Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
sees

Widespread Slavery + Trafficking uncovered

40 posts in this topic

6 people like this

Oh my God. That's awful.

I knew it was bad, but that rampant? Really? Geez.

2 people like this

A relatively recent phenomenon in the UK, wonder why it's so widespread these day, guess we'll never know.

4 people like this

Posted (edited)

45 minutes ago, itsnotoutthere said:

A relatively recent phenomenon in the UK, wonder why it's so widespread these day, guess we'll never know.

Unless prostitution is a 'relatively recent phenomenon' in the UK, you're comment is complete crap.

And it's never been just immigrants exploiting people in the other ways that qualify as slavery. There are British monsters too, you'll be surprised to hear.

"Modern slavery's always been a hidden problem and what's happened since we passed the Modern Slavery Act in 2015 is more and more light is being thrown onto this problem, and rather like child abuse in the past, it's always been there but people were not aware of it, and as they become more aware of it, we uncover the true extent of the problem."

Edited by ExpandMyMind
1 person likes this

1 minute ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Unless prostitution is a 'relatively recent phenomenon' in the UK, you're comment is complete crap.

And it's never been just immigrants exploiting people in the other ways that qualify as slavery. There are British monsters too, you'll be surprised to hear.

I didn't mention immigrants.....what are you trying to say?

10 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

This slavery isn't just  prostitution if you had read the article you would have seen:

Modern slaves in the UK, often said to be hiding in plain sight, are working in nail bars, construction sites, brothels, cannabis farms and in agriculture.

5 people like this

15 minutes ago, OverSword said:

This slavery isn't just  prostitution if you had read the article you would have seen:

I mentioned that in the post you referenced. My point was that this form of slavery has existed for as long as prostitution.

27 minutes ago, itsnotoutthere said:

I didn't mention immigrants.....what are you trying to say?

Considering you usually only post anti-immigrant and anti-muslim comments, and usually with snidey, one sentence comments like the one above, I think it's safe to assume that you were having another dig at this country's immigration and/or immigrants themselves.

Posted (edited)

31 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

I mentioned that in the post you referenced. My point was that this form of slavery has existed for as long as prostitution.

Considering you usually only post anti-immigrant and anti-muslim comments, and usually with snidey, one sentence comments like the one above, I think it's safe to assume that you were having another dig at this country's immigration and/or immigrants themselves.

Ah so you made the mental connection with slavery and immigrants........hmm...interesting.

Edited by itsnotoutthere

10 minutes ago, itsnotoutthere said:

Ah so you made the mental connection with slavery and immigrants........hmm...interesting.

Only after reading your comment. Like I said, it's practically the only type of comment you make.

47 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Only after reading your comment. Like I said, it's practically the only type of comment you make.

Yes, I admit, I do get a bit feisty after every islamic terror attack.

Perhaps I should lay off the forum for a while, at least until the next one.....so, be back real soon then.

1 minute ago, eugeneonegin said:

I find it hard to believe slavery exists in modern Britain, but here you go:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lincolnshire-40899839

I know.  I heard that today.  Unbelievable!  One of them enslaved for 26 years!  That's incredibly tragic and sad...can't get those years back.

Why were most of them released on bail?  They are scum and deserve to be jailed for at least 26 years.

3 people like this

8 hours ago, itsnotoutthere said:

I think we all know what you were trying to insinuate here. To deny it is simply dishonest of you. 

But, who knows,  you may be right. You have a hypothesis. Now the important question is evidence. I assume you have a source to support your claim that this is a recent phenomenon? Care to share it? 

2 people like this

5 minutes ago, Setton said:

I think we all know what you were trying to insinuate here. To deny it is simply dishonest of you. 

But, who knows,  you may be right. You have a hypothesis. Now the important question is evidence. I assume you have a source to support your claim that this is a recent phenomenon? Care to share it? 

Well, it has nothing to do with immigration, apart from the fact that immigrants, having comparatively few rights, are likely to become victims.

Is this what is being suggested?

Because it is probably spot on, in my opinion.

37 minutes ago, eugeneonegin said:

Well, it has nothing to do with immigration, apart from the fact that immigrants, having comparatively few rights, are likely to become victims.

Is this what is being suggested?

Because it is probably spot on, in my opinion.

That's my perception too but I highly doubt it's what itsnotoutthere was suggesting.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

7 hours ago, Setton said:

My initial post (no mention of immigration you'll notice) "A relatively recent phenomenon in the UK, wonder why it's so widespread these day, guess we'll never know."

https://www.theguardian.com/law/2016/jul/10/modern-slavery-on-rise-in-uk

https://www.antislavery.org/slavery-today/slavery-uk/

http://www.palatinate.org.uk/slavery-a-scarily-modern-phenomenon/

Setton & Expand......I will accept your apologies.

Edited by itsnotoutthere

2 hours ago, itsnotoutthere said:

My initial post (no mention of immigration you'll notice) "A relatively recent phenomenon in the UK, wonder why it's so widespread these day, guess we'll never know."

https://www.theguardian.com/law/2016/jul/10/modern-slavery-on-rise-in-uk

https://www.antislavery.org/slavery-today/slavery-uk/

http://www.palatinate.org.uk/slavery-a-scarily-modern-phenomenon/

Setton & Expand......I will accept your apologies.

No mention of immigration from me either but I notice you brought it up here.

Your links don't show it's a recent phenomenon. They show an increasing awareness of it. As in the OP, it's only now that authorities are beginning to realise how many victims there are. That doesn't mean the number of actual victims is increasing, only the number we know about.

Even if your position is correct, what is your explanation if it's not linked to immigration?

9 minutes ago, Setton said:

No mention of immigration from me either but I notice you brought it up here.

Your links don't show it's a recent phenomenon. They show an increasing awareness of it. As in the OP, it's only now that authorities are beginning to realise how many victims there are. That doesn't mean the number of actual victims is increasing, only the number we know about.

Even if your position is correct, what is your explanation if it's not linked to immigration?

Ah right, I see what you're saying. We've always had this in the UK, but it's only now the police are starting to realise there's a problem ....ok I get you now.

2 minutes ago, itsnotoutthere said:

Ah right, I see what you're saying. We've always had this in the UK, but it's only now the police are starting to realise there's a problem ....ok I get you now.

From the article in the OP:

"Modern slavery's always been a hidden problem and what's happened since we passed the Modern Slavery Act in 2015 is more and more light is being thrown onto this problem, and rather like child abuse in the past, it's always been there but people were not aware of it, and as they become more aware of it, we uncover the true extent of the problem."

It was also quoted in one of my replies to you, if you had bothered to read it. The law changed, and as a result more of these cases have been brought to light.

And I can't quite believe you're still adamant that you weren't insinuating that it was immigrants and/or muslims who were the cause of the "rise". The only posts you make are little sarcastic sentences about immigrants or minorities. You're like the British Sweetpumper. 

13 minutes ago, itsnotoutthere said:

Realise the scale of the problem rather than that there is a problem, but in essence, yes.

13 hours ago, sees said:

I know.  I heard that today.  Unbelievable!  One of them enslaved for 26 years!  That's incredibly tragic and sad...can't get those years back.

Why were most of them released on bail?  They are scum and deserve to be jailed for at least 26 years.

The Police have been busy.

"The vulnerable victims, some as young as 14, were exploited by a "cynical organisation", a court heard.

The 17 men and one woman were convicted of rape, supplying drugs and conspiracy to incite prostitution.
Over the course of four trials, 20 young women gave evidence covering a period from 2011 to 2014.
These trials involved 26 defendants facing a total of more than 100 charges and 22 victims.

Those prosecuted were from the Bangladeshi, Pakistani, Indian, Iraqi, Iranian and Turkish communities and mainly British-born, with most living in the West End of Newcastle."

Source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-40879427

Apart from the police now getting up to speed on this appalling discovery of mass slavery here in UK and bringing the low life culprits to justice, the fact that it has now become exposed in the media (e.g. main news) may well act as a catalyst to free the poor enslaved victims before others get caught.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I knew, i just bloody knew it.

Two days ago the main story was.(below) - The BBC had no other option but to run it, Me being the cynic i am, i thought the BBC wont like running the story Asian men drugging and raping white girls, with the authorities saying its a cultural problem that needs addressing. and not ignored in fear of being racist. - Such a story I thought they wont run this story for long, they'll need to top trump it, surprise surprise 'modern slavery' takes it place.

Operation Sanctuary: Newcastle child sex network convicted

_97268047_sanctuary_18_comp.jpg

Eighteen people have been convicted of abusing girls in Newcastle who were plied with alcohol and drugs before being forced to have sex.

The vulnerable victims, some as young as 14, were exploited by a "cynical organisation", a court heard.

The 17 men and one woman were convicted of rape, supplying drugs and conspiracy to incite prostitution.

Over the course of four trials, 20 young women gave evidence covering a period from 2011 to 2014.

These trials involved 26 defendants facing a total of more than 100 charges and 22 victims.

Those prosecuted were from the Bangladeshi, Pakistani, Indian, Iraqi, Iranian and Turkish communities and mainly British-born, with most living in the West End of Newcastle.

Of the 26, three people have been jailed. The rest will be sentenced next month.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-40879427

Edited by stevewinn
1 person likes this

1 hour ago, stevewinn said:

I knew, i just bloody knew it.

Two days ago the main story was.(below) - The BBC had no other option but to run it, Me being the cynic i am, i thought the BBC wont like running the story Asian men drugging and raping white girls, with the authorities saying its a cultural problem that needs addressing. and not ignored in fear of being racist. - Such a story I thought they wont run this story for long, they'll need to top trump it, surprise surprise 'modern slavery' takes it place.

What are you on about? It's two different stories about completely different subjects. And the one you posted still exists.

1 person likes this