Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Black mist' captured in Magnolia Hotel video

The Caspian Hare

http://www.krem.com/news/paranormal-activity-black-mist-captured-in-magnolia-hotel-video/463972217

SEGUIN, Texas - What appears to be paranormal activity was caught on camera once again at South Texas' Haunted Magnolia Hotel.

Strange Town posted a video on YouTube showing what looks like black mist entering the hotel's "Campbell Room" from the left side during the early morning hours of Aug. 5.

• Like 6

Hey that was pretty damn cool. 

• Like 5

the vid...or the comments below it on you tube are quite dire and perhaps very accurate

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, seeder said:

the vid...or the comments below it on you tube are quite dire and perhaps very accurate

Yeap.

My first thought was "Someone's smoking/vaping there" as well.

• Like 6

Sorry (actually I'm not sorry one bit) but this looks incredibly fake.

The "black mist" that supposedly enters moves too quick and looks too pixelated to be real. The "smoke" in front of the camera can be easily created by a smoker or a mist making machine.

Basically the video just shows smoke in front of the camera lens and that is pretty much it.

• Like 3

I wonder if they have an air freshener thingy that sprays on a timer?

I think that happened on an episode of Ghost Hunters once.

• Like 3

Beautiful room and furniture tho...

• Like 4

Black mist exiting a persons body  :w00t:

• Like 6

Aaaand this is proof of what exactly? One of the thing about "ghost hunting" is that the "ghost hunters" will claim any anomaly as "proof" of "ghosts", even though there is no model for what evidence of a "ghost" would look like. Noise on tape, temperature fluctuations - these prove of an afterlife how?

• Like 2

I see wind from behind the camera, probably from some small hole in the wall, blowing out some dust in front of the IR lamp.

• Like 1

Yep, someone vaping. Seeings that it is a hotel, it is very unlikely it was empty. 

As for early morning...so what, its a hotel, staff and guests come and go at all hours.

4 hours ago, SecretSanta said:

I wonder if they have an air freshener thingy that sprays on a timer?

I think that happened on an episode of Ghost Hunters once.

could well be, we would need to see the rest of the video to see if it happens regularly and someone decided to just show this one bit - the usual *its a ghost, click my youtube vid".................................that old chestnut. 

m_ebed2419357c6a57c6d8c44e9b6ab9a0.gif~c

• Like 2

I have a thought... If anyone has ever watched MIB 3 you will see the fantastic writing that was done in that movie(which you do not see in 99% of movies unfortunately). The premise that we have infinite future possibilities... well what if an Ai, lets call it skynet for no reason ;) decided to manipulate the past because for whatever reason it ends up being destroyed in the future. Now to make sure that it is not destroyed etc. it sends nanobots into the past that can jump from one person to another... lets call that the holy ghost. Manipulating world events, people, circumstances that will allow it to overcome whatever conflict it has in the future?

Maybe just maybe everytime we see some paranormal event where we see mists ghosts etc. its just tiny molecular sized bots either malfunctioning and or being caught manipulating the world in favor of their master Skynet? Or it could just be people screwing around?

3 minutes ago, Sundew said:

Who ya gonna call?

Hotel management, because it's probably meant to be a 'no smoking' room.

I live in Seguin and have been to the hotel with a couple of ghost hunter groups.  I saw a pinwheel spin while Robby, ghost hunter, asked questions.  Not completely unexpected I suppose, could have been anything.  

Not it sure what to think about the black mist.  Some history of the hotel, it's not actually open to the public.  The people that bought it open it for ghost hunters and some public outings.  Nobody stays there, other than the owners.  They are full believers.  I have fun there. 

• Like 1

Uh, ok.
To me it seems as if the mist and orb are originating from the camera, or from behind the camera. The flow.

And the shadow at the beginning seems "off"

I call fake, and not a very good one at that. My opinion.

Edited by pallidin

A lot of activity going on there. Orbs also . A very busy room.

or was the camera heating up and giving off vapour.?

depends on what you want to believe!

1 hour ago, curiouse said:

A lot of activity going on there. Orbs also . A very busy room.

or was the camera heating up and giving off vapour.?

depends on what you want to believe!

It's far more likely this: depends on how much of a gullible idiot you are. 

5 hours ago, KillerMiller said:

I live in Seguin and have been to the hotel with a couple of ghost hunter groups.  I saw a pinwheel spin while Robby, ghost hunter, asked questions.  Not completely unexpected I suppose, could have been anything. 

Uh huh. ;) I remember in the early 1990's here in Russia was the real outbreak of the interest in paranormal, especially in the media, and there were a lot of people of TV who roamed "geopathogenic zones", UFO landing spots, crop circles, etc. with the sorts of wire frames in their hands, which supposedly started to rotate wildly when there was some spooky activity. Here's how those frames looked (the picture's from some book on dowsing):

Sposoby-uderjivanija-G-obraznoy-ramki-s-vertikaljnoy-osju-vraschenija_(Kniga-nachinajuschego-lozohodca).preview.jpg.a397345e057f14f18692cd3a85002ffe.jpg

Edited by Chaldon

Been to Seguin many  times over the years but not recently.  Did see both the white swirling mist and the black mist.  As was mentioned they do not have overnight guests. It was featured on an episode of Ghost Adventures. I don't think it was anyone smoking.

There are a couple of other  places haunted in Seguin.The Weinert Bed  and Breakfast, which is haunted by  members of the Weinert family. They aren't considered scary. And another mansion ,whose name i have forgotten. They  have ghost tours at Halloween  at this other place, and it is said to have some negative ghost in the basement.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, KillerMiller said:

Some history of the hotel, it's not actually open to the public.  The people that bought it open it for ghost hunters and some public outings.  Nobody stays there, other than the owners.  They are full believers.

LOL, the owners open it up to the ghost hunters and guess what = they capture something on their cctv???? 

case solved folks, move along, all we have here is advertising.

• Like 2