lot out of VR.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

You need another option : none , I dont have that kind of expendable income. 

Personally I'd love to have a set for porn  LOL 

Thats a good response - too expensive.

Yet you dont know about Acer, HP, Dell or Asus headets? That says to me marketing has been poor of the new cheaper releases earlier this month.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

You need another option : none , I dont have that kind of expendable income. 

Personally I'd love to have a set for porn  LOL 

Reminds of the time when those massive big and super wide screens started to hit the market ... everyone was so eager to get that first 'look'

After a few minutes the topic was never raised again ... much like I had my first look at the new Super HD resolutions in porn ... queasy it made me ...

The thing I enjoy most with the new 4kSuper res views is the Documentaries/ Travel Shows and such ... but the cameras ain't quite up to the job yet ... things still have that 'artificial postcard 'gleam' to it .... maybe in a few years VR can carry the torch from there though I'm not sure VR can handle that kind of resolutions and colors.

~

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RabidMongoose said:

Thats a good response - too expensive.

Yet you dont know about Acer, HP, Dell or Asus headets? That says to me marketing has been poor of the new cheaper releases earlier this month.

No i actually havent heard of any of those. In terms of marketing I think the Samsung is probably the only advertising ive seen. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

No i actually havent heard of any of those. In terms of marketing I think the Samsung is probably the only advertising ive seen. 

Putting side Google`s cardboard box thingy then Samsung is actually way out in the lead. It sells more than the other VRs combined. But its mobile only so no PC games on it. In terms of PC games its HP, Dell, Acer and Asus who all release(d) their VR headsets in partnership with Microsoft this month. Acer is the cheapest at $299. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/collections/vrandmixedrealityheadsets

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RabidMongoose said:

Putting side Google`s cardboard box thingy then Samsung is actually way out in the lead. It sells more than the other VRs combined. But its mobile only so no PC games on it. In terms of PC games its HP, Dell, Acer and Asus who all release(d) their VR headsets in partnership with Microsoft this month. Acer is the cheapest at $299. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/collections/vrandmixedrealityheadsets

Do you own one? How much real life application does this have? Or does it have any at all? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

9 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Do you own one? How much real life application does this have? Or does it have any at all? 

I haven't brought one yet. I am trying to gauge market knowledge and interest to see if the websites predicting that VR Headsets will be trending in 2017/8 to 2022 are correct. Before I go and buy a load of shares to get rich off it. I expect a surge, the shares to peak (when I will sell), and then retreat as its discovered the coming success of this tech was over-hyped.

For myself the HP looks the best by far. But Pimax is the only VR headset offering 4k (2 x 4k or 8k as they call it) which is still cheaper than the HTC Vive. Their so called 4k headset (2 x 2k) is still twice the resolution every other headset is offering and $299.

Edited by RabidMongoose
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You needed to include another option - Generic

I bought one for $8.   It fits good and is comfortable.   There are several free apps for them.   Some are pretty dumb, but I can see the potential.   One called Sisters is pretty neat.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You need the option other. I made my own.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone that brings me to the O.A.S.I.S. I guess :P 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interested... but not yet.

 

The current level of interaction has no gravity for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 3

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.