Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Last time God intervened in the World?

Ozymandias

When was the last time God stuck his nose into human affairs? I do not mean interfering in one person's or a couple of people's life but did something that effected all humanity.

Why did he bother?

Why hasn't he bothered since?

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

Super bowl 16.

No cigar, my friend. I guess you didn't read the OP. Objectively the Superbowl cannot be considerd to have 'effected all humanity'.

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, third_eye said:

2005 UEFA Champions League Final - Wikipedia

The 2005 UEFA Champions League Final was the final match of the 2004–05 UEFA Champions League, Europe's primary club football competition.

Man of the Match‎: ‎Steven Gerrard‎ (Liverpool)
Referee‎: ‎Manuel Mejuto González‎ (‎Spain‎)
Date‎: ‎25 May 2005
Attendance‎: ‎69,600

~

Miracle of Istanbul

~

[00.03:02]

~

You may have three eyes but you didn't read the OP! Objectively, no football match can be said to have 'effected all humanity'. Try again.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

No cigar, my friend. I guess you didn't read the OP. Objectively the Superbowl cannot be considerd to have 'effected all humanity'.

Of course it did. Obviously, you're not human.

• Like 9

1 minute ago, Hammerclaw said:

Of course it did. Obviously, you're not human.

Sad really. Obviously, you are not objective! :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ozymandias said:

When was the last time God stuck his nose into human affairs? I do not mean interfering in one person's or a couple of people's life but did something that effected all humanity.

Why did he bother?

no such thing as god

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Scudbuster said:

Well, fact is, "he"never has intervened, because "he" doesn't exist.............he has only existed in the minds of many people over the millennia.

yep

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Scudbuster said:

Well, fact is, "he"never has intervened, because "he" doesn't exist.............he has only existed in the minds of many people over the millennia.

Fact is, mate, 'he' obviously doesn't exist in your mind! Does that mean 'he' doesn't exist outside it? 

Didn't 'he' cause the Biblical Flood and supervise Noah in building an Ark? That effected all humanity.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

no such thing as god

I know that. God isn't a thing.

• Like 2

I'm not quite sure these recent threads are anymore than religion bashing?

As part of Terms of Service here at UM. We require that all posters show respect for the beliefs of others.

A link to these Terms of Service aka the Rules. Can be found at the bottom of every page.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

Sad really. Obviously, you are not objective! :)

Neither are you, since your question is predicated on two unverifiable assumptions. One, that God exists, two, God intervenes in human affairs. So, your question is leading because of built-in bias.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

Fact is, mate, 'he' obviously doesn't exist in your mind! Does that mean 'he' doesn't exist outside it? 

Didn't 'he' cause the Biblical Flood and supervise Noah in building an Ark? That effected all humanity.

Flooding is part of nature and the building of any craft is done by man.

do not underestimate the human race.....they are quite capable of building things on their own.

If god were real he would be believed by all of mankind...especially lf he had made man, but he did not. 

Now nature on the other hand is a fact...no man on Earth can deny its existence and power and the effect it has on the whole of mankind. 

Some want to believe its gods will, some do not, but were we are divided in the beliefs of any god existing..we are not divided about the power of nature.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, third_eye said:

2005 UEFA Champions League Final - Wikipedia

The 2005 UEFA Champions League Final was the final match of the 2004–05 UEFA Champions League, Europe's primary club football competition.

Man of the Match‎: ‎Steven Gerrard‎ (Liverpool)
Referee‎: ‎Manuel Mejuto González‎ (‎Spain‎)
Date‎: ‎25 May 2005
Attendance‎: ‎69,600

~

Miracle of Istanbul

~

26 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

You may have three eyes but you didn't read the OP! Objectively, no football match can be said to have 'effected all humanity'. Try again.

Liverpool FC is the third* most important club, in the most important sport in the world. Of couse it effect humanity. :P (Thats was the best game ever !)

*) Numbers one and two are obviously Real Madrid and Brøndby IF

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Kismit said:

I'm not quite sure these recent threads are anymore than religion bashing?

As part of Terms of Service here at UM. We require that all posters show respect for the beliefs of others.

A link to these Terms of Service aka the Rules. Can be found at the bottom of every page.

I am thinking that this is directed at me and that my threads and posts are not welcome. This feeling is reinforced by your liking of posts by others who have trivialised my OP. As a new member trying to generate debate this has dented my confidence here and leaves me wondering what I should do now. 

I have not meant or intended any offence.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

Yeah.. I'll bash religion! The day religion is eradicated from this wonderful planet of mine will be (IMO) the day of our enlightenment as a race!

Religion needs bashing... That is my belief-- are you going to show me respect? We'll see

You quoted Kismet's words but attributed them to me. How do you do that? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ozymandias said:

When was the last time God stuck his nose into human affairs?

Diego-Maradona-Hand-of-God.jpg

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

Diego-Maradona-Hand-of-God.jpg

That was a HAND, not a nose! :)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

You quoted Kismet's words but attributed them to me. How do you do that? 

??? I've no idea what happened??? I highlighted/quoted a line- seems it went all weird?? My apologies....

Anyways I'll still stand by what I said= to whoever it was meant for;)

• Like 1

It's a case of 'if you can't beat 'em, join 'em' or walk away.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ozymandias said:

Why did he bother?

How do you know that interfering in one humans life does not affect the whole world, or many people? God came to me, and as a result thousands of humans are now alive who would have died (from hunger or poor water and sanitation)  Many more have better lives health and education because of god's intervention in my life, causing me to prioritise everything i did in life and every value i held. Think about joan of arc and how god's intervention affected european affairs there Or someone like gandhi or mother teresa's effect in india.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ozymandias said:

That was a HAND, not a nose! :)

Does the alleged god have a nose? Obviously man would make a god with a nose...how else would he smell all that BS.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

I am thinking that this is directed at me and that my threads and posts are not welcome. This feeling is reinforced by your liking of posts by others who have trivialised my OP. As a new member trying to generate debate this has dented my confidence here and leaves me wondering what I should do now. 

I have not meant or intended any offence.

Yes. You are right it is aimed at your recent posts.

'Spirituality vs Skepticism' board guidelines

Please always respect the beliefs of other members - the bashing of specific religions, countries, races or belief systems is strictly disallowed. Several of the topics in this section cover some sensitive areas and it is important to respect the views of others; this means no flaming, no flamebaiting, no trolling and no personal attacks. We must also ask that members do not use the forums to promote or 'preach' their personal spiritual beliefs to others....

As was pointed out by another member the thread is set up to generate a negative bias toward a particular version of, 'God'.

This is in violation of the boards guidlines. Your participation in debate is apreciated when debate is not pre-set for an outcome.

18 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

Yeah.. I'll bash religion! The day religion is eradicated from this wonderful planet of mine will be (IMO) the day of our enlightenment as a race!

Religion needs bashing... That is my belief-- are you going to show me respect? We'll see

I'm going to show you respect, but I am also going to show you the Rules.

Your opinion is fine when debated on topic and without disrespecting the many posters we have here of Faith.

Back on topic.

If it's genuine debate you want let's start at the basics.

Define what it is you mean by God.

• Like 4

• The topic was locked