Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
UM-Bot

Ghost experiences ?

2 posts in this topic

By: Jacob | Location: United States

I'm not really sure how to start off this story so I will just go for it. A few years ago I moved into this new unfinished house. I had to live in the basement which didn't have any floor or walls, so I was basically out in the open all the time. At first it was just kind of scary living in that basement, but then paranormal things started happening. 

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/stories/111894/ghost-experiences

''Johnny: The ghost of Gladstone villa''.

My family and I lived at a large property called Gladstone villa in the former mining town of Bargoed in the Caerphilly county borough of the South Wales valleys (UK) during the 1970's.

We experienced phenomena that simply defied rational explanation like footsteps that would be regularly heard in the main bedroom when we'd all be downstairs watching television, one of us would turn the volume down to hear it more clearly.

We also had some minor poltergeist activity, lights would go off and on and I witnessed electrical cables being pulled by unseen forces !

There was also the occasional sighting but there was very rare indeed, so rare in fact that In all the years I was there I didn't see it, but my mother and my grandfather did though.

My mother said it all started off rather quietly soon after I was born in the August of 1969, they would hear little taps hear and there but the family took little notice of it, then it increased !

My mother said the family heard what sounded like somebody jumping from the attic and on to the landing floor, naturally thinking that someone was trying to break in my family went to see what was going on, but they found nobody there and the hatch to the attic was open !

Whatever it was eventually occupied itself in the main bedroom, which incidentally belonged to my grandparents, and it didn't take long to make its presence felt.

Footsteps would be heard walking around the bedroom, sometimes during the day then it would stop suddenly !

As I got older I I experienced it for myself, I too heard the footsteps that would occur in the bedroom, always in the bedroom and nowhere else, much to my relief !

I also witnessed the poltergeist activity, I actually saw the cables being pulled and my grandfather would get angry just in case it caused any damage.

Mrs Ivy France was a family friend, more of a friend of my grandmother Rita, she liked her bingo at the local hall and read the tea leaves.

She didn't believe my grandmother at first when she was told that Gladstone villa was haunted, she went into the bedroom and said it was vibration from the traffic outside causing it, but her opinion was soon to change
when she experienced it for herself, but she was not
frightened by it, she got the local medium involved.

When he arrived he started asking the family questions and then he began to challenge the spirit by knocking on the ceiling, and it immediately knocked back at him !!

At some point the medium went into a trance to try and make contact, but he failed to get a name, but he later confirmed that there was indeed a presence there and it was an earthbound spirit, it came back to finish what it had not done in life.

A priest was also called to Gladstone villa, after a few prayers he blessed the property and duly left and it was quiet for a few short months after that, but it did return and this time it showed itself !!

One evening we were watching television, my grandmother was reading a book on the sofa when my mother just happened to look to her left towards my grandmother and she saw the full figure of a monk standing behind the sofa my grandmother was on, we didn't my grandfather and I didn't see it as we were watching television but my mother later described in detail what she saw.

She said she saw the full figure of a monk, complete in brown habit with hood over the head, so she didn't see his face.

She said was surprised that she didn't scream at the sight but she said it was there for only a moment or two, enough to describe what it looked like.

We left Gladstone villa in the Summer of 1978 when two local business men bought the property and it was eventually converted in to a hotel, its name changed to 'The parc hotel '' .

I had my 40th birthday there in August 2009 for old times sake and the staff told me of their own experiences.

What I have said here is the truth and I challenge any skeptic to stay there, they will indeed question their belief system, of that I have no doubt at all what so ever.