Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Places That Seem To Effect Time

NotAlien7

4 minutes ago, stereologist said:

The scientific issue has to do with things other than data collection. It is about making it a formal experiment with a hypothesis and considering factors that could affect the ability to draw a conclusion. Raw data can be useful in deciding how to set up an experiment. You probably have the information you need. Today's phones can probably have an app written for them that would collect the data without you thinking about it. That would eliminate simple mistakes in bookkeeping.

It seems to me that it is more likely that mistakes are made in record keeping that there are things that throw anyone for a loop on occasion.

I never thought of a phone app that would be really good with gps capabilites time and speed recordings. I do wish i still had my records but im not a scientist and i make a lot of mistakes. 

• Like 1

On Thursday, August 24, 2017 at 9:32 PM, aka CAT said:

"[T]ime and mil[e]age" in that order?-- i.e. on the occasions when it seemed you had no sooner left Royse City than you "would be going through Rockwall Texas," did you, first, check the time and, then, look to see whether or not the odometer registered the distance travelled from one place to the other?-- was the mileage roughly consistent with the actual distance between the cities?

My initial question had  more to do with things such as

- if you were listening to something, e.g. the radio and/or music, did it become muffled for a time?-- or, at any time, did you cease to hear it?

- whereupon you realized you were in Rockwell, time seemed to temporarily neither slow down nor speed up?

- did you sense any change in the atmosphere?

I asked the last question, because of the account by a woman that I just read.  Whereas both you and she repeatedly experienced supposed time slips that were location specific, she invariably felt as though the atmosphere somehow became denser just prior to every such occurrence of five in total.  In her case, she would slow before reaching an intersection whereupon the road would no longer be paved and, for about twenty seconds, the scenery/setting would be that of about fifty years earlier.

I find what you wrote here very interesting where in you mentioned a change in atmosphere. There is always a slight change in atmosphere when going through Rockwall because of a steep drop in altitude and crossing over a lake on the other side of Rockwall so i always thought it was because of that change in terrain but the one occasion i experienced before i started my record keeping which made me think i should keep records in order to determine whether or not i should be driving to work or to a mental hospital i did experience something of a change in temperature . When i realized my sudden advance from Royse City to Rockwall i felt cold. On approach to Royse City i was behind a ups truck suddenly i was crossing the lake and a different truck was in front of me i moved my hand off the top of the stiring wheel to check my speed and steam come up off the stirring wheel the truck in front of me had a steam like vapor streaming off the edges of it and i had to turn my heater on because i was cold and steam started coming out of the vents i rolled my window down and the outside air was warm. You tell me should i drive to work or?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NotAlien7 said:

I find what you wrote here very interesting where in you mentioned a change in atmosphere. There is always a slight change in atmosphere when going through Rockwall because of a steep drop in altitude and crossing over a lake on the other side of Rockwall so i always thought it was because of that change in terrain but the one occasion i experienced before i started my record keeping which made me think i should keep records in order to determine whether or not i should be driving to work or to a mental hospital i did experience something of a change in temperature . When i realized my sudden advance from Royse City to Rockwall i felt cold. On approach to Royse City i was behind a ups truck suddenly i was crossing the lake and a different truck was in front of me i moved my hand off the top of the stiring wheel to check my speed and steam come up off the stirring wheel the truck in front of me had a steam like vapor streaming off the edges of it and i had to turn my heater on because i was cold and steam started coming out of the vents i rolled my window down and the outside air was warm. You tell me should i drive to work or?

Your question is confusing in view of the previous comment you made that is quoted below:

On August 23, 2017 at 8:38 PM, NotAlien7 said:

I don't drive that road anymore its been about 8 years since i have [...]

What I really want to know is whether Royse City, Rockwall and/or the area between has special significance to you personally.  The reason that I ask is because,                           after our instantly being inexplicably turned 180 degrees North and nearly 25 miles from where we were about to take our usual exit, my husband and I took it as an                       omen to leave that city and return North to our former home in the country.

Edited by aka CAT

33 minutes ago, aka CAT said:

Your question is confusing in view of the previous comment you made that is quoted below:

What I really want to know is whether Royse City, Rockwall and/or the area between has special significance to you personally.  The reason that I ask is because,                           after our instantly being inexplicably turned 180 degrees North and nearly 25 miles from where we were about to take our usual exit, my husband and I took it as an                       omen to leave that city and return North to our former home in the country.

No i don't have any personal significance or connection to that area at all its just a stretch of highway i traveled for many years and that's all.

It sounds like your experience was a bit disturbing for you and your husband. Are you saying it made you return to a previous area you had moved from? 

I went to work for a different company and started driving a different highway about eight years ago. I haven't been down that stretch of road since.

My experiences never upset me in any way i considered it more like a wow moment and talked to others who drove the same road who agreed with me that it seemed to happen in about the same way for them. I'm not the only one who has experienced time skip in that stretch of road. 

• Like 1

Sometimes i joke about my experiences i had traveling that stretch of road on I30 but i assure you i have good cognitive skills in thinking those experiences through. Im sure there have been topics about time travel on this forum and hopefully without starting such a topic within this one i will just say i didn't feel like i had traveled in time at all it was more like missing time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NotAlien7 said:

No i don't have any personal significance or connection to that area at all its just a stretch of highway i traveled for many years and that's all.

It sounds like your experience was a bit disturbing for you and your husband. Are you saying it made you return to a previous area you had moved from? 

I went to work for a different company and started driving a different highway about eight years ago. I haven't been down that stretch of road since.

My experiences never upset me in any way i considered it more like a wow moment and talked to others who drove the same road who agreed with me that it seemed to happen in about the same way for them. I'm not the only one who has experienced time skip in that stretch of road. 

It is not as though the experience especially frightened me.  But, as I was a very successful businesswoman at the time, something extraordinary was required for me to heed my husband's resolve to return to the country.

49 minutes ago, NotAlien7 said:

Sometimes i joke about my experiences i had traveling that stretch of road on I30 but i assure you i have good cognitive skills in thinking those experiences through. Im sure there have been topics about time travel on this forum and hopefully without starting such a topic within this one i will just say i didn't feel like i had traveled in time at all it was more like missing time.

That is a matter of how one defines time travel.  While I didn't initially think of my shared experience in those terms, my curiosity, which later craved answers, was first appeased by chancing upon a large collection of testimonies in regard time slips.  Subsequently, I have read much similar material categorized as dimensional shifts.

Discover some more closely related phenomenon, and I'll take great interest in it.  I seek to find an explanation for such things that can best be reconciled with the known laws of physics.  As there is much that has yet to be thus satisfactorily explained, I also look for supernatural reasons as to why certain people have such experiences.

*Sigh*

:D The wonders of life!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, aka CAT said:

It is not as though the experience especially frightened me.  But, as I was a very successful businesswoman at the time, something extraordinary was required for me to heed my husband's resolve to return to the country.

Could be a good move for the both of you and my change of jobs could be for me also i never thought of those experiences  as being a good omen. 

• Like 1

its the brain in conjunction with routine. The experience is similar to that looking the door not having recollection abou yet done routinely. We humans are the only creatures on Earth, to disconnect from the alert status necessary for survival. 

Edited by qxcontinuum
  • Like 1

Am I dreaming?  Did I just read a post from qxc that I totally agree with?  Woohoo!!

On 05/09/2017 at 5:17 PM, qxcontinuum said:

its the brain in conjunction with routine. The experience is similar to that looking the door not having recollection abou yet done routinely. We humans are the only creatures on Earth, to disconnect from the alert status necessary for survival. 

True observation. 

I have a theory that muscle memory is closely interconnected to our perception of time.  If you practice something enough it becomes second nature and fits neatly into a time frame.  Learning a guitar is a fine example. On a bigger note, practice making perfect, if you break from routine, say a pilot going through a preflight check and being distracted, that is where mistakes might happen accidents likely occur.

Didn't they do an experiment once about showing a digital clock to people who were on a freefall ride? The people only saw the clock for a fraction of a second, but most of them say they saw it long enough to give the correct time on it. They couldn't do that in a regular experiment just being shown the clock. They were testing the theory that people experience time slowing down in stressful situations.

I like time slip stories, though. Most of them are pretty interesting.

Edited by rodentraiser

On Wednesday, September 06, 2017 at 0:45 AM, taniwha said:

True observation. 

I have a theory that muscle memory is closely interconnected to our perception of time.  If you practice something enough it becomes second nature and fits neatly into a time frame.  Learning a guitar is a fine example. On a bigger note, practice making perfect, if you break from routine, say a pilot going through a preflight check and being distracted, that is where mistakes might happen accidents likely occur.

And this is why cops, firefighters, and soldiers practice all the time so that when they need to, their actions will come automatically and they won't freeze up in bad situations.

• Like 1