Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A haunted night at Stanley Hotel's Room 217

UM-Bot

In March of 2017, I took a history and ghost tour at the Stanley Hotel. While I did not see or interact with any spirits, I felt intense energy in many areas of the hotel. I also caught some images of orbs with my cell phone. Despite the orbs and intense energy, I left the hotel a skeptic. However, I wanted to come back and stay the night so I could experience more ghost activity. Perhaps the activity would be enough to convince me that ghosts truly do exist.

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/column.php?id=310626

• Like 2

1 hour ago, UM-Bot said:

Enjoyed the story. Darn, I drove by the Stanley Hotel a couple of years ago but didn't go in. Now, I'm cross with myself.

I may be going on a haunted location tour in a couple of weeks. I hope I come back with some true and interesting stories.

• Like 1

Sounds like the walls are paper thin, normal dust-type orbs (from the photos at the external link) and a bunch of people willing to convince themselves that any little mundane thing they find weird is a ghost. 

This woman has not been a skeptic for a long time going by her bio on the external link. 

On 8/13/2017 at 6:10 AM, papageorge1 said:

Enjoyed the story. Darn, I drove by the Stanley Hotel a couple of years ago but didn't go in. Now, I'm cross with myself.

I may be going on a haunted location tour in a couple of weeks. I hope I come back with some true and interesting stories.

when the local jail (Boggo road) closed down years ago we went along for the tour. everyone said the place was haunted but i felt nothing. we even did a ghost tour of the old convict land marks in Parramatta and Rosehill and that sucked too. 

I felt intense energy.. What does that even mean?